Keeping temperature down during flowering

I certainly dont have that knowledge unfortunately but a good thought process i guess lol

1 Like

2 fans. One pulling from the lung room going into tent at bottom, the other pulling air from the top of the tent going back into lung room.

Yep im going to try and inline fan to bring cooler air inside. Passive isnt getting it done with my tent closed up so tight for flower.

Sorry to butt in I have a quick question. So I planned out my grow to the T. But my wife wants to take an impromptu trip out of town for at least 10 days maybe two weeks. My first question is is there any way my girls will still be alive after that time. Also if they are late in flower, would it be bad to let them dry in the pot?
Second question if I had to chop before hand would they be okay in my dry tent that long? And what would I have to do to ensure they didnā€™t develop mold.
Iā€™m in a bind and any advice would be tremendous.
If any body knows how I could keep them at least from dying I would be thankful.
Peace

Definitely donā€™t leave them standing in pots. They wonā€™t dry, theyā€™ll die. Iā€™d chop em if theyā€™re in the window. You want a dry to take about 10 days. If you can chop them, hang in tent and keep it around 60Ā°/60% RH it should work out perfectly. A small fan set on low and pointed at the bottom corner of the tent will keep the air from getting stagnant. Iā€™d leave all the leaves on to try to make them take as long as possible to dry.

Edit: @Elysium . Tagged you bc idk if I replied to the thread or your question. Itā€™s Friday night and Iā€™m super stoned. Lol.

3 Likes

Getting rid of any bends & excess lengths of ducting should help claw back CFM. I think a sharp 90deg bend in 4" tubing will knock off something like 30% of the flow. Itā€™s a lot for a bend. But you still could have a greater restriction due to small intake area &/or restrictive carbon filter. You would want to do the flow tests to see.

How much intake area can you open up on your tent? Any more available than what you have been using?

I could not get another cord either. There was a longer one that was never in stock when I was looking, & I also could not get another stock-length cord to daisy-chain to my existing stock length cord which is too short for much good. But then I focused more on watching leaf temps & am less worried about higher air temps now. Although 88f air temps might be too hot.

1 Like

Thanks brother, appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you, I actually worked it out so that if anything they should all be cloudy when I chop and still have a couple of weeks to dry and cure(all though admittedly faster than Iā€™d lik but what are you gonna do). But I appreciate the feedback for the future. So while Iā€™ve got you this is my first time doing LST, could you tell me if I did it right? I mean I know I did it right but will my yield be better than it would have been? This is only my third grow ever. Thanks chief.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll probably always LST once you see the end result. Looks excellent for your first time. Just keep bending to keep the canopy as flat as possible until the stems get too stiff to bend. I bend and tie down whatever tries to become tallest. The more you spread it out and keep it low, the more ā€œtop budsā€ youā€™ll end up with.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m definitely digging the amount of buds coming in right now. Iā€™ve been trying to bend and tie but the nodes are so close together and once they started flowering there wasnā€™t any room to tie. I definitely wonā€™t go back to the old way. Thanks for the advice man.

1 Like