Let the 2019-2020 grow season begin

@Bubblehead what size cups are those

1 Like

Looks like a standard 12 oz Solo Cup. Notice the clear inside the red? It’s a good technique to see root development without harming them.

4 Likes

I did notice the second cup I really like the idea now my question is how long do u keep it inside the solo cup until it’s time to transplant ?

1 Like

Two or three weeks is all you will get before the tap root starts looking for one of the holes. (You really want to avoid breaking the tap root). But starting in Solo cups is a far better way to manage the moisture content of the media the seedling is developing in. If done right it doesn’t even slow autos down.

3 Likes

They are 16oz plastic “red” party cups.

3 Likes

I look for a couple things. Leaves reaching the diameter of the cup, the plant becoming root bound that is why I have a clear cup on the inside and when the plant starts to use more water.

3 Likes

are both cups the same size ?

Yes both cups are the same size. Just like they come in a stack.

1 Like

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I got to spend it outdoors doing fun stuff vs outdoor chores. The plants are looking good tonight and have changed a lot in a week. It always amazes me how much you can see change in them over night or if your gone for a couple of days like I was this weekend.

The first three ladies are 21 days old today. The were dry and their cotyledon leaves are dying or dead so they got their first feeding tonight. 1/4 strength nutes ph to 5.8. I gave each of them 100ml of the nectar. Roots are evident at the bottom and around sides of the cup.

The second three are 8 days old today. Their cotyledon leaves are still green and they were not as dry as the first three. They received 50ml of water with Willard’s water mixed in ph was 5.8. Roots in view here also not just not as many.

When watered I poured the water down the edge of the cup in an effort to have the roots search it out.

Plans got changed and I’m out of town for work the weekend coming so I may transplant to the 1-gallon pots Thursday. Progress this week will be deciding factor. All plants will be transplanted, might as well give them all a chance it’s just a little more ProMix and a little more time.

This is the second group at 8 days above ground

This is the first group at 21 days above ground

11 Likes

Nice looking good

1 Like

Yup looking good around here Bubblez

3 Likes

Well the second group of ladies loved the water. They almost doubled in size over night. Looks like transplanting is schedule for this week!

Transplanted the ladies and changed their light from the HLG-65,4000 to my HLG-300. I changed the boards out this summer to the Rspec so I’m interested how these will perform. I think during my first grow I had the light too low and it kept the inter node spacing tight. I currently have it set at 90 watts and 26 inches above the top of the plants. Does that sound about right? I’d like to have them a little taller this time. @Killadruid @dbrn32

I have searched the forum to learn about Mammoth P. I found lots of people who have tried it but haven’t found anyone who thinks it is the cats meow and is still using it. Does anyone know someone who is till using it? @Missiles @blackthumbbetty.

I’ve also looked for a grow journal that followed GG or Train Wreck but have not found one. Could someone point me in the correct direction? @GreenJewels @Budbrother @PurpNGold74.

Thanks for your help. I’m trying to up my game this go because I have Cherry Jubilee and Strawberry Lemonade on deck for the next grow. Thinking about throwing a Candy Store or Early Lemon Berry in for good measure also. @NotquiteJuneCleaver @Not2SureYet

6 Likes

If I didn’t already have an elaborate microbe regime, I might think about continuing on past the free sample, but it didn’t seem to enhance my line-up.

5 Likes

I did use Mammoth P on one of my plants last grow and quite honestly I didn’t notice a difference. If there was one I didn’t notice it enough to justify the price of it. Maybe someone else has had a better experience with it.

If I can think of anyone growing those strains you’re looking into I’ll let you know LOL let my Stoner brain think for a minute :laughing:

3 Likes

Sounds good to me

3 Likes

I ordered a Mammoth P! But im pretty sure the garden store i shop kidnap’d it. But @Haildamaged had grown GG4 im pretty sure.

Sounds good to me. I cant wait to watch these beauties grow

What nutrient line up u using this grow? U using roots organics again?

Yes roots organic. The miser side of me could not just through it away I have to much invested. My plan is to use less than the prescribed amount until the plants beg for it. Yep, I’m going to make them beg for it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes