I thought the kids were going to grow these weeds!

Maybe. What I’m finding is that each strain is different, and there’s differences between clones and seeds. ILGM has a harvest guide you should check. The pictures at the guide will give you a good idea of where you are. And heck, if you hit it early it will just be a milder, more gentle high.

Here’s a picture of the Blackberry buds and trims out for their daily airing while curing. Does trim ever really cure? Trim is leaves, which are full of Chlorophyll . Anyway, the buds still smell mostly of grass. I guess you cure until the grass smell goes away?

3 Likes

So, come Tuesday night, the Superglues and Afghani had been drying for three days. I was a bit worried that they, like the Blackberries, were drying too fast in our low humidity climate.

Over the weekend I had found a YouTube video from a commercial Cannabis grower on slowing down drying. This company grows in soil, and harvests/drys and cures in low humidity Arizona.

What they do is let their plants air dry between three to five days. Then they clip the bud containing stems off into a paper bag, the tbagg is rolled shut and then put into a black plastic garbage bag.

So, that’s what I did. Initial testing with a simple hygrometer showed humidity of 35%. The buds and stems went into papers bags, then into black plastic.

I checked tonight and both paper bags of Cannabis are registering 62% on the hygrometer! I put a 62% Boveda pack in each sack to maintain humidity, but I’m very surprised at the change from 35% to 62% in about 24 hours. Now I can ‘burp’ the bags and take my time trimming the buds down for curing l

3 Likes

Well, it’s time to bring this grow to a close. The buds cured well in Mason jars with 62% Boveda packs. They are very potent, lots of sugar with great taste and smell. The only criticism was that the buds should be thicker and fatter. That’s probably cured by trimming and using something like a SCRoG for the next grow.

And after trying some six CBD strains, I’ve finally found one that will actually give me a relaxed 'peaceful,easy feeling '. I wondered why my boys were using the Sweet Afghani CBD so much and now I know! When ground up it has really sweet, herbal smell with no skunk or fuel odor. Mix a bit of that, a bit of Superglue—and contemplate the next grow.

3 Likes