Issues with leaves wrinkling and turning down

Could you remind me what medium you’re using?

1 Like

Will be honest. Don’t like RO water. It removes critical micronutrients that are natural in water. Your Iron, Magnesium, Calcium, etc. come from water. I just dechlorinate mine, but I use my own soil I cook myself. So, my growing style will differ from yours.

1 Like

@Duh-BanjoPicker the soil I use is Mother Earth it’s a blue bag that has nutrients and perlite. This is my first grow so I’m dealing with some growing pains but I’ll eventually get to where I can grow with less issues and better plants and figure out what works best. I don’t use regular water because I have a water softener and I heard that water isn’t good for plants. Sorry I’ve been asking so many questions. I truly appreciate all the help from you guys

2 Likes

And don’t think you can accurately measure PH of RO water. I’ve read that RO water gives off the wall Ph readings. Maybe someone can correct me or may have more insight. Would also depend on how much you RO water. If you’re doing a 1-1 it may not be that bad, but the higher the RO transfer, the more things get removed.

1 Like

No worries bud. Your plants are pretty healthy from what I’ve seen. How much are you watering? And how fun has it been learning these plants. It’s been a ton of fun for myself. I would eventually like to do a hydro grow someday. But there’s something about sticking my hands in soil I’ve gathered, added things that would would eventually end up in a land fill, and put it to use. I don’t use many nutrients at all. I make my own compost teas as well. I use 4-4-4 and Half 2-8-4 and earthworm castings during veg. Then , I’ll top dress during first week of flower with 2-8-4, and some bone meal at 0-15-0. Compost teas once a week, and I’ll do the same feeding at week 4 of flower. Then it’s just water her when her pot is dry with no runoff using dechlorinated water. I don’t PH my water at all. You think you might be overwatering?

1 Like

@Ace420Grow ive heard great things about the Recharge. It’s pretty much like making a compost tea. But I’ve heard it’s on the lower side of what you can make at home.

1 Like

@Duh-BanjoPicker i water once a week because that’s when my pots feel light and soils feels dry. I usually water on Sunday but I’ve had to water a few times by Wednesday because the soil dried out sooner than expected. I usually try and pick up the pot every few days to see how light it feels so see if soil is dried out.

1 Like

Thats some good stuff man! It was my first microbial inoculant. I ended up moving to Tribus as its more diverse and alot more concentrated. But I keep Recharge as well. Using them both as the recharge has a carb load (sugars for the microbes to eat).

1 Like

Hmmm…in flowering stage I would think that once a week might not be enough. I usually feed every third day. My soil isn’t completely dry per day. If your soil goes completely dry. You could be killing off the microbes which could lead to a lockout as well. I’m hoping someone chimes in on the fun off numbers. As I think they’re high on those.

@Duh-BanjoPicker @PurpNGold74 @Khaos850 need some help still having issues with some type of deficiency I started using cal mag and still looks like the deficiency is still present. How long does it take for cal mag to take affect? This is my second watering with it. And I don’t see any improvement. With RO water does it need to be ph? The reason I ask is because I was told with RO water and or Distilled water you don’t need to ph it since it will ph to what the soil is. I posted below a picture of the plant in question and what some of the leaves look like. Thank you for the help.

2 Likes

Those colors coming out of those buds is beautiful

1 Like

@Smokey731 thank you I love the purple in them

RO water can’t be accurately PHd from what I’ve read and heard. What method of cal mag was added? From what I can see. Your new growth looks healthy. Any additions won’t fix an already damaged leaf. The damage is done to that leaf……forever….always watch your new growth. What is your watering schedule? Still just once a week?

1 Like

What else are you feeding them?

1 Like

@Duh-BanjoPicker i feed cal mag that I add to water and roots organic terp tea bloom which I top dress

1 Like

Need to check your soils PH. Is there any specific reason you use RO water?

1 Like

Yes I use it because I have a water softener in my house and everything I read says that softened water is really bad for plants @Duh-BanjoPicker

2 Likes

@Ace420Grow you need to pH your RO water after adding Cal-Mag if its over 100PPM. I use RO water and if I only give them 4mL of Cal-Mag per gal it usually ends up being 150-160PPM and pH usually is around 6-6.1 so I pH up.
The Cal-Mag will clear up leaves showing deficiencies. It just takes a little time. How often are you watering? You really should check your runoff pH and PPM next time. Its the only way of knowing where things are at.
I have a water softener system and even with that my PPM is really high. Like 750 high out of the tap. I made the mistake of using my tap water my first few weeks and it caused a lot of issues which took weeks to get straightened out. I ended up intalling a RO system and it solved all my issues, besides taking forever to make water.
Here is a pic of when I had issues from my tap water to what my grow looks like today after getting it recovered.
Ive since gotten rid of the 2 AK47 and have 4 WW.

2 Likes

@Khaos850 i posted my ppm when I checked them my last watering and I asked if it was fine or to high and didn’t get a response about my ppm from anyone so I don’t know if it’s correct or wrong. I was watering once a week I’m now watering twice a week

I think you need to be around 1000ppm out during mid flower. Which looks like where you’re at. And where you’re looking at your leaves. Make sure you focus on new growth. The damaged leaves will not get better. After making any feeding changes. Always focus on new growth.

3 Likes