Journal 2: Upgraded Setup

Yeah just regular lights work awesome for plant photos… a more natural green can be seen

4 Likes

I was wondering same thing. Is it really close enough?

Not close enough for me after testing it out further. Not so bad when doing large quantities like a 20 or 100 gallons but for the smaller batches most of us do (5 gal or less) it’s just not precise enough.

2 Likes

What are you using to weigh it in, and dump into water? Your procedure from package, to scale, to water ?

Im thinking a seperate, designated med cup for each part?

I use this scale

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Lit-Function-Multifunction-Medicine-Collections/dp/B07L8ZVVRM

And a 30 ml plastic cup, the kind you get with a bottle of Nyquil or couch medicine.

I put water into the bucket and plug in the wave maker.

I then add silica to the water and let that mix up for a bit.

I turn on the scale, put the little plastic cup on it and then “tare” it so it goes to 0 grams, then use a 1/2 tsp spoon to load part a into the cup til I get the weight desired (3.6g per gallon), throw that into the water. Then back to the scale and load up the cup with epsom salt (1.2g per gallon) and throw that into the water. Then back to the scale and load up the cup with part b (2.4g per gallon). Before I throw that in the water, I wait til everything else is completely dissolved (takes a few minutes with the wave maker, I don’t even stir it). Then put the part b in the water and let that completely dissolve, then check pH and adjust as needed.

I usually make my Jacks mix the night before I need it so it’s mixing up and aerating all night.

4 Likes

LOL, meant cough medicine. The weed will put you on the couch just fine.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser Do you have a hole on the cover of your bucket for the wavemaker’s cable to go through while youre storing it for the week.

Its on 24/7 until you pour water out of your bucket again correct?

I cover my buckets with a pot elevator, mostly to keep my dogs and cats out of them.

I have the wavemakers on a timer to run 15 minutes on/15 minutes off at this point but I used to run them 24/7 unless pouring water out of them.

4 Likes

I see, so it doesnt have to be fully covered, just stored somewhere dark.

Thanks

1 Like

Yep, dark is best for no algae growth.

2 Likes

I run my wavemaker for 30 minutes every 3 hours. But my temps in the basement are right around 65F which helps.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Does room temp affect nutrient mix?

2 Likes

@ashhhh mine don’t change, warm or cold with Jacks

1 Like

Same thing. Itll put you on the couch! Some brands. Thanks for the process info. Those are the cups I was thinking. Med cup.

1 Like

@pr I use these. Once they get coated. From the humidity. I just toss them and grab a new one. I use these to soak seeds as well. one pack last a long time

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7W9BUX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

I plan on screening the top with window screen. Keep bugs out. Our cats are indoor, my nutes will be in my garage grow kitchen. Going to Remo my grow kitchen, so it will be more functional and professional! We see how that works out for me. :laughing:

2 Likes

Good idea as well. This is all just me Pre planning for my fall run. Have it all figured out BEFORE I start. I hope! New medium, new nutes!

1 Like

@Nicky this should help.

What? Help with what I’m lost in threads lol
@Covertgrower Ohh is this Ash’s thread? Dang thnx man.

2 Likes