HLG UVA supplement light bars

They look a lot like what happened on my one and only run with plastic pots. Just droopy in general. Mine were pretty well root bound.

How did they turn out? Did you do anything to help out? I drilled some holes in the pots. Who knows if that will do. I canā€™t really xplant from 3gal plastic to fabric, only option would be 5gal fab, but that would be really tight and even more work than I had time for. Learned my lesson for sure. But still would like to know of anything you found using them and what the result was.

Oh and Iā€™ve always enjoyed your name and icon, my uncles always watched Sherlock Holmes adventures

1 Like

I was fortunate, I only had a few plants going at that time. Once I figured out what the issue was I was able to transplant to fabric. Best bet is to do what youā€™re doing, drill away and make those buckets into air pots

OK, I drilled some more holes, watered more slowly and didnā€™t water quite as much to get runoff (I think I am OK on those vitals for now).

Will monitor overnight and see. If they look good tomorrow I am gonna prep things for the flip.

Debated doing 5 gals I just canā€™t spend that much time/water/etc. Ill go back to that next run when I have the strains I like.

Thanks @Watt-Sun et al for your input!

2 Likes

What is the coverage for one of the HLG UVA lights? Will one adequately cover a 4x4?

Yep, HLG says itā€™s good for up to 4x4 coverage. I over-do everything so I have 2 of them in a 3x3.

3 Likes

Feels more like a night club than a grow room with the UVA bars :man_dancing:

5 Likes

Looks like 3 turntables on the bottom there.

6 Likes

DJ @Watt-Sun in the house of the wheels ofā€¦ hydroponic media!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Which model HLG LIGHT is that!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the new hlg rave. Said to deter hermies and possibly give you a seizure.

7 Likes

It hurts my eyes looking at it.

3 Likes

@Audiofreak @BobbyDigital
Itā€™s a little heavy on the green spectrum :joy:

4 Likes

Do you run the UVA during the entire flowering?

I added the UVA and just passed my 2 week transition. Was going to wait another week and turn it on and run it until harvest on the same 12-12 schedule as lights. Just wondering how often/much other run it.

1 Like

I actually just installed these so I havenā€™t had any time to really feel them out . Iā€™m starting out using them for 3 hrs to begin with and will increase to 6hrs after a week. I plan to run them the full 12 hrs for all of flowering starting at light flip.

2 Likes

Hmmm, hadnā€™t even considered starting out less than 12 hours.

Thanks @Watt-Sun

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been running the uv light 2hrs daily during flower. I also use during seedling/early veg.

Iā€™ve read the uv can promote root growth as well.

Happy growing!

3 Likes

I figured Iā€™d ease them into the new addition of uv . Not sure if it makes a difference or If Iā€™m just making up my own Bro-Gro science LOL

3 Likes

I have two tents running, 4x8 has 600rspec x2 along with 2 uv lights. The 4x4 has just the 600rspec.

I tell you what, there is a huge diff with growth in the tents. Itā€™s incredible the diffā€¦

4 Likes