I was busted for this in 1976

Howdy, latest update is all good news. The plants are all in the early flowering stage. The largest plant is 4 inches clear of the rest (I wish I knew what I did right with that one). Currently the tallest is 13 inches and the others are a bit over 9 inches. Colour is good, just a few claws here and there.

At this stage I am looking for some advice. I currently have the lights at around 18 inches from the top of the plants. As the flowers are coming on, can I drop the lights? I am using a Mars-Hydro TSL2000. It’s 300 watt, approx 3 feet long. @GreenSnek, @YellowHouse, @AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie, @Deepsix, @Covertgrower, @Brandy

image image

2 Likes

Yea 14 in from canopy would probably your limit though also with that close up those yellow tips might be a slight nutrient deficiency you may wanna give them booster of nitrogen and magnesium

I would raise it closer to 20.

For a 2000 wide ? You’re already only getting about 700 par at the edges of a 4x4 at 18 in

Thanks for the advice guys. I just had a look at the pics I uploaded and they are not the most recent. Last week I had some thrips in the tent so I used a bit of pyrethrum. Unfortunately the spray was a bit unregulated and it was dripping a bit. I think they yellowing is from the pyrethrum. Generally the plants have a healthy colour, except for the remainder of the bleached bits. I have set the light at 14 inches for the moment. It has been at approx 18 inches for a couple of weeks so I don’t really want to back it off further. Check out the latest pics.
image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpeg

3 Likes

You’re right much better coloring and you re going into flower nicely gratz

1 Like

G’day everyone, the grow is going quite well. Plants vary in height between 16 inches and 2 feet. They are getting a good frosting starting to build up now. Any estimates on how much longer before harvest? I am guessing a few more weeks?

3 Likes

Looking nice and frosty and so early too they’re gonna be top class buds bud

1 Like

Nice and frosty

Those look awesome turtle! I am super jealous haha. I started my first grow a couple of weeks before yours, and I’m still waiting for the flowers to pop. Mine aren’t autos though, and I just switched to 12/12 11 days ago. Is that normal for autos to grow that fast and flower so quickly? If so then you just convinced me to order some auto seeds.

Hey Yosh, my first time but everything i have read tells me this is normal for autos. I am super excited watching them develop. You can almost see them growing. I highly recommend them.

Hi Slym, they are looking tasty for sure.

Thanks GS, it is thanks to yours and others advice though. :+1:

G’day everyone, as the plants head toward maturity, one plant appears a bit pale and quite different to the others.

As you can see, it has turned quite pale compared to the others. Trichome development is way down on adjacent plants also and yet the plant itself appears very healthy. Feeding and watering is exactly the same as it’s neighbours. I assumed it was readying for harvest but there are still a lot of clear tri homes and virtually no amber ones yet. The pistles have nearly all browned off. Any thoughts?
The last pic probably demonstrates the colour best, it doesn’t show so well on the others but in reality, the colour of green is 5 shades lighter than all of the others. The leaves are very shiny but mostly smooth and free of frost.
@AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie @Covertgrower @Yosh @Deepsix @GreenSnek @YellowHouse @Brandy

2 Likes

Have you checked runoff TDS?

ADA, I have no idea what that is. Can you help me out with that pls :thinking::sunglasses:

Total dissolved solids/ppm in your runoff from feeding.

I see, well I didn’t even know there was such a test so I haven’t checked haha. But nevertheless, all of the other plants have the same feeding and watering. What would I expect to learn from a TDS test, lack of nutrients or salts perhaps? I will look around for a test kit but in the meanwhile, what are your thoughts starving perhaps?

1 Like

An excess of nutrients would signal lockout. A low TDS number would mean she’s hungry.

2 Likes

hi turtle,

you have done OK. while some might be paler than others, don’t sweat it.
Did you keep a grow diary?
Experience is the best teacher IMO.
Look like they still have a little ways to go.