Let's talk DIY lights

If you want to wire in pots for dimmers you need driver ending in “B”

1 Like

Oh, never mind. Simple is better. I am not used to quality ones that have it built in, and I’m smokin’! No pots, built in dimmers. Check.

This is what I’m thinking…
A pair of HLG-240H-C2100A that I found on Sager I think it was.

With those boards and drivers, a bit of wire, some extension cords with a driver instead of a female end, and a pack of wagos I think I’m set.

…except for my frame.i am set up to fabricate steel…

…hmmm

1 Like

Hey guys I recently ordered HLG 260 V2 Rspec lights and they shipped with a meanwell XLG-240-M-AB with a dimmable dial. There are 2 wires at the output end of the driver which is different from every HLG setup vid on the interwebs.

Not complaining as I like the dimmable function but does anyone else have experience with this driver? My previous setup used amazon led lights and got decent results. Excited to see what this HLG light can do!
60446065223__4F54CB92-CAD4-4184-A3A3-3226C8E99909

1 Like

Here is a pic of the driver and the dimmable dial

1 Like

That driver is suppose to have a built in io adjust too, do you know where its located? I’m guessing on the bottom like elg series maybe?

I’m not sure, I should’ve checked before i screwed it down to the heatsink. I’ll unscrew and post a pic tonight once the lights go off.

1 Like

Don’t sweat it, I was just wondering.

It’s a similar driver to hlg series in terms of specs. A little cheaper though.

How long ahould I leave my plants under my r specs & plcs after switching from the qb 132 4000k?, dont wanna send into flowrring while light still stressing them out.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand the question. Change in light spectrum like that isn’t going to hurt anything. You would probably just want to avoid making large sudden increase in light intensity.

3 Likes

I just wasnt sure if it was the same as switching from purples to strips/boards where ya have to let them adjust to the new light. Your reaponse answered perfect tho.

1 Like

Hell i have 3 COBs ill send ya. 50w each if u can keep them cool…

Damn, QB288 V1 boards, they are giving them away!!!

3 Likes

At that price you can buy extra and run them soft without heatsink.

3 Likes

Hell yeah. What wattage would you consider “soft”?

2 Likes

Probably 1050ma or less would work. That would be about 50 watts.

2 Likes

Sweet. I might stock up on a few, just in case.

2 Likes

Ok. Now I’m seriously thinking about this 288 deal.

If I run 4 x QB288 boards in a 2’x4’ at 50%, good enough to flower?

If so, what driver for 4 boards?

Thanks

1 Like

Hlg-240h-c1050a would do it. The hlg kit for 2x4 runs hlg 240 driver, just half the boards and twice the current.

You have some aluminum plate you can toss them on for support?

2 Likes

Got ya. No plate yet, but scheming on something cheap.

Don’t even need the lights, yet. Thanks, probably going to pick up 4 to start.

1 Like

Sweet! Not needing them asap is a good place to start. Gives you opportunity to look around and see if you can score a deal. Check salvage yard or local metal shops. Maybe craigslist in your area too

1 Like