Horticulture Lighting Group

https://www.amazon.com/Horticulture-Lighting-Group/b/ref=bl_dp_s_mw_18674157011?ie=UTF8&node=18674157011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Horticulture+Lighting+Group

Will this light work for a 5x5x6.5 grow tent
Hlg 550 4000k

I’ll tag @dbrn32 - he’s the lighting guru :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks you @Sirsmokesalot

The 4000k would be good for grow/veg but may not be adequate for flower. You would want the 3000K fixture. And may be a bit undersized for a 5x5. You could build your own for half the price. Not difficult

SPECIFICATIONS

Power 240-480 Watts
Voltage Range 90-277 VAC
LED 1152 pcs Samsung 301B
Flowering Footprint 4.5’ x 4.5’ or 4’ x 5’ at 24’
Veg Footprint 6’ x 6’ at 36”
System Efficiency 171 Lm/W
System PPF Efficacy 2.5 μmol/joule
Total output 1178.05 PPF
Dimensions 26"X20"x3"
Recommended Mounting Height 22-32 inches above canopy
3 Likes

It’s a little small for flowering 5x5, would be much better light in something like a 4x4. I agree about 4000k too, I’d rather see you get something a little bigger in 3000k-3500k.

3 Likes

Thank you for your advice @dbrn32 and @WickedAle ickedAle. I will go to their web sight and find everything I need to build the light I need

3 Likes

2 x QB288’s can be driven with 1x HLG240H-C2100A ($57). The 288V1’s (3500K) are on sale w/ heatsink for $66/board. ~$200/pair setup.You can get the drivers from onlineMeanwell. You can obtain Alluminum L Bracket from Lowe’s or HD for frame.

2 Likes

I use one 320xl kit for my 2.5x5 tent. I bet 2 of those kits would work wonderfully for your space.

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice @blackthumbbetty @WickedAle @dbrn32 @Sirsmokesalot I have decided to go with HLG 600 H V2 KIT for now I think I could add on more in the future maybe

1 Like

@dbrn32,
have u tried, or seen anyone here, flowering under 4000k QB.?

the longer i use mine beside a 3000k the more i think it might be the better light even in flower…???
their spectrum chart makes it look superior also, close to CMH…???

i m letting 4 tiny plants finish under the 4000k side of the bloom room to see if there is any improvement over their usual trip across the ‘room’ from 4k-3k.!
this is not a definitive test for the 4k because it is beside the 3k, but i still wanna see.!

2 Likes

There are people that do, and I know there are members here with 4000k QB’s. But I’m not sure anyone is flowering with one… @Familyman?

They’re not as close to cmh spectrum an quick glance may imply. Nothing below about 415-420nm and next to nothing above 680nm. Cmh is quite a bit wider. 4000k qb is pretty much same bands as every other qb cct, just has quite a bit more intensity in blue and green wavelengths than 3000k. No reason why it wouldn’t grow weed, it’s just not as close to textbook conditions as 3000k.

2 Likes

I use my 4000k strictly for veg and maybe early flower as in the first 2 weeks. After that I do my best to get them under the 3500k or 3000k best case. Wasn’t too sure about the 3500 but they are doing the job well so far.

3 Likes

It seems at the moment they have both the 135W QB V1 LED KIT at 4K and the 135W QB V2 LED KIT at 3K and 4K in stock. Is the V2 3K the best bet if I’m looking for an all-in-one seed to harvest light solution?

Looks like HLG sold out totally of the 288V1 (3500K) in the board only section also. Probably gone for good.

Just starting but Im very happy with the light @dbrn32 helped me build. I read enough about this to know not to scimp on the light. Ive learned alot on here.

4 Likes

Just an update I have received my lighting from HGL and I must say I’m blown away by these. For a little extra money they built and tested for me . I’ve had them for 4 days and I can tell a big difference between these and my other LEDs. I wish I would have started with these instead of ordering all these other LEDs. I waisted so much money. I’m glad I became a member of this forum a big shout out to everyone for the help

7 Likes

@Tammie there was no doubt to me to start with these after @dbrn32 helped me with the parts. I watched @MattyBear crush it with his qb build. It just seemed to me that lights are your foundation.

5 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

hey there guys i am going led no question and i think that i am going to go wth hlg i dont think i need much help with the set up as i want to run a 10x10 tent and have the blueprints for the tent if anyone would like to see them i am open to posting them thanks i know i will need it is a bit confusing bc the ones that i like are the hgl 550 v2 and the 600w qb288 as well and the 550 v1 so i ask do i need these i was looking at 4 of them or is that doing to much the idea is to replace the gavita 1000w but i dont want to replace them i want to add intensity to the tent while being efficient if this isnt too complicated lol so which of these will i need to bee efficient thanks @dbrn32 @WickedAle @MattyBear

1 Like

Not too complicated at all… especially for @dbrn32 :wink:

2 Likes