How many LED's do I need

Using a 24x48 grow tent, would 2 300w full spectrum led be enough for 2-3 plants at a time?

2 Likes

what lights are you looking at? Can you link some data? I have a 180W from the wall in a 4x4 for veg 3500K with a DIY fixture and it does ok but I would add a second one for flowering.

2 Likes

General rule for Led’s is 25-50watts (actual draw from the wall) per square foot.

3 Likes

spectrum is important too not just wattage. @dbrn32 is our light guru

3 Likes

I think they would grow plants. But as the others posted we’d really need more info to tell you how good of a setup it would be.

I try not to use watts per square foot as a measure often. It’s just too much of a generalized statement. Around 25 watts per square foot of really good leds can put you at ideal par levels. If you’re buying $100 panels from amazon it would be more like 50 watts per square foot. And you’d want to base that off what the panels actually consume in energy, not the model number associated with it or what they try to tell you it’s equivalent to.

3 Likes

I have two of these… Thanks
https://www.amazon.com/Roleadro-Galaxyhydro-Indoor-Lights-Spectrum/dp/B00PH1MQV8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540053236&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=roleadro+300w+led+grow+light&psc=1

Based on the info they provided, I’d say like 3-4 of them to fill a 2x4 with dense nugs. 2 will work, but you’re not going to get the density and production you’d get otherwise.

Wow I’m surprised, with the two on it looks really bright.

I guess depends on what you consider bright. This chart shows that it has what would be considered ideal veg intensity for about a 12”x12” area at 18” height.

1 Like

Guess I didn’t realize how much light it takes, thanks for info

1 Like

No problem. Like I said earlier, you can still grow some quality bud. So give it a grow or two and see how you do compared to your goals. They may be plenty for what you’re trying to do.

3 Likes

Looks can be deceiving @Ilikeit.

The light from Amazon on the right is 100 more watts than the DIY light on the left. The plants are doing better under the diy light.

2 Likes