Humidity in tent

Agreed! Outdoors it is always dry. Anymore we don’t get “winter” until late February-then we get hit with blizzard after blizzard until May. Ski resorts are struggling with nothing but mush right now.

Outside is dry year round here in the high plains desert. Indoors is dry except for the three months we run the swamp cooler and each year temps break record highs. Every year has been the hottest year on record for 10 years.

Water prices have doubled with the tiered approach to water prices to “promote conservation”.

I have room in the tent and Placed it in the tent a Vornado Humidity thing set it on automatic 55% And the RH in Tent is at 53% which is a heck of a lot better than 33% earlier today. I also smashed up some garlic cloves ,got the oil in them running and rubbed the plants down, put the garlic smashed in lids with a bit of oil and watched the fkying fungus gnats leaving and Tomorrow I believe all the eggs will be dead and all will be good in Tent Land.

2 Likes

So, I know having humidity too high increases risk of mold, mildew and such

What does humidity too low do? Inhibit growth??

I ask because mines been lower since winter came on here, and curious as to what effects I might expect as I’m not seeing any ill effects as of yet

I just feel them begging for moist air. Because outside grow very humid all grow ,she produced massive buds. So in a indoor grow we are trying to mimic outside grow. I have good airflow heat, hiumdity and fake sun ,water and food for them

1 Like

@MrPeat @JaneQP @LiesGrows @Bluntsmoke @McEasy ok here is the latest look at tent look at many times a day. I started another Mentos having problems with. I looked around the basement to see what clear cap thinga I could use to keep the bean cilmate moist and humid. Eukrea! Found a glass Christmas tree candy thing fits right over the red solo cup and adds a festive mood to the tent while the girls are LST’ed and all is well 12/12 good day to all

5 Likes

I use empty Lipton Tea 32oz jugs. I have two versions of the clear domes. One is small aka the bottom and then 2/3 of the rest makes big ones.

Worth using IMHO. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

My humidity is always high.

Can’t like that :point_up_2:

Possibly a bit slower growth and increased transpiration, goes thru more water basically.

I’ll take low humidity growing over the dangers of high humidity growing any day, will never lose a crop because of low humidity but can easily lose the crop with too high humidity (bud rot, WPM).

I grew for 25 years in low humidity (under 30RH most of the time) without any problems.

Marijuana grows mostly in arid climates so they’ll be fine in low humidity, not like they are used to growing in swamps.

6 Likes

Well that’s a relief

1 Like

Ok so if I am at 45% to 50% RH All should be OK @MrPeat @Mr_Wormwood @kellydans @JaneQP I just figured out that the Vivosun Timer may have malfunctioned about a month ago and killed the older plants due to overheating. So I had been checking and found out the lights and everything never shut off. So today new/old timer better old simpler even a 65 year old can figure it out.

4 Likes

I still use old school ones! Hate things that don’t have buttons or knobs🤣

2 Likes

I have an old school one
I can’t stand it
Because I can’t understand it
:joy:

2 Likes

Hopefully you are old enough to drive a stick shift and read cursive!

2 Likes

Or to have rolled a joint on an actual album cover!!

1 Like

Oh yeah, all of these things, but that damn timer confounds me

2 Likes

Yes , under 50% you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Ding Ding @JaneQP I can say Yes to all three but as @Mr_Wormwood says that Timer confounds me and I read the instrutions and sat down there with my phone watched Videos and did all that it said and still my brain is going “Does Not Compute!” Not Enough Data" Heck I can build a engine and it will run ,I can build a PC have done two Named one Frankenstein. But give me a little timer and I am lost.But now the big Question Roll a joint or a bunch of them in a the back of a Ford Ecocline Van driving up to Milwaukee County Stadium while your friends sifting gears all up on White crosses driving like idiots as three of us in the back roll joints on Album covers to see CSN&Y and yes the Beach Boys also and we sat there 10 feet away from the Milwaukee cops passing joints between us all and they just waved at us and smiled.1973 but no one wrote notes in cursive HAHA TOO Stoned

2 Likes

@spudeater65 I quit trieng to hit optimal rh myself. I just learned what they like where i can getem. 65 is pushing it in clone tent so i live with 45-60. Winter coming. Gonna drop to no more than 40. Just slows them down. More water.

2 Likes