Jacks 3-2-1 Info

I’m not sure I see the benefit of using humic/fulvic in a media grow with synthetic nutrients.

2 Likes

I’m not sure either, but it probably won’t hurt it.

1 Like

Just curios as to your water you use. I have to add a ton of up with my Ro here. Just the jacks leaves me at about 4.5 That is with an 11 gallon mix. I think that good be some good info for others as well :grin:
My water temp is about 72ish when I mix. Not saying that makes any difference. I am figuring this out too. I do know my branches have never been so green before. I had always gotten a purple tint on most.

1 Like

Mine is 4.5 with RO too. My tap (7.4 ph, 250ppm) lands it right at 6.52

1 Like

I bubble our city water overnight to remove the chlorine.
It has a pH of 8.2 after the chlorine is gone.
So After adding jacks its in the high 7s. 1ml of GH pH down and I hit 6.5.
I have done this so often I dont even check but about once every couple weeks. It never changes.
Using RO water changes everything. But once you get the formula it should be repeatable for you.

1 Like

hey, lucky I found this thread I was getting ready to contact you. My last grow is and was, as one plant is still going, my first with Jacks. Can’t say enough about it. I was measuring and pouring a gallon of water into each plant, around 1500PPM’s, which we quickly figured It was way to much. I then mixed the formula into 2 gals of water for an input of 800+PPM’s per gallon. That did the trick, thank you. Now, starting a couple of new girls and once they get old enough to go into their forever coco home, what PPM numbers should I feed when very young? They will go in 5Gal grow bags. Thanks

2 Likes

Full strength Jacks 321 and they do fine. Seed to harvest. @jetlag

4 Likes

@jetlag what he said haha! :point_up_2:

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 . I knew it, you guys are trying to kill my new babies. I meant how many PPM;s when very young. I am thinking a very young transplanted plant may not quite need so much? The jack’s site calls for 550 PPM’s? :smile:

1 Like

I run full strength from the first feed on. This stuff is really forgiving :grin:

2 Likes

In coco, run Jacks at full strength, roughly 800-900 ppms from Sprout. Some strains may want a bit heavier, some a bit lighter.

You can start at 550 ppm if you wish, no harm should come.

@Not2SureYet . I guess what I am having a hard time wrapping my head around is that the girls in the greenhouse in a 5Gal grow bag will usually take a full gallon of water/feed to give me a decent runoff to test. If I mix the formula as instructed per gallon of water, 3.6 grams Part A, 1.2 Grams Epson salt and 2.4 Grams part B, I end up with 1400-1500 PPM’s which is high. This last grow I did ok but towards the late Veg/ early flower period I started seeing some issues in the leaves. Initially it was a Mag deficiency that thankfully @Covertgrower was going through as well and he helped me there. Someone else then mentioned that 8-900 was more like it, so I mixed the formula in 2 Gals of water and split between the plants. They have done great, one is drying and will finish trimming and jar to cure tomorrow. Her sister is running behind, but not fat, and the buds are big and thick in both plants. Can’t wait to taste, lol.

2 Likes

So I was told full strength too and I simply couldn’t do it. @Hellraiser ran plants at 650 ppm with no problems. It’s on his journal. I mixed five gallons of water with a mix amount called for 3 gallons to get to my target. Now I’m at full strength pushing MKP mix with the Jack’s: 2g part A, 2g part B, 2g Epsom and 1.2 of MKP with some silica. I’m running right at 1,100 ppm.

1 Like

Great, and 1100 has worked great throughout the entire grow? I need to look what MKP is. Thanks

1 Like

It’s Monopotassium Phosphate: a big P, K jolt you run for the first 3 weeks of flower. Then you go back to the base Jack’s recipe.

Well; I’m in autopots and had to start the plants in their pots early due to a hunting trip. I think one at least suffered with reduced root development so has shown defs all the way through. But the clones I took of the DT/C99 are ridonculous lol. And they’ve been between 1,100 and 1,500 for their whole lives.

2 Likes

I don’t know what the PPM’s are, but I give the full strength jacks 321 formula to the seedlings. Promise I am not trying to kill your plants. That’s the last thing I would want for anyone. @jetlag

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410
I am just asking the question. Does it matter how it is delivered? Top fed vs bottom fed like on a table or autopot? I would think 1200 - 1400 ppm would max me out too.

1 Like

I’ve been using GH for years and 1,000 ppm in mid flower is about as high as I could go, using R/O. But to answer the question: any medium that you deliver water to is suitable for Jack’s. Hydro you have to worry about organic nutrients and these are synthetic, but chelated and buffered to be gentle on plants. I’m a believer: never seen prettier plants in the ebb and flow table and the minimum TDS has been 1,100 for the last couple of weeks. Lights turned up to 75% and going up to 85% this weekend as I’m plus 4 weeks in flower.

4 Likes

Disregard this, you already answered it, lol.

1 Like

Found thi8s interesting link for jacks. Towards the later part of the video @Myfriendis410 he introduces MKP

2 Likes