I'm sure its been asked before,but,

…is weed with bud rot ok to eat after decarbing ?..:>)

1 Like

I dont think i would eat or smoke anything that has rot or mold lol. Not good for the lungs or stomach id think.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen here, I’m pretty sure people do the hydrogen peroxide wash, decarb, then make dab wax using the qwet method with everclear and supposedly this makes it usable again

I have no firsthand knowledge of this but I’m sure others who have done it will chime in

It’s extra work but at least you can get something out of it

I personally am not sure I’d do it either, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that people have salvaged some using the qwet method

3 Likes

Might use in lotions but don’t t
Hink I would consume it. Probably be horrible taste anyhow

2 Likes

I would eat it after decarbing it but that’s just me. You could extract the resin with 190 proof everclear I think that would kill the mold spors. I definitely wouldn’t smoke it though.

2 Likes

Don’t smoke or do other if you don’t wash the flower if is nets around but if is mold in the bub I don’t think so you can recovery that bub

This is the only way I’d even consider it. I agree that between the decarb and the grain alcohol (everclear) should kill the bad stuff and as edibles it should be ok but still gives a little heebie jeebies thinking about

How much was affected? Are you looking at throwing out a lot of you can’t safely make concentrate out of it?

I eat moldy blue cheese with a giant smile on my face. I’ll even age it in a dark cabinet for a week or 2 sometimes. While I agree, and don’t smoke weed that’s moldy… I sure will eat it.

3 Likes

I’ve seen what mold can do to a person…I wouldn’t mess with it at all….literally taking chances with your life isn’t cool at all…up to you tho

2 Likes

…thanks for all the input.The question was a ‘hypothetical’…personally,I ‘toss it’…:>)

2 Likes

Supercritical CO2 extraction will make it safe to ingest or smoke. But not typically something folks do at home…

2 Likes