HLG UVA supplement light bars

can’t hurt, I did the same thing, started with an hour. And worked up to as high as 3hr per day.

2 Likes

The method 7 glasses are very nice for working under the hlg lights doesn’t hurt your eyes

1 Like

I run UVA for 12 hours a day in veg and flowering (more or less as I don’t do standard 12/12 in flowering).

These plants have been getting 12 hours of UVA a day since they sprouted with no issues. Outside plants get UVA from day 1, why not do the same for indoor plants?

10 Likes

I hooked mine up in a 4x4 flower room and ran 12 hours on plants that I just flipped. No issues at all.

3 Likes

Running mine at 12 as well no issues

3 Likes

Well, I’m bumping that timer up!

3 Likes

@STC_Cultivator . Hey neighbor. I was just rolling through this thread & was fixing to ask you if you’d seen the noticeable difference as hellraiser has. (Not that I was doubting his word)! Sounds like you’re happy & it’s in fact benefiting.

1 Like

Hey l, what’s up brosive!

I did notice a wild difference between the tent had the uv lights in compared to the tent the didnt.

Plants under the uv have been more oily, heavier trichomes and stronger noses. I don’t regret the purchase one bit.

This next grow will be a better test now that I have the environments locked. I’ll keep ya posted.

Happy growing

3 Likes

Heck yes please do. I’ll be watching.

1 Like

Partially out of boredom, partially out of experimental drive… I bought an additional uva30 to add to my 4x4 veg tent to go along with my hlg 300L Bspec.

@Hellraiser
It says to add adjacent to light you don’t attach it to, such as my 600 Rspec… Should I position across under the 300L or on a side? Does it matter?

Starting my first winter basement grow in great lakes region… I had been stopping over winter due to the cold basement… But excitement over acquiring BTY OG feminized seeds from the Clone Conservatory in San Diego and getting low on ilgm GSCE… Got me trying new things. BTY (better than yours) is a clone only strain… Have wanted more since a friends sold me a quarter oz a few years ago. Found seeds and said… Hmmmmm.

To all: have a happy new year!

2 Likes

I’d put it between the 600R and 300L so it’s parallel to the one on the 600R.

Happy new year!

I apologize… I have the 300L in a separate 4x4 tent with 4 plants. Should adjacent mean:

Across the middle of the 300, as there are no leds there?
Or?

1 Like

Across the middle would allow it be be more centered in the tent, would probably do that.

What were your hanging heights for seedlings while running hlg uv bar for 12 hours. Hellraiser

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

In veg my lights and UVA are about 28 - 30 inches above the seedlings. UVA should be at least 24" above plants and I like to run my lights a little higher so I can run them at higher watts to get the tent temperature where I want (about 78F).

3 Likes

Thank you for the welcoming and the information

1 Like

Are 2 UVA bars absolutely necessary for a 4x4? I have one connected between two 260xls.

One is fine, 1 HLG UVA30 will cover a 4x4 area.

2 Likes

Hey Bud been almost a year since you posted this but, I wanted to ask how you mounted 2 uva on that light. I have the R spec.

I run 2 uv bars on a scorpion diablo with a hlg50 high cri in my 4x4 with amazing results

2 Likes