I am waiting opinions😁

What do you think about this ligh for one plant, veg+flower light?
Budget light🤗
a.aliexpress dot com/_mPHvj9a
Thank you!

Seems scam(ish) to me. You can’t buy a “650w” light for $36. If they will lie about that, then who knows what else they might be dishonest about. They claim it is built with LM281B diodes, which is old technology. It seems to be a 65 (true) watt light, which is okay for seedlings, but not much beyond that. Suggest staying away from any light built with veg and bloom switches.

I would find a quality light built with Samsung LM301 series diodes.

4 Likes

This is a joke , right , right?

I think you need about 100W (input) per plant.

The term budget light is talking about 150.00 min. No light under that cost will grow weed. Big bright lights arent a want, they are a need. 150.00 dollar light will only do a single plant, and it wont do it well.

1 Like

Product Name: Samsung LM281B Quantum LED Grow Light
Luminous Efficiency 650W; Actual Power 65W
With only 65 watts of actual power this light is adequate to grow seedlings up to early vegetative stage. 2X this light, minimum, is needed to produce flowers.

4 Likes

Yah i agree dont fall for the $30 600watt light you can get a budget light for around $250 i have a ppap led quantum board light it cost me $240 and its a true 280watt light and i have grown some monster autos with it

3 Likes

Stick with a good name brand if you want a decent yield imho

1 Like

Sorry if bother someone with my questions but I really don’t understand light capitol, too many terms, ppf, par, ppfd😂. Where can i learn about?
And those expensive why doesn’t have UV LED’S? UV is neccesary or not?
Cand you give me some examples from Amazon between 200-350$(flower+bloom)
It s my first grow and i dont want to spent too much Money untill I understand how to deal with light :grin:
Thank you all for your patience and sorry for my english! :heart:

1 Like

First of all, what size of a grow space do you need to light?
How many plants do you want to grow at a time?
Then we can help match a decent light.

2x2, two plants

2 Likes

Maybe this.
Others may have recommendations too.
https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Farmer-Dimmable-MeanWell-Spectrum/dp/B07TS82HWB??tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

Another option would be the HLG 135 V-2 R spec. Veg a 3x3 space an flower a 2x2 space about 170 bucks. HAPPY Growing !

1 Like

Nope. Won’t work.

@Docnraq @beardless @MidwestGuy

1 Like

So for a 2x2 with your budget id go HLG as @kellydans suggested or ACinfinity. Ive always wanted to use my marshydro fc3000 in a 2.3x2.3 it would be pretty warm in that tent though. Biggest thing to look for no matter what company is samsung lm301b/h diodes and a meanwell driver or better.

2 Likes

The H LG 260 V-2 R spec would also rock the tent . For a little more money but down the road when you use a bigger tent you would be ahead of the game only need to pair up with second light. Welcome to the community :v:
@AleX23

1 Like

Someone in another thread was asking about lights for a 2x2
My first choice is HLG 150 Patriot. It is one of the more $$ options but HLG is the best for customer service.
@kellydans I love my 260’s but they are just under 24"
Other options:
ViparSpectra XS1500 - 150w Samsung 301b diodes - for the $$ difference I’ d go HLG
Another mentioned ins Spider Farmer SF1000 - I think it is underpowered for a 2x2 with only 100 watts.
Mars Hydro TS1000 - 150w BridgeLux diodes

2 Likes

That’s a good point @beardless With a negative presure effect inside the tent you probably end up with 22" or less.

2 Likes

@kellydans What do you mean with “negative pressure effect”?

1 Like