Just picked up Refurb HLG 350r on sale!

Looks awesome! How do you like the rain science grow pots? Have you used them before?

I got a refurbed 350R a few months ago. I thought that was a steal. If they let you take the 25% off on top of that you got one hell of a deal. You’re going to like it… a lot.

1 Like

Yup! Refurb price + 25% off. Literally within 10 dollars of the Spider Farmer SE3000 I just bought. Luckily I could still return it and I am very happy with the situation. Get it Wednesday and I just dropped 3 Wedding Cake seeds today so im ready. :grin:

3 Likes

Well hopefully ill see you around and see how you like them, they seem to have a good reputation. Just dont know a lot of personal opinions.

1 Like

Just recieved some OG auto beans. Thanks for the photo gives me an idea how many i can run at once.

1 Like

Story of my life. Every time I make a big purchase it goes on sale soon after. Lol. You did good fr.

1 Like

My wife was telling me to wait for weeks and i told her no, i rather get a grow started than wait a month for black Friday or something. Worked out super well, but i did have to tell her she was right. Haha

3 Likes

Sooo purdy. I love watching how its made videos. Lol

1 Like

They are always right. Even when they wrong haha. Happy Hubby = Trees + Happy wife.

2 Likes

Exactly my friend! :smile:

Just scored a HLG350R refurb for 341. shipped :slight_smile:
Wondering which bulbs it’ll be running?

2 Likes

It uses the QB 648 Diablo boards. Congrats on a great purchase.

2 Likes

Congrats! About the sams price I paid. Very exciting.

2 Likes

Where is the Dimmer switch?
My 350R arrived today,
Box label, RJ12 and whip (imbillacal with daisy lead connector for second lamp)?
Fearing needing a dimmer switch, which sale papers identified/specified.
Dimmer Internal?
Thanks, anxiously awating exhale.
Light is awesome compared to Vipar Spectras (mine)

1 Like

@DEEPDIVERDAVE, Did your order the manual dimmer? If so there should be a plastic box on top of the light with the dimmer knob. Did you order the growflux type for remote control?

2 Likes

There were two or three dimmer options when I ordered mine. I picked the manual knob. If you’re using an AC Infinity controller then you can hook it to you light with the RJ12.

1 Like

@Outlaw, yes on their website they offer it with manual dimmer, RJ 0-10V, and Growflux, (which is Wi-Fi- Ethernet). I have ordered the manual dimmer also.
But are you saying that the RJ 0-10 input on the HLG will work with an AC Infinity controller?
If so, the controller must be just sending out a 0-10V signal, using 1-10V for dimming from 100%, and using 0V to dim too off. This may explain why I read so much about the ability to dim to off, when I research drivers.
This would explain a lot of questions that I have about the controllers.

1 Like

AC Infinity makes different UIS cables that plug into their controllers. There’s one that’s UIS to RJ type. @Sammys recently ordered one of the RJ dimmers and swapped it out with the manual dimmer. You can set a timer for the light and control intensity with the controller.

I recently saw a UIS to plug in cable. With that one you could just plug your light’s cord in and use the timer. You’d still have to dim it with the knob.

1 Like

I indeed did do that, if anyone ever needs help with it do let me know

2 Likes

Yes AC Infinity makes some very cool stuff. Good to know that it can connect to a HLG light.
I just kinda curious about how they signal the devices. It just seems to make sense to use a 0-10V for the dual purpose of speed control and on/off.
Since I am retired, and at home most of the time. I am happy with manual dimmers, and old style timer strips. But do plan to buy the 75 controller to cycle intake and exhaust fans by temperature, and use the individual fan’s speed controls for air balancing.

1 Like