Humidity in tent

My tent has been too dry33%to37% RH not good i dug out one of our humid machines. Set on low @60% hoping it changes the moisture RH. What should the RH BE at temps are74-79.

1 Like

@spudeater65 Depends on if you are flowering or not.

I don’t know if this is what you need but I found it and thought it might help

Lol it might be useless
I couldn’t get high this morning so I feel like I’m off kilter

1 Like

Veg should be between 50rh-70rh flower should be between 50rh-60rh 8d personally never allow it to drop under 50%

1 Like

Ooo that’s not great for me, since winter has hit my area, my tent has been in the 30s and 40s rh in my tent

1 Like

@Mr_Wormwood @LiesGrows @MrPeat This is a hassle I have been struggling with since I put Tent up. RH up,down now I sit smoking one i rolled and watching the RH go up. From 34% to 44% now its l ike paint drying.The girls are in 7-9 weeks veg. But slow grow moisture I think is low makes them slow. Later I must make garlic&oil paste for fungus gnats.

2 Likes

No flowering a ways off.

I have mine in basement steady 66-68 with 45% rh. But the tent is it’s own climate

1 Like

That sucks

I had no problem during summer but it’s not doing great on RH now

Ima have to set up humidifier I guess

3 Likes

What issues are you having? All I worry about is too hot, too cold and too humid. I’ve grown with no issues in low humidity

1 Like

Yes the chores we create. Now i will be checking the water now in the humid machine. Oh well I am down here2-3 x a day. Wife calls it my man cave, well I have a fridge a place to pee, eat things and drink and smoke,listen to radio, and get a tan. Ok maybe a man cave She has come down here to see the girls but …

1 Like

I run a ink bird humidity controller with a humidifier and dehumidifier hooked up
RH in veg high 50’s
In flower low 50’s and dialing it down late in flower
Happy growing :sunglasses::metal:t3:

2 Likes

A humidifier in the winter months for me is a absolute need my house rh is in the teens to high 20% so I run a humidifier that has a controler so I can set it to what ever rh I want you can also hand damp towels in the tents and that almost always works well just can’t control how much humidity is in the air with this method

1 Like

I treid towels no go. They just dried up fast. We have one of those Vornanos humidity machices blows cool moist air

1 Like

Plants will be fine , Lot of basement growers. :+1: Good luck

3 Likes

It seems that when RH is low like I have33-37% the plants are slow and sugglish. When 50% to 60% RH they react better to food and groww faster.

2 Likes

Either put the humidifier in the tent or rite outside of it by a open port so that the tent can get access to the fresh humid air coming in the tent

I just checked the basement 88F and 25%. I upped the draw on the exhaust and reset the towels - they dry out in about 12 hours! Headed out today to find a humidifier to put near the intake vent.

It’s a bear trying to keep things on an even keel nine months of the year here.

4 Likes

This grow (my 2nd) is completely opposite from the grow I did back in the late spring/summer as far as temps and humidity go. What was a struggle to keep temps and rh down is now a struggle to keep them high enough. I have a small 1 gallon humidifier that I put it my tent on its lowest setting. 1 hour later I had water dripping off of the ceiling and lights, so that didn’t work. I set it beside an open port with a fan lightly blowing the vapor inside of the tent. Almost 4 weeks flowering now, and I hope they can continue to thrive on rh between 40% & 45% because that’s all I can get.

I find it amazing how we all have different environment factors. Here we get low temps high humidity in the winter (fog) and high temps low humidity in the summer (desert). Spring and fall are optimal but only last about a month apiece.

1 Like