Journal 1: First Grow Ever

@Covertgrower i thought its better to have lower temp like 18-23C and humidity 30-50% or do we go back to what is always said, if the plant looks fine then leave it as is

foxtails are not a bad thing in my opinion, I’ll still get high haha I guess people dont like it because of the aesthetic or something

That’s about it. I like my temps a little higher. ( 29.4°C is as high as I like to go) But it’s okay to go lower too. Just not below 18.3°C.

2 Likes

What about RH? im getting a dehumidifier tom

1 Like

@Covertgrower sorry forgot to tag

Dehumidifier isn’t needed right now if you’re in veg.

im actually about to harvest in 2 days @Covertgrower so the temps that you provided were those for veg?

Those temps still fall in line with close to harvesting. Only thing I would change is definitely adding the dehumidifier, to keep mold at bay.

1 Like

@Covertgrower Thanks!

1 Like

I’m still
Out of likes!

My tent stays at like 80with the lights on now that ok right? and the humidity is at 48ish at its highest

1 Like

Yes this is good. @BigHuff2316

2 Likes

Hello @Myfriendis410 I just got the dehumidifier and it brought the humidity down to 50-55% which is great. Temp is still 27-30C

1. Should I trim before or after I dry?
  2. I have a a lot of brown paper bags. Should I place the bud in them and seal it and place it in my tent where im intending on drying or just hang the bud?

Thanks!

1 Like

If ambient RH is high, trim before drying. If RH is low trim after. Leaves slow down drying process.

I would hang them myself.

Paper bags are used towards the end of drying to slow it down so you don’t go too far.

You’ll want quart Mason jars and 62% Boveda packs too.

2 Likes

Quick question, the jars and 62% boveda packs, well obviously I’ll need the jars, but the packs, does that go for everyone? Or just his conditions? Wondering if I should get some also for when I cure.

1 Like

I’ll be placing the dehumidifier inside my tent which could bring it down RH to 45%.

I just ordered a 10-pack 62% Boveda and will arrive on Tuesday so that should give me enough time to dry before curing. I’ll be purchasing a few mason jars and 3% peroxide in a few hours from my local store once i get off work

1. If im in the 45-55% RH range, can I just go ahead and trim after, or would that still be considered high RH and trim before drying?

2. Would it stress her if I access the tent now to place the dehumidifier or should she be in COMPLETE darkness for 2 days

3. After the two days are over do I just open up the tent and start chopping her up or would that stress her and would need to do things gradually?

4. Do I need some of those small hygrometers for the mason jars or will i be fine with just the Boveda packs as they will control the RH?

Thanks

The packs are essential for the curing process. You need a RH of 60-65% to cure bud. 62% is perfect because its right in the middle. What it does essentially is, bring the RH to 62% when it goes above or below that level. People just leave them in the jars because the longer you cure the better. some local companies here place Boveda packs with the cannabis they package and sell to you. That way it stays in good condition while its packed and ready to sell. Its a win-win for both parties, product is in good shape, consumer can keep them and maintain their bud. They last 2 years

1 Like

Canndescent sends out those packs with their bud, and a hemp wick! they fancy

1 Like

Yeah a lot of companies do! It’s very beneficial and they don’t have to worry about their bud going dry while on shelf, and getting any complaints

1 Like

ok 62% Im ordering some, and quart size jars right? How much on average does a quart jar hold?

1 Like

This will vary based on size and density of your bud. Im going to play it by ear and just order around 4 per plant and see from there

1 Like