I'm totally new

Sorry @dbrn32 @monkman I built in my basement a nice 10’ long ×8’wide ×7’ tall out of 2"×4" s I used plastic for wrap all the way around and on top to keep all bugs,spiders mites out, I used 4’×8’ insulation reflection roofing boards to reflect brightness and heat better, and I taped all seams for the inside of grow tent.

2 Likes

@Skydiver here I am Paisan

1 Like

Plants will grow fine under 18 hours or 24 hours light. This is mostly personal preference based on grower experience. When I start seeds I usually 24 hours light for first week or two, then 18 hours.

2 Likes

Appreciate you my guys @dbrn32 @monkman & @Covertgrower @GenghisRon Oh by the way update finally I have full germination of all seeds finally last 2 sprouted last night in toilet paper which for some crazy reason I found toilet paper works much faster no idea why but trust me try it vs using paper towels just stick a piece of regular paper in between toilet paper
at folds so it ain’t mushy to open my seed dispenser told me it’s faster it truly was wayyyyy faster vs towel and last seed sprouted it’s tail this morning when I woke up after 10 days total 3 days water cup soak and 3 days wet paper towel with zero action then 2days toilet paper trick and bam finally got last 2 sprouts which I was believing were dead seeds. It’s just taking a long time for 5 seedlings to break surface, 2 are finally breaking surface this morning after 7 days planted

4 Likes

I was told a teaspoon of baking soda for oxygen in a shot glass in the dome would help so I tried it last night. My new lights are really helping…dome tem 79 humidity 68 also I was wrong from time of 3 sprouted plants I have standing tall at 3" were planted on march 28th. Are these to tall for 6 days

2 Likes

I do 18/6… I was told that a 24 hour light schedule can actually begin to slow down growth. The plant needs atleast sometime to recover and rest… because of the stretching your probably fine right now but once you put into a bigger pot I wouldn’t go much higher than 21 hours

1 Like

gm @Italianking, yea i gave them a rash of crap about the way they start out folks for the first 24 hours, but i now understand that it is to stop the robots.

i use 6/2 from start until flowering when i switch to 12/12. the reason i run this is that i read that after 5 hours the plant uses less and less of the available photons algebraically. it helps keep the heat down, and my plants love it.

1 Like

I don’t believe that to be true. What those people are usually seeing is a plant that’s not as tall. That’s from not having the stem elongation that comes with lack of light. Cannabis is a c3 plant and does not need time to recover or rest.

That being said, it grows just fine with less than constant light at satisfactory light density levels. So if your room is setup well, there’s little reason to purposely run your lights constantly. You would simply be paying for energy you don’t need.

3 Likes

Anytime, I’m a tag a way.

@Covertgrower @monkman what should I be watering my seedlings and 3 plants that stand at 3" tall right now? I finally got 5 sprouts I planted 5 days ago that are breaking surface right now. I do have the 3 package of foxfarm

p.s my new lights I bought yesterday are definitely doing there job much more progress with lights and drainage of the extra water in each pod I have

I don’t know what type of soil you will be moving them too, but if it is any type of fox farms Or anything nag like that with nutes already in it you will be good For atleast 3-4 weeks without adding any

1 Like

I’m sorry I forgot to add and tell you all my soil I’m using I’m using coco soil

I was told coco soil was 1of the best for my plants and I heard it don’t have anything to help it grow on it’s own so I’m asking now. Plus I heard in pic above that fish fertilize is good for plants. @LiftedLorax @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @monkman @Myfriendis410 @GenghisRon appreciate your knowledge

2 Likes

You’ll want approximately 200-300ppm in coco. PH to 5.8 to 6.0.

2 Likes

Sorry if I’m offending you @Covertgrower I’m so new at this I don’t understand what 200-300ppm is in coco? Ph I can handle that part.

1 Like

Parts per million use a tds meter!

1 Like

Where can I get a TDs reader my brother with everything closed due to this virus

1 Like

Amazon I just ordered one today

3 Likes

Lifted Lorax covered me here. TDS/PPM Ives more accurate readings of the strength of your nutrient solution.

1 Like

Ok I just ordered a new TDs 3 in 1 digital reader should the be here by the 9th. I have a very questions now I found this ph reader I used for my garden growing is this ok till I get my new 1 ? #2 question any reason why the Afghan seedlings pop through soil taller vs the blueberry? And the wedding cakes seedlings planted in the soil are taken forever to break the soil. My 3 talls are growing there 2nd leaves I’m happy. The wedding cakes can test your patience really fast.

@Covertgrower @dbrn32 @monkman @LiftedLorax @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Those 3 in 1 meters are worthless. You need a decent PH and TDS meter. Here’s what you should be looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8/?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/Dumsamker-Professional-Temperature-0-9999ppm-Aquariums/dp/B07H578WWT/?tag=greenrel-20

4 Likes