I've been growing indoors for over a year now

I decided to dry most of the Blue Dream Cola off by itself. She is a 19” Cola.

4 Likes

To put my Blue Dream main Cola in perspective. Yes, I’m a motorcycle rider. I hope no rules are broken posting this pic.

3 Likes

That’s a whole lot of cola and holy beard lol but nah your good we just don’t talk about other forum threads and tend to steer clear of any competitors sites

@Juanhdtv Thanks for the reply. I do grow a beard 24/7, 365 days a year,sometimes 366 days.

Even with as little knowledge that I have before joining this forum, I still got a good Cola and that is about it. I want and need more buds. Knowledge and experience is the King of the Hill.

I’m looking forward to weighing her once she is dried. I’m hoping for more than 2oz dry from Blue Dream,

2 Likes

Yea you found the right place then if it wasn’t for here i would’ve ended up with one main cola and popcorn buds start with lst then topping and fimming then scrogging you’ll be happy next run for sure

I’ve enjoyed growing each crop. I’ve seen how I have progressed since last May. I have 2 seeds in damp toilet paper called Peach Puree CBD. I know I have around 150 seeds or so.

Thus I needed to join a forum so I can learn more. I’d hate to see the seeds go bad, Luckily for me they was free. But no one wants seeds to go bad whether free or paid for.

1 Like

This is what my lady flowers look like on my GSC.

1 Like

@dbrn32 Ok time to pick your brain as I know nothing about Quantum Boards. Here is what I’m using.

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-PAR600-600W-12-Band-Light/dp/B01H72RD3K/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=viparspectra+600w&qid=1569619727&sprefix=vipar&sr=8-4

So I have a 4’x4’x80” grow tent. Heat is a serious issue down in the south.

If I went with a QB, how would this work? Recommendation would be very helpful. I will never cool my room down running with 2 Vipar’s. I do love them but heat is a issue.

How would you make it enough light for a 16 sq foot tent? I want to keep the overall cost down to a manageable level. Links to Amazon on which one to purchase aka several of them would be also helpful.

Does it run on only one light where you don’t need to change spectrums?

I think he recommends 2 - 260xls for a 4x4 not sure if itll fix ur heating issue tho. Thats alotta juice. It will however make sure ur buds are hard as a rock :+1:t5:
2 of these

1 Like

I thought my GSC was done growing tall, but she is still doing that with a bunch of flowers. With just one of my Vipar’s will run up to 85 degrees. Two will probably push it past 95 degrees.

I still haven’t got to the month when the real growing season is inside. We can still hit 95 degrees in November which makes the room even hotter, I put in a big box fan but when the light is on I have to keep the grow tent door open as it will get really hot in the tent.

Thanks for replying @PurpNGold74

1 Like

No problem man. Wish i was a bit more versed. But thats the straight outta the box option.

1 Like

It’s all good. I’m trying to cut the heat down. The AC in this side of the house is terrible. My bathroom is the coldest room in the house and when we have to turn on the heat makes it also the hottest room in the house.

So my grow will will be able to take the heat once it is cold out. I’ll probably have to use some kind of plug in the vent so it can be bypassed from my grow room.

Even with how hot my grow room was this year my Blue Dream still produced a 19” cola. I gotta fix things,

1 Like

Your tent is always going to run warmer than whatever your intake air temp is, so I’m not sure going to better lighting will 100% solve all of your issues. But yeah, two 260xl kits is what I would say for a 4x4.

Wattage is wattage either heat loss or heat directed as photons is still watts of heat weather its directed at your plant or lost in bouncing around u need to counteract your wattage btu usually with ac or big enough intake an exhaust u must exchange air if the air out side the tent is cooler then the tent then u can help with air exchange now if the air outside the tent is warm already around max allowed ambient temps then your gonna need to introduce an ac one way or another sorry to say but it’s a must heat and moisture in. The south is asking for problems I live in south florida trust me I know what your dealing with I’ve yet to do a grow without an ac unit per room I’ve done small 2x6 in outdoor shed …

ac space is a must… now I’m in a 2 separate 10x10 rooms with 2 separate 6000btu window shakers and instill need to regulate the air between the rooms because I got 2500 watts full blast of qbs in the flower room and 1000 watts In the other … them qbs get quite hot even with the passive heat sinks and fans on top and bottom I’ve yet to crank everything up and see what it does but I still dont have my exhaust yet but I know that will solve my issues because the heat is getting trapped at the tops of the rooms and not going anywhere as soon as I put a 6 inch duct up by the ceiling I’ll suck the hot air right out from the flower roon… its gonna be veg room exhaust into drying tent … (veg room dosent get above 72) to avoid light issues between rooms the tent is gonna he ducted into the flower room and all the smell will go out the carbon filter up top and out … but hot areas almost always need some kind of cooling and nothing works like an ac 219 at home depot for a window shaker 6000btu brand new digital …probably find em dirt cheap on amazon or offerup

@fano_man and @dbrn32 for the input. The actual room does get warm. It’s how they built this pos house. I thought a AC would probably be the only way to keep the grow tent and room cooler.

We had real feel temps hit past 125 degrees this year. Heat + humidity = misery. Again thanks for the info, A lot to digest there, I’m trying to keep the power bill down. Not easy to do in this shaft construction of a house.

Proper canopy temps with the qb’s would be low 80’s. If the room your tent is in is kept around 70f you would probably be fine.

The AC is set at 70. But its not for this side of the house, Bad Vent system as this was a add on. So they just did what I call a Shaft Construction job. I guess I will have to get really creative.

Would the room stay at 70 before your grow was in there?

No…its not like a sauna in there but its not exactly cold either. With the grow light off she runs about 77 in there. With a single grow light system that I have it can run upto 85 degrees.

We should be in Fall season but we don’t have that happen here, I did put a big box fan in there, I already have a oscillating fan that turns on when the grow timer switches on.

Piggy back some fans from the cold side of the house lol stand alone units are expensive and even more expensive to run I have the stand alone unit when the compressor is on its 1100 watts that’s more then light I had in that room temerate climates are tough to succeed in it its al.ost a must fail for yo uh succeed kinda thing…I pushed it and pushed until I lost half my ceop first go… got mildew on second harvest during cure and 3rd harvest was quick and desperation for weed… this time I’m not messing around and time is money especially when uh are putting money into the time as well j learn to be efficient with mistakes unfortunately