Is my light enough?

@TheVirginian @Graysin @oldmarine @Low @dbrn32 should I be cutting off some leaves? Some are flat against the soil. I’m LST or trying at least. Should I be lollipopn?

1 Like

If they don’t lift up away from the soil and towards the light by the time lights out happens, I’d personally be removing them.

However, I have yet to LST a plant whose leaves touched soil and stayed up against the dirt for more than a few hours.

Stand by for more experienced input.

1 Like

Only fans if they are throwing shade on lower buds.

All the ones hitting soil at any point you should remove.

2 Likes

Ok ty I never cut leaves off before but I’ll give it a try now and see how I do.

1 Like

Well I imagine you will be getting used to it soon!

1 Like

Before pics N after pics. I feel horrible now :smile:

!

3 Likes

Better off!

Yeah ik my camera actn crazy sorry. I only cut the ones touching dirt n attached to stem not the ones going to buds. There was four off each one. I left a little stem from where I cut off utuber said gives room for issues idk

I trimmed a bunch of leaf TIPS off today. Gave the Olsen twins a “hair trim” if you will. “just the dead ends” :smiley: Where she’s eating the lower fan leaves and the ends are “burnt” looking or totally crunchy/dead and curling, i snip back to the green on their fingers and let her eat again from there. They obviously aren’t absorbing light for her anymore on the tips and it’s a huge waste of energy if she focuses ANY towards repair/rejuvenating DEATH, lol. I don’t know if it is/was a good or bad thing but SEEMED like the right thing to do for her so i did :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s actually good. It’s suppose 2 help your bud bulk up so u did a good thing. @Hellraiser talked about it and @pr did it also. I just keep 4getting 2 do it

5 Likes

Yep, I did five tops per plant. Still soon to see effects.

3 Likes

Updated pics without as much orange light.

Should I cut the other leaves off that are blocking the sun to lower buds like in pic👇?

1 Like

@iDontKnowGrow
Personally I’d let them get a lil bigger.
Just remember that the leaves are the plants light engine. Take too many and the same as cutting off 2 cylinders in your engine. . :wink:

:v::pray:

1 Like

It’s a controversial subject. Lol. You gotta do what works for you.

1 Like

I don’t think she’s big enough to worry about light blocking atm.

2 Likes

Ok thank you I don’t want to cut any I already feel bad I’m really close with these girls🤣

2 Likes

When I get home I’ll take a pic of my trim bin full of fan leaves. :rofl: you’ll get a kick out of how much I strip off my lil Tree

2 Likes

I saved all my leaves I only cut 4 off each. I’m LST so I pulled 2 more branches down and tucked some leaves I think I’ll be good. I still can’t believe they are flowering how long you think until I get some trichomes? I read autos don’t produce trichomes is that true?

1 Like

I have a couple 50 gal bags of trim. LOL

2 Likes

Dang that’s nice you make hash with it?

1 Like