Issues with the smell of my dried bud

From a fellow grower: No matter what strain I grow the after product smells like hay. When I grind the buds up it does smell good but when smoked goes right back to the hay flavor. Is there any advice you guys could give me on making a better aroma.

2 Likes

Lol , maybe it’s your palette. No not sure in that one :thinking:

1 Like

How do you dry your buds. If they dry too quick or the humidity is too low you will end up with the hay type smell. Take your RH to around 62%, that should help.

3 Likes

My opinin(that I don’t have enough information to give…lol) is your rushing the drying process. My stuff has great terms and smells as good as it tastes. Here is how I dry.

The curing process in my opinion starts about 2 weeks before harvest. Split the stems and start flushing with flawless finish. After two weeks if trichomes are rite and the plant has started death cycle i chop and hang, the whole plant, ir at least the largest portions i can make. I do a modest wet trim.

After a week of hanging i lay out on drying rack for another week. Now there are fans blowing on them in both stages lightly and room humidity is kept between 60 and 65.

The dry trim again and to jars. I burp 2 times per day, for a week, then once a day for a week. If the jars hold 60 rh I then seal and don’t touch 2 weeks.

I know it seems like a lot, but it makes tasty strong bud.

1 Like