I'm totally new

I actually ordered, comes by Thursday the 9th @Myfriendis410

That picture had to be removed because it had your shipping address on it. Please donā€™t post your personal information, itā€™s against forum policy.

From what I noticed, that meter didnā€™t test ph. Did you get a different model for ph?

Didnā€™t know it had it damn Iā€™m sorry

1 Like

Ok I am curious now I just transplanted 3 of my plants into coco soil as pic above shows which type. But Iā€™m curious if me adding 1/2 teaspoon of molasses and a teaspoon of fish fertilizer 5.1.1 is a good idea as there tap waterwater source till I get my ph/TDs reader in mail on Saturday. Or is there something else I can water/feed the 3 plants now. They grew there 2nd tierā€™s leaves beautifully and reminding 7 seedlings are growing slow. I have out of the 7 seedlings I have 2 standing 2" pretty ladies about to form there 2nd tiers.

@Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @monkman @LiftedLorax @GenghisRon

Just take your PPM readings before adding the molasses.

Ok. I canā€™t take any reading till I get my ppm &tds reader in the mail on Saturday. How should I water&feed my 3 plants right now as I was before with tap water with foxfarm soil& fertilizer (grow big) 1-1/2 teaspoon itā€™s what I been using from the very beginning of seedlings to soil. So maybe now I should step up to the 2-3 teaspoons it requires on bottle general feeding. You tell me my man Iā€™m listening

Is it coco loco from Fox farms? If so no feeding is necessary for weeks.
If itā€™s straight up coco than they will need some feed but I donā€™t use the bottled nutes or straight up coco and thatā€™s a different beast. I think ph should hover around 5.8 and the feed at 1/4 strength to start and increase as they get more massā€¦bigger plants eat more

My guess anyway

2 Likes

i might be wrong on this, but you donā€™t need to feed the little guys until they are a bit bigger. they live off the cotyledon leaves (those are the round first set of leaves) for a while. but iā€™m in peat starter soil, not coir so it might be different for that. but my plants donā€™t get any nutes until they have their 4th set of serated l leaves out. that is when i consider them done with the seedling stage and starting the veg stage. but from what i understand, you donā€™t need to feed seedlings. if you are going to feed them, make sure that it is a very small dose

2 Likes

Theyā€™ll need a light feeding. Coco has no nutrients.

@Covertgrower what would you recommend feeding my ladies out of these 3

and how much everyone says something different Iā€™m listening to you guys in here my family

1 Like

@Italianking Iā€™m as new as you, so I donā€™t have much advice. Iā€™m learning from the same guys you are. However, Iā€™m growing in potting soil, not coco. I didnā€™t even know what that was until I joined the forum. I am following advice and havenā€™t fed any nutrients yet. I purchased Chicken Soup For The Soil, but will probably order jacks 321 because I hear alot of people swear by it.

1 Like

Never even heard of those 2 of the jacks and the chicken soup

Dr jims chicken soup for the soup is a liquid. Itā€™s simple to apply. Jacks 321 is three granular supplements that is mixed and according to the directions has to be done a certain way( I havenā€™t used it, so this is second hand knowledge) Iā€™m pretty sure some of the people you have tagged in here use it and can offer more advice, although alot of people use fox farm too. I just learned about the others first, so thatā€™s what I have. Any of them are easily ordered online, just Google them. Relatively inexpensive as well.

You should always lightly feed. This is the soil schedule, i wasnā€™t able to find the coco schedule, but this a good start. Cal-mag is a must in coco. Coco you want the ph at 5.8-6.0

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @monkman @Skydiver curious question after transplanting my 3 ladies in a medium pot there looking amazing and growing quickly with beautiful leafā€™s, I have 2 smaller trees to plant 1 is an amazing size maybe 2" and barely showing her 2nd leaves but a beautiful plant. The other is around 3-1/2" tall stretched just a few days older. My question is in the pic of the middle plant it was growing sideways for 5 days so I tried to help the seed shell that was stuck on it, the 1/4" stub broke off would this plant still grow or will it die now under the soil

Everyone emerges on their own time.

@Covertgrower so do u think this plant will survive that snapped on accident trying to free the stuck shell sideways plant in middle of pic

next time you get a helmet (shell) stuck on your plant put a dollop of spit on it, let it sit for an hour or so then do it again. wait for a bit and then it will be likely you will be able to slip the seed pod off the plant without damage, but donā€™t force it. i canā€™t tell by looking but if you took the cotyldon leaves off that plant when you broke it then i doubt that it will grow, but donā€™t really have any real experience to prove that one way or the other.

3 Likes

Not likely that it will survive no. I usually use tweezers to get the shell off.

@Covertgrower

here is it broken off Iā€™m so pissed off