I’m trying to get it right, this is my first grow journal after messing up 6 seeds with 2 different attempts!

Definitely all good advice above. I was going to give the opposite advice myself lol. Not that either way is incorrect. It’s all about growers preference i guess. I watched what is now my biggest plant wear a helmet for 2 days. I’ve always been wary of doing anything to the sprouts in fear of disturbing them. They are very very delicate for the first week. Things are looking good though. Remember DONT over water and don’t over care for them. If you are asking yourself, should I be doing this right now? …it’s probably not the right time. At least that’s been my experience.

3 Likes

Update: 11-28-20 8:20am Day 4 since planting and Day 7 since putting them in water.

I gave each of the seedlings a few squirts from the water bottle. I noticed that the shells that are on the 2 seedlings are working its way off the plant. I didn’t want to take the chance like you said @Ironman26 and disturb them as they are very delicate. For now it looks like they are coming along.

1 Like

If they are still on next time you spray. Give extra attention to the helmets. Get them wet and it’ll help them fall off

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks!

2 Likes

They will fall off as it grows… , I use a toothpick if it don’t pop off easy don’t fuck with it.

2 Likes

Thanks @WhiteLightning

2 Likes

Update: 11-29-20 @ 9:40am Day 5

Today while opening the tent, the tent door knocked one of the seedlings over and I just scooped the dirt back in it and packed it in. It’s the closest one in the picture. I gave

it a few squirts like all of them. I moved it over so it doesn’t happen again.

2 Likes

It’ll live. I knocked over one of mine 3 times it only slowed it down once…

2 Likes

Has anyone heard of this soil?
Is this comparable to HF?
@Eagles009
@Nicky
@Deepsix
@Ironman26
@WhiteLightning

1 Like

Never heard of it.

2 Likes

Like he said

1 Like

Not me either…

1 Like

If it a slow release don’t use it though…lol

5 Likes

Good point and it says right on it feeds for four months. Gotta have some slow release ferts in it. If you need a cheap soil that is readily available at big box and is suitable for cannabis let me know.

3 Likes

I guess I never even looked that close at the bag…good eye…:+1:

1 Like

I do, thanks!

1 Like

Available at every walmart around me. I’m liking the consistency of the yellow version. Less sticks and wood chips and such. Either one will work for seedling to harvest. Not too hot for the seedlings and will feed for a couple weeks min.

3 Likes

This is the back of the bag.

Update: 11-30-20 8:15am Day 6 of planting.
I went to spray the girls with a few squirts of water, and see that they are coming along great. One of them are bigger than the others. How long do you guys think I should wait before transplanting the bigger one to the 5 gallon fabric pot? But nevertheless they’re looking good, in fact better than the last 6 plant attempts. So I guess it was the dirt which was 100% FFOF. Thank you to all who’ve given me advice.
@Nicky
@Ironman26
@Eagles009
@WhiteLightning
@Deepsix
@Psu8286

7 Likes

They ok for now, let them get a little bigger and stronger for a safe transplant.

2 Likes