kw_Bat Journal "DWC and Dirt"

lol. Here in south central Texas we had a record low 31 this month. The next day we had record high 83.

2 Likes

I hear ya,
It was a balancing act here, heater at night and during the day I had to turn down the QB light to help keep heat as low as possible. Heck we had a day or two where it go so hot, I had to unzip the door and leave it open, temps was creeping up over 90 dagrees on me.

3 Likes

I feel for you. The 2 hardest things I had to do so far during this life were dropping my boys off at university. I still miss them terribly. One is graduating in May so who knows where he will end up.

1 Like

Can someone tell me if these look ok? Are they starting to show their sex yet?

and this one

3 Likes

Sweet! Hard to tell on sex, can you upload pics one per post please? The software doesn’t allow zoom on pics when there are multiple per post.

You got it man!

Thanks for the tip

1 Like

1 Like

Bottom pic may be a couple of pistils right where you topped it?

3 Likes

I agree, I am going to give it until update on Sunday, I’ll get the cannon out and shoot it a couple of times.

I think better pics would be appropriate.

2 Likes

@WickedAle.

The DWC was planned to be AHaze, I had some trouble with germination, that process took two months by trying the seeds one at a time, my choice.

Anyway, the new seeds are on their way, when they get here, the DWC will enter the picture.

:grinning:

2 Likes

Found the reference that they didn’t germinate. Was interested in the side by side.

1 Like

I got you, glad your checking in on it!

I can tell you this, I have some tomato plants in a side by side and the DWC is smoking the growth of the others. Once they hit the veg stage, the DWC took off and walked off and left the dirt bunch.
:electric_plug:

Crazy results!

I can’t wait to work with DWC on the AH, I am not sure about the autos yet, nothing against them, its just that, I would like to influence the growth stages.

2 Likes

Sunday Update 3-31-19
For a back update:

Got the tent moved to a controlled environment this week, The temps and humidity stabilized, “in which was a major fight screwing with it in an uncontrolled environment”!!!

Also, Amnesia haze is still on its way. I am still not clear if I should add it to the mix, some say with the autos it will not matter. I need to dig more on this one…

Sunday Update 3-31-19

The plants are starting to take off now, some of the growth looks like it stretched to much to me, for Indica dominant strains, therefore I turned the QB lights up. I had the QB’s down as low as I could get them to go, “while they were in the uncontrolled environment”, in hopes to keep the temps in check as much as possible. Got the lights turned back up now, I hope this slows the stretch.

The temps and RH are stable now, H/L 79/72 dagrees ---- H/L 86/62% " the RH you see in the photos was after the door had been open a while"

I water them about every 3 days, this week they got 2 feedings and then today I just shot water to them only. The way the days fell gave me 3 watering in a week Up to this point I have been watering them with just enough, let it dry and do it again, hopping to encourage root growth. Starting this week I will do the Flood and dry schedule.

General photos…

4 Likes

The girls grew like crazy this week, “possible light was to weak”

BBA went from 4 inches to 11 inches in height, and is now 15 inches wide.

NLA went from 3 1/2 inches to 8 1/2 inches in height and is now 13 inches wide.

6 Likes

6 Likes

So I have a question about Auto’s and flowering.

When do you consider them to start to flower?

I forgot to mention, up until this point I have ran the lights on low and 24/7, my plan was to shift to 12/12 when they start to flower, in which I assume that this will be determined by the plant “Auto:”

When do I switch the lights? Or dostrong textes it even matter? Who is the Auto GURU’s out there.

PHOTOS below.

1 Like

Your plants are stretching for the light. What % do you have the QB on? How high? Light schedule? If the continue to stretch you may run out of vertical height. My NL and AH autos got 5.5 ft tall and were much more compact at this,point of growth.

1 Like

Blue Berry Auto.

3 Likes

Northern Lights Auto

3 Likes