Is my light enough?

If you can find it the flex seal comes in a non aerosol that you can just paint on the seams.
Bit neater than spraying. :wink:
:v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Think my pH is too high but they seem fine should I be worried? The only issue I had was the burnt tips on the smaller plant when it first sprouted it stayed on the tip no more colors came out and the one with burnt tips is smaller but same time and everything as other plant is this runt going to catch up or will it always be a runt?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a lot of runts grow up to be very special plants. Certainly donā€™t count them out too early.
Had a stunted White Rhino self topper that was way behind her sister in early veg.
Gave her to a buddy and now itā€™s one of his biggest plants.

Nite shot. :wink:

:v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Ty :open_mouth:wow sheā€™s huge I canā€™t wait to grow outside gdamn thats nice.

1 Like

Hello to all my growmies hope you all are doing GREAT. Is this normal for all the crotches to have leaves growing all ready?

Iv grown a bunch of times with bag seeds I was never successful but I donā€™t remember getting growth from the crotches like that early n I only got 1 plant to ever flower and it was horrible about 3ā€™ long with 7 sets of leaves it was so waspy and airy no crystals no skunk smell Iā€™m surprised it didnā€™t die it was in a solo cup itā€™s whole life with only soil and water no nutes at all I was 19 so 20yrs ago

1 Like

@Graysin I did not water at all for over 24hrs nowšŸ‘ lol I feel horrible the top leaves had a lil curl down at the tips. Iā€™m guessing from me watering everyday. I only was micro watering them until yesterday. Was only giving them less then 8 ounces of water a day and the soil dried up in a few hours so it wasnā€™t always wet but not much time to dry. Is there a recommended amount to how long you want soil to be dry?
I just got some fish sh!t I plan on adding that to there water today. Dope af post on freebies here I found a couple of free samples searching the Fish Sh!t was a great deal it was FREE 99 just $6.99 for shipping usually itā€™s about $20 for a small bottle 120ml

1 Like

Fill a container with dry soil. Pick it up.
Then Pick up your container with the plant in it.
Youā€™ll feel the weight difference immediately. Once you get the hang of what wet/dry feels like you can gauge it that way. Thereā€™s no set number of days sadly because the water consumption varies depending on growth stages. My plant took 2gal every 7 days (in a 10gal fabric pot) and is now drinking 2 gal every 2-3 days.

Yeah I did the exact same thing. Iā€™ve only used maybe 20ml so far (for the garden of plants I have thatā€™s pretty impressive)

Iā€™ve heard seed breeders have freebies sometimes too but Iā€™d be hard pressed to find em.

2 Likes

Thnx growmie Iā€™ll figure something out thatā€™s a great idea Iā€™m out of soil right now Iā€™m getting more soon for another plant. Iā€™m not growing it but itā€™s in the same house, there trying to grow only using potting soil, sun, n tap water in Syracuse NY the most snow fall city so indoors. Itā€™s a waste of a great seed imho but they think I went overboard on my grow. There trying to prove me wrong that you donā€™t need all this stuff I got. Even if they do get it to grow itā€™s going to be mad long n whispy if anything grows at all. Itā€™s 5 inches out of soil n those main 2 leaves are not even open yet there sticking together. Itā€™s making me crazy watching them waste a seed but canā€™t wait for them to prove themselves wrong.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be laughing right there with you when they get a nice leggy stalk that tries to flower on them 3 weeks into growing from insufficient light.

I do believe you can grow with a simple set up. I think bare minimum to make it work in a closet is like, a $5 box fan, a good quality light, some organic soil from a nursery, a pot, dechlorinated tap water, and some supplemental nutrients (tomato food or something else with a good NPK breakdown). I donā€™t believe a bare minimum plant is going to be as good as those grown in tents, whole rooms, or outdoors.

I have every belief that something grown in a window may not make it to harvest.

My evidence:

Look at these f%#kin things man. :rofl: theyā€™re some sad, sad plants. Theyā€™ve been tenderly loved by an avid plant person, but this girl doesnā€™t grow cannabis and she doesnā€™t know what they need. Someone just sorta handed them to her and said ā€œyou know how to grow things.ā€ When she found out Iā€™m growing she was all too happy to pass them into my care because she can tell they arenā€™t doing well for their age (1.5-3 months, sheā€™s not certain but has had them for at least one). Theyā€™re still in my windowsill because I need to transplant them into larger pots and top the soil with some DE - I donā€™t trust that whatever was crawling around on them is gone for good.

2 Likes

@TheVirginian @Graysin @oldmarine @Oldguy @Low @dbrn32 when should I put my HPS bulb in? I didnā€™t top or fim I just started LST few days ago.

3 Likes

Assuming that means you are currently growing with metal halide? I would change to hps when you start flowering.

4 Likes

:point_up:

Looks like you got some flower goin on, go ahead!

3 Likes

Yea there flowern I canā€™t believe it less then a month old I must of messed something up next grow Iā€™m not using autos. Ty for the help :v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Was the edit to add pics? I swear they werenā€™t there when I posted haha

3 Likes

Yes it the was picsšŸ˜† The overhead ones are from yesterday the first 2 are from today.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Go with whatever @dbrn32 recommends. I only use LEDs - too hot to go the bulb route.

2 Likes

I put the 1000W HPS in itā€™s so orange looking kind of hurt the eyes gdamn that MH bulb was hot af burned through a hoodie not bad but like melted looking like a hot iron left on it.

1 Like

I dont think my girls like the HPS bulb some of there tips are yellow but they seem ok idk what to do the only thing I did different was add fish sh!t I canā€™t find a NPK someone online said it was 2-0-0 only other thing I use is great white I havenā€™t used molasses in the last 3 waterings.

1 Like

@iDontKnowGrow photos would help but honestly itā€™s probably just fine. 1750 sounds like itā€™s running pretty hot but theyā€™ll eat a lot as they get into full flower. Your levels all sound good to me. Let it go for a day or two and see if it worsens or stays the same.

If it seems any worse, just give plain filtered water for a feeding and see if thereā€™s improvement.

1 Like