Journal 3: 4 different strains from seed to harvest

I shoot for a feed. water schedule. I can’t in Jacks because the numbers build up to fast run off rise for me to like. With my GH nutes. They are pretty stable. I can only let you know what has working for me. If you are going to try and keep things about the same coming out as what is going in. You are going to be doing a lot of water days. I call the 1400 as my end point. As high as I would like to be. I can’t say this is correct. But with the GH. high run off numbers mean more water days. If I don’t keep a balance. I have to do an actual flush which takes a lot more days to straighten things out. I am still learning Jacks. But would think it would be similar. By going as I do feed wise. I never have to do a flush at any point of my grows. I have never had my run off ph higher than what goes in for Jacks. My guess would be that I am using different additives than you are. Every thing in makes it’s own little changes. And you are right on with the

Less run off will leave you with higher run off ppms :grin: You are getting this figured out fast :+1: One more grow and I bet you will be the one telling me what it is I should be doing :grin: Your girls are looking great.

3 Likes

@Not2SureYet gotcha! Thanks for the explanation.

I’m only using Jacks 321 and no other additives. My run off ppm has been 20-70 ppm higher which tells me I should keep feeding everyday without flushing or water only days. My run off pH has been 6.4 at most and I guess that’s alright as long as they’re eating their food :sweat_smile:

I want to test this grow with just jacks and see how it turns out. So far so good!

I’m definitely getting the hang of it faster now thanks to you, Nicky, and Alan! I would love to get to that level where I can chime in and help you with feedback but I still feel like I’m under everyones wing here :grin: I’ll get there one day haha I’m just really enjoying the process to be honest. Its more and more zen everyday.

The girls are looking much better and Its definitely because of the transplant. The tent is starting to smell more and more strong, which I love haha

Thanks again Brian. You’ve been a great help!

3 Likes

It sounds like you found the sweet spot for you. Odd as it sounds. I had mentioned in one of my grows that my best results with Jacks was with it only. Well, other than silica. But nothing else. I got really nice buds from it. So I quit adding extras in it now. :grin:

3 Likes

That’s what I told you lol. It gets easier as the stress level goes down.

5 Likes

@Myfriendis410 can you tag me in your grow. I have been scrolling and scrolling and still have not come across it :woozy_face:

3 Likes

@Not2SureYet Yeah so far so good. I remember @imSICKkid mentioned he had great results with just jacks.

Definitely found my sweet spot :smiley:

@Myfriendis410 you were right sir. You were on my mind actually as I was typing that out. I was like just like Alan told me :grinning:

Thank you guys again!

Today is first day of flowering!

5 Likes

What a enjoyable thread, :smiley_cat:.

@ashhhh you are under our wing and you have advanced greatly since your first post back in those soil days :joy_cat:.
I’m sure you have realized that we are really all under each other’s wings here, I have much to learn yet on aspects I don’t have much experience with. I’m trying to learn rosin and vape cartilages right now that’s a learning curve let me tell you, while on the grow side full hydro setups I still don’t fully grasp because I haven’t been hands on with them so I slowly learn from post to post helping with what I can while hearing what Alan and other hydro people have to say. Clones will be a new thing for me soon and for that I will be reading up and then confirming with @Hellraiser @imSICKkid and @peachfuzz as I know they have vast experience with it.
Me and Brian are always trying to learn from each other and some others we email back and forth.
@Covertgrower is mastering his own things like his Butane unit.
Alan is always helping out in many aspects but I see him picking up info from other members here and there.
I’m getting lots of people on the autopot train these days and @imSICKkid and me have finally swayed the majority of main members to use Jack’s it seems which is nice to see everyone growing easier with a well priced quality product.
Meanwhile hum and @MattyBear are doing genetics to my understanding.

@dbrn32, idk if he learns anything on the forums anymore lol maybe the odd conversation on @Stonedrus 's journal and @Hellraiser seems to have a wealth of knowledge but again see him picking up and sharing new info between members.

So what I’m trying to say is we are all under each others wings even the members who have been here for a significant amount of time.

I’m happy to see your dedication truly paying off though, you must have a little stash on hand by now yea? Or at least from here forward you will that’s for sure.

Glad you listened to us and switched to coco and jakcs =p

Ps don’t sweat the PH run off its pretty inaccurate to be honest.
I woildnt even take the time to read if I was you, if your tds is good and your giving a fair amount of run off then your good.
Ph in is important but out not so much.

6 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying my journal @Nicky :smiley: All your feedback really resonates with me. I actually started off with Promix HP ever sing @Myfriendis410 started mentoring me. It was just the last grow that I got clones that came in soil. I love growing in Promix HP (which I treat like coco) however I do want to mix it up when back from Egypt and give coco a try. Seeing @Hellraiser using it makes it tempting.

We sure are, we are all learning from each other for sure. This is the beauty of this forum, difference growers with different growing techniques and a lot of knowledge to be shared, I love it so much. I really enjoy Hellraiser’s journals as much as everyone elses. His techniques are simple and easy to follow. He makes it look so easy :sweat_smile: Im always lurking around in his journals haha.

rosin & vape cartilages are definitely a steep learning curve for me as well but I will for sure challenge myself with more when Im back from Egypt. Next thing I want to learn is cloning, I just need a second tent which I hope I will get when I’m back from trip. Im tight with time because I have 2 months until I leave so Im just going to focus on the four girls I have that just started the flowering stage. Im going to picking Hellraiser’s brain for that. His journal on clones is very informative and helpful as well (Thank you for all the knowledge and what you do for us @Hellraiser)

I’ll be coming to you when the time is right for me to invest in Autopots. I feel very ashamed and embarrassed that I still havent gotten the second set of HLG qb 260 yet like I promised I would, come flowering along with some UVA light, but I need the money for my trip so I 100% will get it when im back from Egypt, this is a must and I cannot afford to wait any longer to buy them. I was being an idiot while on my bender and ended up investing in a white gold with diamonds grill for my bottom fangs :rofl: oh well, lesson learned not to shop when im not in the right state of mind haha

Im so glad to see everyone using jacks too. Very cheap and saves you money and cannabis plants love that stuff. I havent had any issues with it so far and highly recommend it for beginners. Genetics will be down the road for me, I still cant seem to grasp and understand how it works but thats something I will worry about once I nail down the cloning process as well as rosin and concentrates.

I really enjoy how everyone here is learning from each other and no one be littles others because of the knowledge they have. Dont get me wrong, sometimes i might not post for a few days but im always on here reading other journals. Just dont feel the need to post everyday if nothing is new on my end.
I had a really nice stash, but you know what happens when you, all my friends enjoyed it as well so its all gone now but thats ok. Im happy to share with my close friends what I produce, its a rewarding feeling, especially when they tell you how much they love it.

Never using anything else besides Promix HP/Coco & Jacks. Seems like the perfect combination, ofcourse, until something new comes out that is better or just different to try out.

Yeah I started not to care about the pH run off because, like you said, if the girls are eating their food then nothing to worry about. Yup, you are right, I noticed pH in is more important than out. I measure runoff just for TDS but not pH anymore.

Always nice to hear from you @Nicky and always get pumped to see people post on my thread with any feedbacks, advice, and constructive criticism, I thrive on that to become better.

I’m just very limited with space in my place so hopefully I figure something out for the clone/seedling tent. I havent used any silica for this grow, but I know its essential for trichome production so I might order some tomorrow to add with Jack’s

3 Likes

Forgot to mention shout out to @Not2SureYet as well, hes been a great help. Even behind the scenes, he helps me out whenever we get a chance to chat. Thank you so much Brian, I appreciate you and your efforts

2 Likes

@Nicky @Not2SureYet @Myfriendis410 @Hellraiser

Was wondering what kind of Silica do you guys use? General Hydroponics Armor Si?

I want to buy some but the GH one is going to take a while to get to me. I was hoping to find something via Amazon Prime

1 Like

Agsil16H, it’s the jacks of silica don’t buy anything else.

1 Like

Armor Si. That one bottle lasted me for 3 years.

3 Likes

I couldn’t find Agsil16H on Amazon so I guess I’ll have to go with Armor Si again. Thanks guys!

Lol not everything is on amazon hommie.

1 Like

Reason why I was checking amazon is, because I was looking for fast delivery haha. Did you get it from gardentech?

Oh Ur in Canada right… Yeah you need a friend in the USA to ship it to you.

2 Likes

Armor Si works just fine. One quart will last you for many moons, grasshopper.

2 Likes

I use the SI as well. I think what @Nicky mentioned may be what I forwarded to him. It is like jacks. A little goes a long ways. I would tell Nicky to send you a pinch to try :wink:

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @Nicky @Not2SureYet Thank you guys so much.

You’re too nice Brian, appreciate it.

I’ll go ahead and buy some armor Si this Thursday!

Question for you @Myfriendis410 I know its essential for trichome production but would i be fine without any silica for this grow? I know Imsickkid ran just jacks before and was very satisfied with his grow

1 Like

Day 4 of flowering

For this grow I let the girl ride it out with no training just some light defoliation here and there. I wont lollipop this time as I like the look of a bushy plant and a full tent.

I bumped up the TDS to 930 ppm and maintaining pH at 5.8

Did some defoliation today to allow light to hit bud sites. So far I’m only using jacks 321

2 Likes