How do I know if it is harvest time?

I have trich pics through loupe @30x. But newbie and don’t know what to look for and how to tell if they are ready to cut…

1 Like

Could you post a pic of the whole plant. Perhaps one of a cola from the side.

1 Like

If you put up one picture in the post it will allow us to ‘superzoom’. Whole plant pictures and a representative cola as @Spiney_norman pointed out.

1 Like

1 Like

The first 2 pics were of top cola on both plants

1 Like

If you put a single picture in the post instead of multiple pictures it will allow us to superzoom. Use a closeup of the flower.

Plant has a long way to go.

What is a long way? It is 40 degrees at night here and getting colder…They are in the ground so I can’t move them unless I cut down, transplant from ground would kill them.

1 Like

1 Like

On a computer you can right click the photo and choose “open in a New Tab”
You can zoom it there.
But single pics are easier to zoom.

No this is far away for ready to cut. How many days in flowering?

More data captured on the single so zooming is much clearer.

You have a mix of clear and cloudy trichomes and the flower is still throwing pistils. You have 2 or 3 weeks to go but ambient conditions might force you to harvest early. Being outside trumps looking at trichomes. Harvest when the weather looks to turn bad.

2 Likes

I’d say you got a few more weeks to go looks great though you beat me to it we mush have been typing the same time @Myfriendis410 you have great help here with these fine people @Weedlvr0321

1 Like

So it would seem that harvest will be determined by the first night you cant protect them from a killing frost/freeze. You would be better to cut it early than lose it to frostbite which will render it unusable.
Timing just is not on your side.

1 Like

You’ll beat me next time haha.

1 Like

Not sure…maybe 6-8 weeks. New to this…plunked seeds in garden and crossed fingers…lol didn’t know I had to watch all these changes…

They will take frost pretty well as long as it’s not like a three day stretch of a freeze as long as they have time to thaw a little say hits the 30s for a few hours and then back up in the 50s during the day they will take that and it will also help the development and make it finish faster because of the cold it won’t take three days straight of freezing cold. It will but they don’t like it

2 Likes

I know now bcuz of all the helpful people here. I plunked the seed right in dirt…no germ time mid june…I know now to plant outdoor seed earlier…recommendations for grow start date in new england

1 Like

There’s a whole bunch of growers in the Northeast. A lot of em start in February or March indoors then move out around Memorial Day. That gets a jump on the plant and you can grow some monsters.

Looking at Boston forecast I do not see anything freezing for the next ten days. Lets hope.