Late Flower High Humidity

I am in week 8 of flower. Started my final flush and counting days to harvest. My rh skyrocketed after watering after I forgot to turn the intake back on. My RH has been consistent 35 to 50. Today my meter is reading 64. Is one bad day of rh enough for rot? Should I harvest sooner to prevent rot from forming? Seriously this is the 1st time they have breached 60 during flower an really concerned. I have a dehumidifer in the tent and another outside the tent, but they are not cutting it today. Temp is current 73 with lights off, so heat is really not a option or is it?

3 Likes

Just increase your air exchange and you’ll be fine.

I would suggest you perform a bud wash at harvest:

4 Likes

Wow, never heard of a bud wash. Thanks, I will look into it immediately.

RH of 64 for a short time won’t affect anything. :v::bear:

1 Like

I have a huge humidity problem at my house. Everywhere I turn I’m running into the problem. With lights on humidity is 45 to 55. With lights out I creep into the low 60s. Just keep the air flowing and the girls dancing and you should be okay. The further they go and flower the more humidity you’re going to get. I’m not a professional like some of these other guys just letting you know where I sit with humidity. Good luck and happy growing

2 Likes

Appreciate the confidence boost. Think I just want to get the successful 1 grow :medal_military: . Had it not happened I would have never known about the bud wash.

Me and @larry1 live in the same area and approach it the same way. Substantial airflow and exchange and pruning. I don’t run a dehumidifier or humidifier.

3 Likes

Here she is today. Hoping I can get through the last 6 days fine. This has by far been the worst weekend. On top of humidity one bent over cause of a accidental bump when watering.

Do you guys think I should do some more defoliation being this close?

1 Like

@Ghostlee5th I am right there with you I’m wanting to be successful on my first grow. First attempt by myself. I have quite a bit of knowledge but doing it on my own for the first time makes me nervous. Even if you think you know what is Right a second opinion never hurts. Like a lot of people say these plants can take a beating and bounce back. As long as there’s lots of airflow and watch your heat. Maybe try to figure out more airflow at night since humidity Rises more then. But unlike @MattyBear who lives on the other side of town where there’s no humidity :slight_smile: I have to run a dehumidifier constantly or I wouldn’t be able to grow inside. It’s nice to be able to chime in and talk about something I know a little bit about now. LOL. Get one of those hygrometer that tells you the lows and highs of humidity overnight. Everyday check it and make sure the highs aren’t out of control. It’s a little piece of mind for me. Good luck and happy growing

by the way I have three clip on fans blowing just on the flowers themselves. Plus one 12in oscillating fan blowing up and a 6in intake fan and a 6in exhaust. Got to keep that are flowing.

2 Likes

Hey @larry1, if you run that dehumidifier in the room outside the grow space, near your intake, that should help control your humidity a little better :wink:

Also, you can remove those older fan leaves, especially the ones at the bottom and that will help lower humidity and increase airflow as well

1 Like

By removing those lower leaves, you will allow the lower buds more light and harden them up

@Ghostlee5th Like @MattyBear was telling me. Get rid of some of those fan leaves especially at the top of yours and you will get more light down towards the middle of the canopy and it’ll lessen the humidity. I definitely need to do that. I really haven’t been in my tent in the last 3 days besides just making sure that they’re still breathing. Ben deep cleaning my son bedroom while he’s down at his mom’s. @MattyBear I’ve tried that dehumidifier inside my tent outside my tent up against my intake fan on the other side of the room. It doesn’t do much. With these tents in my bedroom my bedroom has went from 63 degrees to 70. If I put that dehumidifier in here it pushes my bedroom up to 74 degrees and then my tent gets to the mid-80s. I tried running a duct off of the dehumidifier to the intake fan and that raises the temperature in my tent as well. As of right now my big dehumidifier is in a makeshift dry box drying my experiment. LOL. I’m using my little dehumidifier

in the tent right now. And looking at my gauge my humidity never got over 51 last night. Cakes and pies cakes and pies:-)

2 Likes

Did you tag me in your grow?

1 Like

@MattyBear if you are asking me I never started a Journal. It’d be more like a comic strip. LOL. I guess I should have I’m afraid of some of the comments I might get. A lot of Jimmy riggin. And doing what I could on a tight budget with bagseed.

1 Like

@larry1 Dude, nobody is gonna judge you here. People would give constructive criticism if needed and praise when deserved. We don’t allow trolls here :wink:

4 Likes

Like I said had my hands in this business for a long time but never actually done it by myself. And being a single dad on a budget we got to do what you got to do. But I do a lot of reading on this site. And I have noticed there are a lot of people who know what they’re talking about and there are a lot of beginners like me you don’t do I spitting out false information. I have also noticed there are few on here that like to chime in whether there tag or not and tell you exactly how it should be. So instead of ruffling anybody’s feathers or ruffling my feathers I tend to just lurk in the shadows and watch from afar. Again though my girl has been pretty entertaining and I guess to her people’s comments whether good or bad would be entertaining in itself. LOL

4 Likes

Damn speech to text. Screws up everything. LOL you should be able to get the just to what I’m saying

1 Like

@larry1 I can relate down to the T. Single dad, never started a journal, maybe even a step forward I cant say I even know how to tag. The forum is great, and gave the encouragement I needed to get this far. @MattyBear is it to late to start a journal? I took notes and photos from germ til now.

2 Likes

It’s never too late to start a journal

1 Like