ILGM Gold Leaf just starting week 3 of flower

@MattyBear The stands come in different (fixed) sizes. 2x4 seems the smallest.

2x2 tray:

https://www.amazon.com/Botanicare-Trays-Tray-ID-White/dp/B078SWJH3Z/ref=sr_1_23?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

Thanks pal

I’ve got the Gorilla 2x4 tent and I’m also pretty happy with it. The front zipper has a tendency to get a fold in it that I have to straighten but it seems very durable.

I’d rather buy once and pay more than buy twice and pay less. Just hate the waste. We’ll see how this holds up. Glad you like yours too!

@nostril

Is it the lite or the full fat version?

I have the 2x4 lite tent as a veg tent, it isn’t quite as good as the full fat tent and I get the same zipper issue as you

I took a good look at the clones tonight - here’s a group shot

One of them has definitely suffered but the other two are doing pretty well when I compare them to earlier pics. The one at the front left has definitely grown new leaves, rounded, un-serrated leaves (as others told me to expect with monster cropping). The one at the back has grown a root out of the bottom of the pot and some new leaves too although it’s harder to see. I guess I will let them continue because who doesn’t like free plants?

New, round leaves

Not too shabby

Finally, some Amnesia Haze just starting out

2 Likes

Lite. I guess that’s a flaw in the design…

That front left clone might be the one to take future clones from! She’s pulling ahead lol

1 Like

@MattyBear

You’re not wrong. They all came off the same mother though so they should all be the same but clearly “front-lefty” is doing much better than the other two

I’m going to let them continue for a while, I’m interested to see what monster cropped clones do

Me too, but I think I’m only gonna be able to fit her in a 3 gallon pot due to the size of my veg tent

Day 45 of 12/12 (should have done this since the start)

Well into week 7, the plan is to stop feeding and start the flush at the end of this week, SMcSF looks like she is going to take a bit longer than the other two. Probably she will get another week before flushing

The girls continue to fatten up.

SMcSF, very few brown pistils

Les Nemes, her buds look like brown buttons when viewed from above

A closer look reveals maybe 20% brown pistils but much more ‘meat’

Nick Heyward, she seems the ripest of the three

A lot more brown pistils. A quick squint through a magnifying glass reveals no amber trichomes tho :frowning:

Finally, a group shot

As for Marijuana: The next generation I am still undecided. I think the garbage clone is going to be culled soon. Both of the others are showing a root out the bottom of their pot so it’s nearly time to put them in their forever home. The Amnesia Haze seedlings haven’t done much in the last few days

@MattyBear @nostril

Would appreciate your input nostril, I know we are neck & neck and you are getting close to flush/harvest

5 Likes

Gang looks good!

2 Likes

They look really good. My feeling is that we both have a little longer than we think. I wouldn’t rush the flush. As a friend of mine suggested to me - it’s probably best to think you’re near cutting before actually starving the plants, since harvest seems to push itself out a little.

I’m also not fully convinced of the whole flush thing (look it up, I’m not alone), so I don’t necessarily think there’s a huge negative to giving the plants what they want a little longer.

Either way, given that you, me, and @Bogleg have plants in the general same timeframe, I’d say that yours and @Bogleg’s plants look much more similar to each other than they do to mine. I was thinking that might be because he’s DWC and I’m soil (or soil like medium), but since you’re also soil, that doesn’t necessarily ring true.

One thing I’m certain of - all of us will have tasted some of our grow within 6 weeks. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@nostril

You might be right about the time frame, I can’t seem to find any trichomes that are definitely cloudy much less amber. About all I can say is that Ol’ Stretchy is behind the other two.

BTW, I am growing in coco

1 Like

Oops… sorry. I knew that! :slight_smile:

I didn’t really flush my first harvest. The unknown hybrid started to show pollen sacs so she was pulled right away, no time to flush. We use GH Flora trio and didn’t notice any ill effect from not having flushed. She was very tasty.
The other two (sour diesel and bubba kush) had plain water for their last feeding, not really a flush. Again, very tasty buds. Especially the SD… makes me drool :yum::v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Not much to report, things continue to fatten & (I hope) ripen. Maybe I saw a few opaques trichomes tonight, fingers crossed. SMcSF is showing a few brown pistils

The two best clones got repotted and fed, they are really starting to grow now. They can veg for a while before being flipped. I’m really interested to see how a monster cropped clone performs

I had an attack of “the smarts” and nuked the three seedlings. I live in a legal state but the limit is six plants, eight is more than six so I had a cull. There’s also a limit of 10 ounces of plant material in the home & I’m more confident that I will get close to that with this grow. The last time I had “trouble” was because I got carried away and grew too many, maybe I am getting smarter as I get older? Nah…

3 Likes

Bummer you had to cull. What a dumb law. Are they going to come inventory and weigh your stash? How do they plan to enforce that? Or is it more to keep the honest people honest? I just hate the laws in general. I can go over to the va, and get horrible, horrible, addictive, life-ruining medicine for my pain, or I can grow a plant. Wouldn’t you know it, all the laws are against the natural, inexpensive cure. I guess I should be happy I’m in a legal state. Just dumb though.

5 Likes

Thing is if someone smells it, tips off the law and the law come round to check me out. Less than six plants / 10 ounces in hand and I’m golden. More than six plants / 10 ounces and I’m in the manure.

It’s even worse than that for me because I’m a permanent resident, not a citizen. MJ is completely illegal under federal law and if I have an arrest for cultivating MJ on my record then it’s goodbye any hope of naturalisation or renewal of my green card. I’m probably being incredibly stupid growing anything TBH

2 Likes

I see. Hopefully you have the smell under control, and hopefully you have cool neighbors!

3 Likes

Hopefully :slight_smile:

2 Likes