Issues with leaves wrinkling and turning down

Haha yup. That means they are praising the light gods.

No seriously it means ur just a tad too intense. See going at 100% would have been too much. U can turn it down just a bit, or let them keep praying.

4 Likes

@Ace420Grow sorry was busy but see purp had ya taken care looking good :+1:

2 Likes

What is your DLI? My light set at 38-40 DLI and around 22" above the canopy seems to keep mine happy right now during week 3 of veg. A lot of times after I water, depending on the plant, the leaves will droop like that for a bit or even 24hrs. Also, depending on what time of day you look at them could be the reason you see them like that. Most days they wont stand up until an hour or two after lights on. They relax at dark. These are all observations I’ve seen during my current first grow, so take it with a grain of salt.

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 what do you think about these buds sites brother? Want to make sure my plants are on the right path? Sorry for all the questions lol

1 Like

If you were to put a time lapse camera in your space. You’d be amazed at what these plants do. It’s like the have wings. They flap them up and down as they grow.

3 Likes

Healthy plants bud. Grow is looking strong. Keep it going. Do what you’ve been doing. Home stretch growski! Those fan leaves are praying to the electric Jesus. Absorbing all its wonderful energy and about to pass it down to the rest of the plant!

1 Like

I’m at 4 weeks flower rock dense. Running my Electric Sky ES300 at 100%. Got green leaves, stand, and stalks.

4 Likes

They look good! How far along? About 2-3 weeks from flip? Maybe a tad longer but the sugars developing.

Loving the colors coming out

She is stacking up nicely! Those should be some thick colas in a couple weeks. Looking good bro

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 week 4 just started

1 Like

Much appreciated. I’ve just cut any smaller stem shoots that were not going to amount to much. Going to top dress with a little 2-8-4 Earth dust and some worm :poop: and see what she does in the next 3-4 weeks.

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @Duh-BanjoPicker @Vtbudz @Khaos850 so I check on my plants everyday so make sure if I see something wrong I can catch it right away so I can fix the issue yesterday I didn’t see anything wrong this morning before I left for work I went to check on them and noticed this. Can someone please tell me what this might be and how I can correct it. Thanks again for the help and greatly appreciate it. Sorry for asking so many questions but trying to learn what issues everything looks like so I’m the future I can correct on my own. I was feed just water the last few week and this week I feed 1/3 of the recommended bloom nutrients not sure if this is the issue

1 Like

Those yellowing boxes inside of leaf veins is classic magnesium deficiency.

Are you supplementing calmag or epsom salts? Also did you properly pH the last feed? If not, you could have a minor lockout and the Mg isnt readily available instead of deficient

Pretty general and rough writeup… but

Nitrogen deficiency looks like yellowing lowers just all over the plant.
Nitrogen toxicity is burnt tips, very dark green foliage, and/or clawing.

Calcium deficiency looks like a bunch of brown dots popping up everywhere.

Phosporus deficiency looks like calcium (brown spots) just woth yellowing leaves like Nitrogen

Magnesium is the boxes inside the veins.

Potassium is VERY yellow edges. Looks like nute burn in overdrive.

These are the main deficiencies we see daily. As you learn to listen to your plants, ull eventually run into most if not all and learn to recognize them in early and late stages. Again VERY generalized info. N could be off on the P n K markers. Those two always confuse me

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 I’m not using anything other than the veg terp tea during veg and now during flower the terp tea bloom what can I go and buy that can help me correct this issue I truly don’t have any idea what to purchase? and don’t want to buy the wrong thing. Thanks again bro for coming through once again

1 Like

Agree with @PurpNGold74

1 Like

Also your in flower if it’s the lower leaf it will eat up the lower leafs to as she nearing to towards the end of her life

1 Like

I had some similar issues with that type of yellowing and leaf curl- both up and down. Cal-Mag and getting pH in check were the culprit.

3 Likes

Depends on the route you want to take. Calmag is more encompassing. You normally need both so it helps to have them together.

I have the GH version but there are a few diff kinds and most are fine. Be wary tho, if its main ingredient is Calcium Nitrate, it will have a bit of N to it. And in flower, overloading Nitrogen can hurt a bit. Not dealbreaking tho.

Epsom salt you can get from anywhere. Just make sure its unscented. Its an excellent source of magnesium and we keep it by the lb for bathtime after a hard day. Good for a sorr back… i believe it has anti inflammatory properties for us and good for the plants.

@PurpNGold74 i just bought last night the cal mag plus the one in your picture that has the tomato

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 @Vtbudz @Khaos850 @Duh-BanjoPicker so I finally got my ppm meter last night and early this morning I feed my plant with half the required nutrients and cal mag and a product my grow store recommended to help with ph/nutrient lock out called Recharge by the company real growers. One of my plants ppm was 1250 another one one was at 1550 and the 3rd and 4 plants I couldn’t get a really good reading because I don’t think I had enough runoff but one of them read around 1000 from what we could tell. Are these good or bad readings and can someone pls explain. The plant that had the leaves issue that I was told could possibly have a cal/ mag deficiency was the one that read 1250. I also switched from distilled water to RO water when using one of these water do I need to check ph if I’m mixing nutrients in the water and if it’s plain RO water with no nutrients do I still need to check ph of that water? Any help is greatly appreciated

1 Like