How to fix? Small rust spots? Deficiency?

I have grown for prob 10-12 yrs and 10 of them I mostly tortured the plants. I have learned more in the past 2 yrs than I did the other 10 combined. I have done everything wrong you can imagine. I’m sure I’ll make more mistakes too lol. I learned I need at least 2 layers of trellis with the genetics I currently have. Just had a big cola snap off. Is still attached and alive 3 days later lol

1 Like

Heck… 10 years is nothing when you’re almost 60 LOL!!! I mean me…

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I tried and outdoor plant once. That thing was huge. I had a hard time with pest pressure and 100 degree days. Not easy outdoor. I think I had bad genetics or a strain that didn’t like heat. It was prob 8 ft tall. The main cola was huge. It hermied on me and was full of seed. I think my first 8 attempts all produced Herms. My current grow one of 6 hermied. This has me stumped atm. Have grown always from seed. I do want to monocrop a good pheno that I can clone one of these days. I need more than one grow space to do that. That will be my next upgrade. Happy growing.

2 Likes

I’m 44. That’s so awesome. I hope to growing till the day I die. You rock!!

1 Like

I have a love/hate relationship with outdoors. It was my second time outdoors last year and I had caterpillars, mites, and aphids… sometimes all at once Took many colas down too soon or waste them to bud rot. Here’s one of my plants… I had a lot of plants in an enclosed garden all about 8-10 feet tall… 11 pounds of buds, dried and cured bud.

Kushman’s Grape Ape

Chocolate Thai

I live in NorCal and we get triple digits for at least 40 to 100 days each summer and where my garden is, the wind blows straight up the canyon so had to tie them all the the fence and I learned that fabric pots don’t work so well outdoors as they dry out much faster.

5 Likes

Yea trellis helps for sure! That’s why I tie to main cola n u see all those white strings lol. Using clay pebbles roots em good! Last grow I did trellis but huge 8x6x4 I can’t need walking room lol. Omg ur telling me about torture when I was growing around 2007 there was no information available and using hps lights I didn’t know shit! I used aerogarden nutrients no extra nutes in flower no lst or lollipopping yields were never amazing :joy: Hps lights can burn like a mofo

1 Like

Man outdoor for some reason I never have problems only indoor :joy: which makes no sense. I’ve gotten pest resistant strains never to much a problem but caterpillars late flower. I veg mine for 5-6 months n make monsters! Suprise mine never hermied from stress or age. Only one seed I found.

My gosh look at those colas! Caterpillars are at least easy to deal with unlike others!

2 Likes

I think I always had bad genetics and bad luck. It sure would be nice to not have the electric bills. My 4x8 room really adds to my electric bill. Lights, fogger, heater and fans are not cheap to run these days.

1 Like

My outdoor lemon diesel 9ft 1inch to bad sativas don’t get super fat buds still got 1lb n a half

4 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

I don’t know about that one. The BT spray works but not instantly… they have to ingest it then it takes a few days… by then the damage is done and they always go after the biggest and best of your colas. I’ve seen people lose their entire crop to the little buggers… mites, aphids, and such are a continuous battle but they don’t destroy the bud like pillers do. Some you don’t even find until after you chip. I was holding a huge bunch of stems/colas and I saw4 of them and pulled them off but when I did the bud wash I hsaw about half dozen more come out, then even after drying, I still found a few inside the buds where the outer damage wasn’t obvious. Give me mites and aphids any day… I can knock most of those off with plain old water, then attached the rest with PureCrop1.

Amen, grow brother! We have the 2nd highest electricity rate in the nation! Neighbor downhill said their bill was $1200 last month and he doesn’t grow, and has solar! We use our wood stove mainly for heat but in the summer (without growing) can get up to $7-800 and we don’t keep it very cool… mainly try to cool house off in the morning, shut everything dark and tight then turn it on just before we go to bed, bring the temp down, then back off.

1 Like

Here’s just one pic of one of my sativas. Colas were super chunky…

the only sativa I didn’t like that gave me fluffy buds was my Mango Mintality

4 Likes

This was a bud from my outdoor run. I still have a pound of it. Def not my favorite smoke. I have given most of it away lol. She was fun to grow though and most importantly I learned a few things on that one.

3 Likes

I guess I got lucky but I also would go out and kill ‘em lol twice a day! They definitely damage buds they ate the crap out mine to them core and pretty sure laid eggs. I guess I didn’t have many. I just clipped of a branch n kept killing ‘‘em lol. But it was also the big 9ft one so I wasn’t to upset. If it was an auto I’d be pissed lol. N dang I wish my buds were that big! N I didn’t mean all are small they just tend to be thinner normally from my experience. The pic was week 4 so they definitely bulked up not a crazy amount tho. Lemon diesel in my experience don’t get super fat

1 Like

The learning and mistakes are key! So I think my problem was not flushing the auto flower I originally asked about I’m flushing n I guess we’ll see if I’m right lol

1 Like

Flushing? Are you growing in soil, coco or Hydro?

Hydroponics the bucket lid system sometimes u can get Nute lockout from build up of salts or build up of nutrients and they bind not allowing ur plant to uptake just in case this is what’s goin on I’ll do it real quick n back to regular nutrients

I’ve had a Nute lockout before that looked very similar but it was from to much light. I tried an experiment. I was tryn to see if I left the small larfy buds on the lower parts of the plant and not lollipop it and give it a light for the bottom of the buds would they look like colas. Or at least end up bigger, denser, and mature……well it didn’t work and I ended up the same larfy bullshit and with Nute lockout :joy:

1 Like