Just picked up Refurb HLG 350r on sale!

Help, for sure.
HLG350 received today, no dim capability. Awaiting HLG CS for reply,
Order specified w/ manual dimmer KNOB. I am so tired on needing more equipment to get the other equipment to work. ON/OF control, only at this time. Outlet contoller capable of binary operation only. Postings above mention AC-I and UIS control for light. Unclear to me is the UIS just control light off or does the UIS-DIMMER control dimming? Like the light, except not what thought I wanted.

1 Like

Order Specified w/ manual dimmer knob.
Photo copies prove I did not fat-finger. I purposely selected dimmer knob.
Re-visit web site and partial place order confirming selection not changing between my screens.
My light and my manual’s picture, uploaded here.

Thanks for the replys, hope exists.

1 Like

Exactly, but dimmer on light important, I think.
My grow is very similar to yours. Manual knobs for trim balance and Controller for automated circuitry protection. I use one tent to heat the other during coldest time periods.Good growing to us.

1 Like

Give HLG a call they will take care of you. I know it is a pain but at least you will be able to talk to someone there who will care.

3 Likes

Could you guide me and elaborate.

RJ-12 Box is black left side square black connector. Obviously connects to a cable (not included).
Original box said HLG350R featuring Diablo, RJ12, Whip.
A cable and UIS compatible connector required, if UIS can can connect to the Cloudline Controller 69 (UIS-4channels, i HAVE ONE, not 5Ghz compat).
Can Cloudline controller 69 UIS dim this light is the question.
Thanks

1 Like

I just looked at your picture, and the little black box on top should have a dimmer knob in the top of it. Does it has the JR12 plug in the other side of the box? If so it is wired for the 0-10V input. The AC-ADL8 will connect you AC Infinity to the HLG. Here is a copy of the spec for the adapter.

• HLG - All models with RJ 0-10V Dimming box, including those with MEANWELL drivers.

Unfortunately they are out of stock presently.
Get HLG to send you the manual dimmer, and you can always change it back to be controlled by your AC Infinity. When the adapter is back in stock. I know you like to let it be in control.

2 Likes

Here is more info on the adapter from AC Infinity’s website. It appears that if you can connect the 69 to the RJ on the light, you should be able to control it. Good luck bro!
MODEL | AC-ADL8
ADAPTER | Type-B
PROTOCOL | Resistor Control
UIS™
MALE CONNECTOR | UIS
FEMALE PORT | RJ11
COLOR | BLACK
0.78" (2.0 cm)
AC INFINITY
Adapter
Cord
Length:
10.00"
(25.4 cm)
Extension
Length
120"
(10 ft)
Includes RJ11 Extension Cord.

Of course it wouldn’t let me copy the picture of it, sorry.

3 Likes

Here we are.

2 Likes

Absolutely, and the B model may be out of stock, currently

Type A, in shopping cart.
Type B on emailing list, out of stock.
WE tried, no problem.
Thanks, lets burn one and chill.
I need too.

Unless the “Manual control dial” plugs into RJ-11/12jack, I am not opening sealed driver unit.
I have a spares bin that has paper clips and glue, still not compromising warrentee.

1 Like

@Sammys, did you recently ordered one of the RJ dimmers and swap it out with the manual dimmer?
External cabling or internal connections? HLG and AC-I?

1 Like

It’s on my wish list but I don’t have a controller yet. @Sammys can answer your question. I’m pretty sure he said he has ten dimming levels using UIS to RJ cable and controller 69. If for some reason you ever wanted to switch it to a manual dimmer knob they’re $3 from HLG.

Thank you forum contributors, I will sleep better tonight.
@Ickey , really thanks the AC-ADL8 did the technical solution. Now Supply issues.
The store in the UK has some,
but does not ship, to USA. Canada? maybe. They are closed, currently.
Same As AC-I… Just another day here on the farm.
More stuff needed to work the more stuff bought for the more stuff upgrades.
George Carlin, “STUFF” monologue. Mine burned up in the 1994 fire of USN Household stored goods.
167 Families lost stored stuff while deployed or living over seas.
Pictures of me with hair, priceless.
My baby pictures, priceless to me,and yet, I live.

The AC-ADL8 cables are out of stock, hence the dimmer.
$3.00 for a dimmer? how does it connect?
External cabling or internal connections?

Gee, Maybe, I could get lucky, and they will send the AC-ADL8 cable from enginerring or referb stock.
Blind squirells look for nuts, too.

1 Like

To go from dimmer knob to RJ sammys had to cut and reconnect two wires I think. Somewhere on HLG’s website, probably on the RJ jack page, there are instructions for going from knob to RJ. If you don’t see it I’ll find you a link. I’d think it would be the same process but backwards.

Edit: the instructions are on the FAQs. It’s the second one. Pretty sure it’s a one page PDF.

I indeed did, this should help. I removed the dimmers cables and connected it to that rj11/12 port. The the port goes to the aci / rj11/12 connector

Glad you’re here. You were brave enough to make the swap and know a hell of a lot more about this than I do.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @Outlaw , always happy to help. And honestly it was a long shot! ACI said it may be incompatible with my light…but I figured it out. I hope others start doing this too, super cheap and super easy. Don’t have to always manually adjust it anymore.

P.S. I did use the B model for the UIS connector though

1 Like

I also have it right here for anyone that needs. Because I ordered one from HLG before I knew this worked. Here’s a great irl diagram:

@Sammys and all, thank you for the assisting blind squirell.
@sammy, I presume, or would guess, the dimmer dial becomes connected across to the the seperated terminals, Allowing R/G and B/Y to connect to the dial and respectively control the 10v driver circuitry.
providing output level control
. Awaiting HLG’s response. and AM mega-millions announcement.
A close photo showing opposite end of two wires, from Sammy Connector, Where insid waht, did the wires go to?

2 Likes