I’m trying to get it right, this is my first grow journal after messing up 6 seeds with 2 different attempts!

@Bodiefromthewire dont worry about perlite and mixing with seedlings. Just take your happy frog fill up a solo cup nothing else. Make sure you have a clear dome. You will mist the inside of the dome BUT NOT THE PLANT. Water droplets act as small magnifying glass and and burn the areas that have water on it.

2 Likes

How much water are we talking? Over watering has to be the number one killer of seeds/lings

3 Likes

@Ironman26
Any suggestions for a light? I’m considering getting a bigger tent with better lights for the next stage. I’d like to have different tents/lights for the different stages.

1 Like

@Eagles009
How many squirts of the water bottle should I use and how often. Also should I remove the oscillating fan for now and use my smaller clip on fan?

1 Like

How many squirts depends on how much water lands on the dirt. You’ll have to judge that for yourself. Probably 4 or 5 will be good though. As far as lights go it’s dependant on what size tent you plan to get. Personally i use HLG lights and they work well but are quite exspensive. In a 2x4 tent the HLG 300l rspec would be a good light for full cycle without the need to change lights

2 Likes

@Ironman26
My basement ceiling will only allow 5ft limit. So I’m thinking 4x4x5ft. Currently I have 2x4x5ft. Btw you guys are giving some great advice. Thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m not the right guy to give you exact measurements and frequency for a solo cup start. I always start in bigger pots. Currently have three between a day and a week going now in three gallons. If you gave yours the amount of water I give mine they would drown. If you don’t have any luck this go in the smaller pots and want to try something new in the future I’d be happy to link you over to my journal and walk you through how I treat seedlings in bigger pots.

2 Likes

@Eagles009
Sure, link me to your journal. I could use all the pointers.

1 Like

Your mix looks good.
Sorry for the delay in on time off till Friday.

As always tag me if you need me, just trying to check my 99 notifications and get back to everyone so short and sweet reply’s today.

2 Likes

Hlg @dbrn32 will gladly recommend the best lights for you.

1 Like

Update:

18 hrs in and I noticed a little growth. I misted the flowers with 3 squirts from my water bottle and misted the dome as well. I also added the piece of wood back under the tray to make sure they’re getting enough light. It still seems like something isn’t right and that they should look better. What am I doing wrong? What could I be doing better?

1 Like

Kinda hard to see what’s going on. Looks like a helmet on at least one. I would carefully remove that with tweezers after spraying it and letting it sit for a few minutes. Can you take some photos with just flash or natural light?

1 Like

@Eagles009

Update : 10:42am 11-27-20

3 days in since planting and something doesn’t seem right. I just feel they aren’t has healthy as should be, well at least for 2 of the. They are on 18/6 light schedule with 600W Led. I have clip on fan and a heater and a humidifier going. I water them every morning around 9 or 10am with a few squirts from the water bottle. I don’t have the exhaust fan going, could that be the problem? I still have them domed with clear cup. Should I just be patient?

2 Likes

@Eagles009
@Ironman26
@Deepsix
@Nicky

1 Like

Go ahead and pop those seed husks, helmets, whatever you want to call em off those poor girls. I get mine off day one when they are half erect. Spray them, wait ten minutes, and use tweezers to remove. Don’t grab and yank. Use it like a reverse vice and pry em open / pop em off. Doesn’t take much force at all just be careful.

The one where it’s barely hanging on are the leaves free to open. Or is the skin thing still attached and preventing?

5 Likes

Like @Eagles009 said

3 Likes

I’ll try to remove with the tweezers tomorrow morning. I just figured they’d be a little bigger than what the are. Hopefully tomorrow when I go to refill the humidifier I’ll see a change. Thanks guys!

1 Like

The only time I ever left a helmet on as long as yours have been it stunted my plant and I eventually culled it. I’d do it right nowish.

That’s a long time to have those leaves stuck in there

5 Likes

The one that is open looks good for three days! She will pick up steam day 6-7 then really take off at two weeks…roughly. I would expect a delayed timeline on the two that are still stuck together.

1 Like