I've been growing indoors for over a year now

Do you have that strait into the attic.? And if so do you have something holding it in from the other side in the attic cuz that’s not gonna stay with duct tape lol

2 Likes

It’s in the vent from the attic. But I can’t get to that side of the house. You need to be a child to get through the opening to the other side of the house. When they added on to the house they didn’t think of long term solutions if needed. Right now it’s being held by Gorrila Tape.

The room is packed so it’s not easy to get it in properly like I need to. I’ll figure something out for a long term solution. Once the GSC is done I will be able to address this solution better. I’ll need to break down the grow tent and then I can do a permanent fix.

Forgot to add…I’ll be adding another Viparspectra 600w light. This will help my GSC to really develop. Even though I didn’t know what Scrog is, I do now. Next crop will be when I do a Scrog. So any pointers will be appreciate once it’s time to build it.

1 Like

Looks like a start in the right direction sooner or later you’ll want to buy one of these and mount it up there to replace the old one you can screw this in over the original or remove it fit it in place

That’s if your gonna continue growing in the same area either way those work wonders trust me a lot better then having to go check if the tape fell in the middle of the night lol

Far as scrogging there’s plenty of forums on here to help with that the trick is to fill as many holes as possible for an increase in yield

I forgot about that plate you can use. Bangs head on desk. Glad you pointed it out. I’ll have to get it tomorrow. I really need to do it properly so I do t have to break down the grow tent and do the idea I was thinking about.

I’ll have to make sure I can remove it when we need to have the heat on.

1 Like

Just keep your old vent handy for sure lol glad we can all help each other that’s what this forum is all about :muscle::muscle:

And I’m glad I joined this forum. Plenty of help as I need all I can get. I should have joined last year. I wouldn’t be in the spot if not knowing what to do.

I rescued a plant for a buddy. It had no flowers and barely had any leaves. If I would have known what I’m learning now, I would have got more than 27 grams dry. It was a pretty open plant with lots of little nugs. It did come back to life and it helped me learn from it. I wish I would have taken a photo of her because she was literally in Deaths Door Step.

1 Like

I’ve been lucky that I get a nice Cola on each plant. This is one of my small ones. Glad this will be changing on how I grow now.

2 Likes

Adding that light will help you tremendously. And people point out that there are newer options for lights, and that’s true, but plenty of good harvests have come from that type of light. I personally went with newer COB Leds over the multi colored ones. More natural spectrum and it’s easier on my eyes. Prices have come down. What I see most is the lights that have 3-6 Cobs. Take a look, prices aren’t that much more, not like QB’s.

Either way adding the extra light will help. Also maybe defoliatte some. Get rid of some of the big fan leaves that might be blocking light to the inside and lower sites. Also the little shoots at the base of the plant, trim them. That way energy isn’t wasted growing airy ,light, and small buds and can go into top bud sites. Just a thought. Looks good keep it up!

2 Likes

@Deke Thanks for the response. I’ve been trimming the bottom off as they don’t get light.
I’ve had good luck with the Viparspectra lights. Sure it’s hard to take photos with the light on, so I will start taking them with the light off…well lights off soon enough.

I was going to ask about trimming these off and forgot too. That is only part of the leaf. I had to shrink do to size limit.

2 Likes

The after photo is chomping. I’ll do more in a few days so this beast can bounce back.

2 Likes

Looks good they won’t mind the haircut watch in a day or two it’ll be back lol

Most of the GSC is now getting light. I was worried it would stress her to much but they are resilient.

1 Like

Caught up. Sorry ran outta likes. But that girl is a big’n! That second vipar will do her some justice. But if ur gonna spend more cash id definitely be looking to upgrade quality. Not sayin the vipar wont get her done. Obvs… u have a harvest in hand.

Yup supercropping. It was mentioned earlier. But ur past the point of changing her shape much. U are going into flower judging by those pistils i saw. Should be seeing ‘crowns/buttons’ anyday now. That mark day one of flower. They start to really harden at the stems, and dont crop well. Need to research it a bit before the next grow. Check @elheffe702 grow. Frigidank. He setup a SWEET SCROG. @merlin44 is a real :man_mage: with em as well. Seriously worth a read.

Anywho im here and watching now. Lets light her up like the 4th!

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 Yeah I got that it’s to late to change her shape. But that is ok. I’ll get one hell of a Cola like I always do. Only thing that has gone right in my favor. I’m just glad I’ve joined this forum. I thought that a GSC plant 54” tall wasn’t normal. I now know why…Scrog.

I don’t have burnt or discolored leaves since my first two crops. I’ve gotten better at growing. I’ve always had a Green Thumb. Good thing or I would have probably given up growing all together. It’s been a bumpy ride since May 2018 and the rewards is finally paying off.

I never did research on grow techniques but I am now. I just jumped in back in May 2018 and didn’t join a forum. My big mistake.

Thats about when i started as well. Was crash and burning horribly. This site has been a godsend

1 Like

I agree about getting a wealth of knowledge here. I can’t wait till the next crop and try Scrog. Definitely need to start researching it.

Girl Scout Cookie flower.

1 Like

I just dropped two seeds of a strain called Peach Purée CBD.