How to fix? Small rust spots? Deficiency?

Ok makes sense. I want to try hydro someday but it’s way above my skill level rn.

I think mine out started because I had no idea what I was doing with the new leds I upgraded to. I had them at 100 percent like 8 inches from the plants. Prob 1200 ppfd lol Lesson learned.

Oh I know me to! Lol best investment ever is a light meter you can really stretch out your yields. Also do hydro it’s so much better I’ve done all three and even side by side my hydro plants were 30% bigger n thc was so much higher. Hydro sounds scary but it’s easy just make sure u got beneficial bacteria in the water and monitor ph. It’s cheap af to. Especially if u have free ro water. I do Nute changes every 7 days u can do ten tho. The good and bad about hydro is the nutes hit quick so fixing deficiency’s is quick af but burning is also. I highly suggest. I use advanced nutrients even tho it’s watered down and expensive because the ph barely needs correcting if u do hydro u understand the relief

Also here’s a pic I found on YouTube this is soil on left coco in middle and hydro right. Side by side comparison

1 Like

I think I’ve seen that comparison before. Someday I might mess around with Hydro. For me there’s just a lot more going on with that style of growing. like more labor and more things to control. I think if I had the right location I would try it. I’ve had buddies try it and seen the flooded out rooms from plumbing malfunctions. I’ve walked into rooms where a heater and a reservoir went bad and the entire grow was shot. For me so I was just way easier and more forgiving. I’m fascinated hydro and those who can do it. Especially at large scale. The science and control aspect is interesting. I think for me, I like to tinker and I feel like I would be messing with things too much and I would end up with burnt up plants lol. With soil that I use I know I don’t need to do anything which can make growing a bit boring especially when you don’t need to do any plant training anymore. Not having to mix up nutrients and test for pH and all that stuff kind of take some of the fun out of it I guess but the set it and forget it is what I like. I would agree though if you really know what you’re doing with Hydro because you have 100% control you can produce some pretty amazing product. Definitely bigger plants

2 Likes

Yea your right about labor lol. But I don’t deal with none of that bs I wanted to make connected buckets but with each strain needing different Nute levels I just have single buckets with air stones. Actually this grow I started a super lemon haze with the others and they were insanely stunted because of nutes. I’ve never had a strain so sensitive. So I’m glad I never did that. Also my gsc crave way more cal mag and nitrogen and we’re showing deficiencies even before flower while my others were good. If I had a whole connected system I’d have the worst yields ever super lemon haze would have to much gsc would not get enough and triple xl would be just right lol. All I do is change water weekly and check ph which is a lot of work mixing each bucket. Easy set up just with air stones it’s nice cuz I can move em anywhere dump em easy it’s so cheap and simple with the best results

This is the system and the blue one is for seedlings just a storage bin with holes big enough for aerogarden baskets and a few air stones

1 Like

That Makes total sense. Growing multiple strains at once is challenging. The Girl Scout cookies and the gorilla glue that I’m running in the same room right now are doing fine the only problem was the Girl Scout cookies stretched like 3 feet and the gorilla glue stayed pretty short. It threw me off because when I read the description on ilgm I understood that the gorilla glue’s would be the taller plants and that’s why I planted them along the back wall. These things did exactly the opposite ha ha

Omg man the Girl Scout cookies next to my triple xl all we’re small n I was so disappointed but they stretched like crazy!!! At least for mine that I got from blimburnseeds they are real slow but two three weeks before flower they just exploded. They are extremely bushy to like an indica. It’s kinda weird they have huge length between node and normally from my experience they don’t bush out as much but these damn sure did. Very tall to. Never grown gorilla glue only gorilla purple from blimburn it’s purple punch x gorilla glue 4. Amazing buds high thc amazing smells pretty good yield