Hungry or normal

First timer here just wondering if I need more nutrients or is the yellowing perfectly normal. Thinking of cutting in 3-4 weeks still mostly clear went into flower late august

6 Likes

Plant looks to be in early flowering stage. pick up the feed a little bit looks hungry. You can follow up by checking the run off PPM to verify. Very nice big plant good luck. :+1: :v:

4 Likes

This is critical in my opinion (an many others). If you don’t have a way to monitor the numbers you’re just winging it. Now that don’t mean you won’t or can’t have an awesome plant, I just don’t think you’re going to be very accurate in giving what she can actually handle or wants to have. Do you monitor what you’re feeding with a TDS mete? What type of nutes are you using?

3 Likes

Agree with @kellydans and @HeyJB. When I get fading on leaves a third of the way up from the medium I chalk this up to normal fade with maturity. When I see yellowing in the middle or upper it often is a nutrient deficiency and seeing as she is overall healthy I wouldn’t assume a lockout of nutrient absorption just hungry. Nitrogen is needed through the whole grow just less in flower with a needed boost in potassium and phosphorus. I can’t stress enough the need to know what lies in the root zone and this is tested with a TDS pen from run off or a slurry test. When I 1st started I tested input PH and PPMS and the run off each feeding or watering. Overtime it’ll become 2nd nature through repetition and visual health checks :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

It’s a 50 gallon pot so hard to collect run off to get my ppm. I’m running Terp tea and it’s about 6-800 ppm going in

It’s a 50 gallon pot so hard to collect run off to get my ppm. I’m running Terp tea and the ppm going in is anywhere between 6-800. Always ph of course everything seems happy just a bit of yellowing going on. I’ll start there and see if I can collect runoff next time I water

2 Likes

She’s hungry, terp tea isn’t providing enough nutrients :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Well, I just started a strong tea and top dressed hopefully that will boost the levels

2 Likes