Let's Grow Some Purple Kush

I think its possible that your sips aren’t sipping correctly for the size of the plant…
Here’s a couple of pics of my design when it comes to bottom feeding…
This works like a charm…
I’ve grown 7 foot tall plants with this system…
It’s a 3 gallon bucket and a 5 gallon bucket for the resivor…
I’ll have to dig for the pics…
Won’t let me download…
won’t download my danm pics…
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m not sure if it justifies anything, but in this first aeroponics grow I’m doing, I have been seeing my reservoir ph go from 5.8 in the morning 6:00am, to 6.8-7.4 when I check around 6pm. Being my first hydro/Aero grow, I’m not sure what is normal yet, but did read that it will fluctuate more during high demand feeding times. Reason being, the nutrients that brought the ph down to usable levels, get absorbed through the roots/media, diluting the reservoir and raising the ph. But…I might not know either so take it with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

Interesting thought. Blue is in a 4 gallon nursery pot (much less than actual 4 gallons) within a 5 gallon reservoir bucket. Its overflow is just below the nursery pot so it has a good amount of space / volume for the water and nutes. If my calculations are correct the reservoir is about 390 cubic inches less the soil wick. This would convert to over 1.5 gallons. Like to see some photos

The soil wick is created by using landscape fabric to line the inside of the nursery pot and pushing it down into the reservoir bucket

Prepped to receive transplant

Transplant complete

9 Likes

How long should the silica be in before the nutes are added.

1 Like

Fully mixed, the question is more of how long it take to fully mix.
It would depend on how much silica and in what volume of water.

Personally I mix 25 gallons worth in a 5 gallon bucket.
First I mix it with a bamboo stick then I drop a pump in, let it run for 10min with randomly mixing it with the bamboo stick while I measure up my other nutrients and fill my reservoir full of water.
After I PH that 5 gallon bucket down to 6-7 PH before adding in Jack’s part A, Epson salts and then cal nitrate. Ensuring each part is fully mixed before adding another, finish off by PH’ing to 5.8 for coco/hydro or 6.5 for soil bit if your in soil no need for silica.

2 Likes

Got some pics…
Hopefully they download…

:v::sunglasses:

8 Likes

@Allinherhead @Nicky
I use liquid Silica Boost from Bloom City. I get the little mixing pump running, add it first then the other stuff.

3 Likes

This morning I did a top flush of the purple haze and Blue(PK)
I made sure the reservoirs were full. All the water was ph to 5.8 or 5.9. Also added 5ml of Flora Kleen to each gallon of ph water.
Each haze got 3 gallons
First reading of first overflow generally around 6.3 - 6.5 with ppm mid 200.
As more water was flushed through the ppm gradually increased. The ph stayed consist in the 6.3 - 6.5 range. After three gallons were flushed through last ppm readings were generally around 1200 with one plant at 1500.
Blue, the purple kush received four gallons.
First gallon ph 7.0 ppm 800
Third gallon ph 6.5 ppm 1460
fourth gallon ph 6.5 ppm decreased to 1000
i will see how they fair going forward.

3 Likes

Your wife sounds like an angel, mine is that as well. She’s trying to help me keep my start small enough to avoid getting “overwhelmed”. And by overwhelmed she usually means don’t grow 5lbs of pot like the last time you wanted to do one run of brewing and made 15 gallons of IPA.

4 Likes

I’ll get you any pictures measurements or information you want from this thing. I’m off most of the day. So feel free to ask.

I don’t think relocation the driver is as simple as it could be

4 Likes

@beardless is there a way to pop the wires loose on the boards by pushing the release button and pulling wire from the clip. If so just get more wire thats longer and redo the cord from the driver to the boards. Should only be 2 wires and the thin ass kind not braided wire the solid shiz. I did my neighbors 135 for him but it is a put together light not sure if these are all set up the same. I would not mind moving my scorp diablo driver out of the room but i dont wanna mess up any warranty on that baby lol

2 Likes

That is great. Thanks for getting the photos. Might be worth checking with HLG about the connections being used. I am familiar with the LLT power side cable connector but not the driver to light connection. These sorts of things are not my strong suit.

Unfortunately I’m almost positive if you were to pop off and change the wire you would void the warranty.

However with the customer service I got from HLG I wouldn’t be completely surprised if they were willing to increase that cable length during assembly for an upcharge? I don’t know that for sure… but I also can’t see why they wouldn’t

2 Likes

Im looking might be able to get one longer to change without void warranty

3 Likes

I assume it is some type of pin style connector at the light so to unscrew the connecting ring at the light and insert the length of cord needed with the correct connections should not be that difficult.

3 Likes

It has been a while since the last closet update. I have legit excuse. I have been fighting with Blue the purple kush and now also the four purple haze. Seeing first appearance of similar ph problem as shown by Blue. Damn.!! they were doing really well and now??? will have to see if the flushing resolves the problem with the haze. I Hope I caught it soon enough. Also spent a couple nights camping with grandson just turning 9. Good time
@Allinherhead how is this for mad skills. Had to change the route I thought I could go but it worked out.

A damper sits on top of this and then 24" of pipe.
Set in place with the collar

14 Likes

Very nice. Wanna help me finish my rooms lol

2 Likes

Is there a doctor in the house?
Purple haze, day 98, day 43 12/12
I tried a light flush two days ago. I checked the res yesterday and ppm was through the roof. Three of them were crazy at 1500, 1800 and 2000. Mind you they are in peat with perlite. Took them outside and turned the hose on them. Drenched them several times.
From a distance they look pretty nice

Up close it is another matter.

Some are worse off than others. If I let them go they will be a mess in a couple of days. They have a long way to go before harvest

Like I said, major drenching to drop the ppm. I got them all down to 340 or less with pH of 6.8. The ph is higher because my well water is 7+.
These have some of the best colas I have grown. It will be a shame if I can not correct the mess I have created.

I trimmed out the badly affected leaves. This way I will know better what is going on in the near future. I have also abandoned the SIP.

I drilled drain holes in the reservoir buckets and returned to using a rack, risers and saucers.

I fed them a regular serving of Jacks ph 5.8 so a good amount flowed through. Returned them to the tent. My fingers are crossed.
@AfgVet

17 Likes

Man oh man… I’ve got my fingers crossed for you. They look like such good buds

2 Likes

Thanks I should have wore gloves while cleaning them up. I had to use a little alcohol to get the resin off my fingers

3 Likes