Is curing important?

Damn started flowering sept 20th from looking at older pics. 3 weeks would be 10 weeks. Flower. U think longer than that? Its an a bag seed that is an auto. Was told it was lemon haze

I cant wait to have a tote full. Ive got 4 seedlings going now. Hoping at least 2 are female

Hard to say lots of variables see all those hairs that are white? Wait till almost all of them are orangr/red/brown whatever they mature to

2 Likes

Yes sir. Just thought that would be soon. Im getting antsy. Smells so good.

Yea its always a good idea to put either a boveda packet , a integra packet, and or Hydrometer(at least 1 if finished at the same time) into your containers and keep it between 58-62% humidity 65% you start running into the risk of mold and if you donā€™t want to spring for the packets lettuce leaves transfer moisture very well and leaves little to no smell

Glass is the way to go.

Glass canning jars are hard to find near me.

2 Likes

I donā€™t usually smoke my buds until theyā€™ve been curing for at least 3 months, other than just sampling them to see what the initial impression is and what clones to keep. Itā€™s nice to not be in a hurry, as I have plenty of other already cured buds to smoke until then.

7 Likes

Just curious on why glass is better?

They say glass is better because certain plastic can leech into your buds if its stored too long.

4 Likes

See this article - https://stonerthings.com/glass-plastic-where-to-store-your-weed/

2 Likes

Welcome to the community ! you can grow the biggest buds in the world but if you donā€™t dry and cure it right you got weed that smells an tastes like hay.
Just my thoughts good luck.

3 Likes

I have not been able to find any jars in a big box store since spring of the year.

Thats a big no for me on the tupperware for long term storage. I prefer glass. However, ya gotta piss with the cock ya got! Ideally get a glass jar with an air tight lid. Store your cannabis in a cool dark place.
Actually, the main reason I dont store in plastic is because plastic break down relatively fast and I dont want plastics in something I plan to put heat too. Plastic is ok for short term bulk processing, but once thats done you must make hash, package, smokeā€¦ place in jarsā€¦ etc. Just dont store long term in it.
Oh and some plactics really stink

5 Likes

Let me clarify I didnā€™t mean long term storage I meant until the crop settles at X humidity. Then I jar in glass.

Although I use home depo buckets right now Iā€™m gonna get food grade ones once we can all go back to working normally lol

Some of the old pros swear by cardboard boxesā€¦ To each their own but plastic can be fine it has to be safe plastic though. BPA free food grade etc.
I like glass to once itā€™s settled.

@Hellraiser I agree long cure is Soo nice unfortunately I had an ooops and lost 6 plants so with my limited grow space thatā€™s gonna hurt till next fallā€¦ Iā€™m getting to that point though I have 5lb in the house lol

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QTVPH48/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_ChcTFbQWEN8RW
And there are a ton of choices. Try a Menards or fleet farm they carry these too.

5 Likes

Thanks ! @neofirebird over the winter when demand slows down you would think production would catch back up.

2 Likes

Exactly spring is when they cost more and sell out.

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to get to that point. I grow for me only 2 to 3 autos at a time. I smoke before the next grow is done. I am going to have to buy an oz or two just to get to the point where I can cure right and have a stashā€¦lol

1 Like

Amazon.com I use these and keep them in a dark closet. With meter and boveda pack. Usually I use 2 for its a gallon jar.