Horticulture Lighting Group

Here is total flux for hlg-600 kit

Here is total flux for gavita pro de at 1150watts

As you can probably see, it takes 3 hlg-600 kits to get total flux of 2 gavita at 1150 watts. So however that works out into your plans?

2 Likes

HI @dbrn32, Iā€™ve pulled the trigger on 4/20 and bought 2 of the diy kits from HLG( 260 v2 not-xl ). My grow space is a closet ( 2 ft. X 6 X 7 tall). My old system is a 400 hps from 2002, so it was time for a much-needed upgrade! My question is : did I order 1 too many kits for my space? Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

yes i seen this i guess though i somewhat understand it on the fly what i was seeking is well 6 600 hlg vs 4 gavita is a somewhat equal comparison therefor is that really worth it in that scenario? and at the same time i was under the insinuation that 4 could do the job as well and i mean that complimenting the 4 with the 550 v2 @dbrn32

1 Like

Nah, youā€™ll be in good shape. Maybe little more light than you need, but one kit would have struggled a lot.

4 Likes

You are the best, @dbrn32! Thanks for the quick reply.

2 Likes

Both of test reports done by the same third party and the total radiometric output is what it is. You maybe gain a little by having better coverage.

I did 8 260xl kits in a 10x10 and crazyots seemed very happy with it. But he never ran deā€™s in either. That being said, two 260xl kits is superior to 1 hlg-600 kit in my opinion.

2 Likes

i dont know what crazyots meant. but honestly i will take ya advice on the 8 260 bc you have seen it done and it worked. at the same token just for info and knowledge the 550 v2 would be four the 600 roughly 6 and 8 of the 260 is in a sense the same principle correct i mean not down to the exact science @dbrn32

Crazyots was a member here. I would tag him, unfortunately heā€™s no longer with us.

The hlg-550 runs 288 boards at the same current as the 260 xl kit. The difference is 4 boards vs 2 boards, and the size of the heatsinks. Obviously you can get into the 260 kits cheaper than an hlg-550. The 600 kit is pretty much same thing, just runs boards at little higher current.

1 Like

ledgrowlightsdepot has the 2 pack 288s V2 going for $138

1 Like

again thanks for all the help it is a bit different when you want to go from hps to led @dbrn32 i see the logic and principle a bit better now. it would be suitable to go led nd efficient yes. so suppose that you want to light you tent per watt per sq ft what would that total be and how do you do that i don t mean how literally as it is simple i mean with the conversion from hps to led being that a 600w hps and a 600w led are totally different in output or whatever if shown i can do it myself but i dont knwo how to sayto to 65w per sq ft

1 Like

You need photon efficacy of light. That is ppf per watt per second. Efficacy x power = total flux. Then divide that over area in mĀ², that will give you ppfd average.

absolutely not as easy compared to hps or hid that i dont think i can do lol but thanks. another scared off of the led train i guess i saved a bunch of money switching to geico bc now i dont want to do it and i cant say thanks i had the intent to crush it in flower by converting to led but i kno you keeping it real but i see the confusion in all of this at least from my perspective. would the 8 260 even crack the 60-65w per sq ft? that i am curious of. i dont know the exact math but i do know that i i were to go with the hlg 600 or even the 550 that i would be in that area just running 4 of them is about where i was droped off?..lol

You donā€™t need to gave a vast knowledge of lights to multiply 260 x 8 and divide by 100. Are you trolling me? Lol

2 Likes

not trolling you i wouldnt do that i only ask what i dot know and i got the number long ago just not fluent in what it means bc 20.8 is very low whaat does it mean

It doesnā€™t really mean anything. How much energy you use lighting the floor space of your grow area.

1 Like

good i gathered that much i dont wnat to pick ya brain to much longer but what hlg lighting would be enough to kill it in a 10x10 for flowering only thats what i want to go with and dont know it is that simple im sorry for all the confusion @dbrn32

You want to hit a total ppf of about 7500 umols per second. All of the specs are listed on hlg page. It doesnā€™t really matter which kits you use to get there.

well thank you brother may i ask why exactly 75oo @dbrn32

I said about 7500 lol. The difference between 7300 or 7700 in a room that big isnā€™t much. Thatā€™s required amount of light to hit high end of DLI in that space.

1 Like