Here we GrOw Again (ILGM- Wedding Cake Autos)

You should look into building one, if it interests you. Im just using a storage bin, an 800gph water pump, some pvc, and some misters. Cycle timer for the pump too. Most expensive thing was the water chiller, hut i was able to find an evaporative one for about $300 on amazon. Has worked amazing for my 9-10 gallons of water so far.

I hear you on the water quality…i got hard water, but a whole house water softener, so salt is used. Im usually at the grocery store buying 12-14 gallons of ro a week lol

I love building stuff, which is why i went this route. Its not true aeroponics, as its a low pressure system, and i use the same bin for roots and nutes. Its more like a hybrid aero/dwc except i dont need aeration bc of the misting that kicks on for 1 min every 5 min. But the roots have about of foot of free oxygen between where they start and the water line. Has really accelerated growth imo

My new system that im building will have some upgrades too. I also bought a cheap $11 irrigation/mister kit off amazon. I dont know if this 1/4" tubing will be big enough, but if it is, ill have just made the system even cheaper in that regard lol also adding quick disconnects for the chiller tubing, and a float attached to an LED, instead a piece of tubing for water level monitoring. The tubing was exposed to light and started picking up algae. This new method will completely avoid that.

I could talk about this stuff for hours. If you’re interested in these types of systems tho, i say experiment with cheap stuff and have fun!

1 Like

I have limited myself to this 22x22 for my personal grow space (Linen Closet) and it is doing fine. I would love to throw some PVC together myself and bubble up some hydro or attempt it anyway.

I have a very small house and even though I don’t have company very often, I was paranoid about tent tent for some reason and I jetted it.

I am down here hanging out with the rednecks, so you know we are not weed friendly. I might just be one myself but I darn sure love smoking the buds :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Haha yea tents are kinda obvious once you see them. I feel that though…i moved from philly to sparse suburbs and i feel like im surrounded by people that might not be cool with it…waiting for pa to go legal, which will happen with ny, delaware, nj all doing it…we will eventually get there.

Get appropriate size charcoal filter for your tent. I personally change mine every 6 months (Infinity 4" for me). I asked the forum and some old pros chimed in and stated they go a year in between changes.

I am too close to others / the enemy, also. It is better safe than getting your door kicked in around here. I filter up in my attic, but is is windy as windy can be around here. I got good air flow. My exhaust terminates near the ladder easy to be whiffed checked, and I did BTW on back to back Grows (5 Months continuous) earlier this year.

This box is my drying box also so i am cutting this things down on a average of 3. Since they all WC I hope they amber up around the same time. They are my darling Triplets BTW. I hit that…it smells like hay and was freaking out but, all was well in the end. I hit the first one right and the second batch I had a bit of chems in them so it was not a failure. It was a I learned a valuable lesson. This Grow I plan on doing right. I just have to keep focused on the moment.

2 Likes

Definitely man. Got a 4" in the 4x2, but right now thats my edible making tent. Got a toaster oven, crockpot, and induction burner, so i can cook without smell lol. 6" for my 4x4. Doing ok, but the 4" is better quality. The 6" moves crazy air though.

Had the same issue with hay smell. Just chlorophyll working itself out itself, i think. Sparked up it smells and tastes right haha.

Your plants look great man.

2 Likes

Would not touch that as a journal. Probably will set the kitchen on fire. I am going Everclear soak. Something hopefully I can’t screw up.

I will figure out how much weed I want to sacrifice to cooking with it once this grow is complete. I take nothing for granted. Still got some hill to climb on this grow.

3 Likes

Well good luck! Lol

1 Like

Update 27 OCT (Day 60 Above Dirt)

Fed .50 Label yesterday and posted a pic from today….

Morning Line up,
Morning formation: Old dirt #1 looks best of all 3 bags. Number #1 is closest in Pic from today.

Yesterday pic right after feed. #1 Far Left, #2 center #3 Closest to camera. Bad Pic. I see a problems maybe too much light at 20”, Doubtful. Probably a combo of ferts and crappy source water?

Can anybody post that Leaf Chart? I lost mine.

I tried to lay this Photo chart to my Auto time line approx

31 Oct marks Start of Week 6 in Flower (Target PPM Range wk 6 of flower 10-50-1400 Run off). I should be following marked line in Flora chart for week 6 flowering or close. I think I will hit it with another .25 percent even though the leaves on 2 and 3 are not perfect then probably start backing off the feed to get these PPM numbers down more in range with their chart. I think Roughly they will finish up around the end of month or early Dec.

I had the light a bit low so up a few inches to 25” off canopies on average. Still hitting them with max 168w. Going to scale that back last couple weeks incorporating the @meeasy of tapering the lamps back at finish up, mimic the natural season of growth.

STRATEGY: I think I am still going to go 0.25% next feeding on 30 Oct Day 63.

Opinions?

@spankyjr1 @hellraiser @meeasy @caligurl anybody @exofly

Hoping Santa Delivers the best batch of weed I’ve grown to date on Christmas AM.

5 Likes

Im too new to being offering that kind of advice, but i can provide a leaf chart. :grin:

Theyre looking great man

1 Like

Thanks for the leaf chart bro. Before I only saw the buds when I opened the door. I am trying to look at the leaves more.

My new thought process of leaves…Dark Green Good…Dull Green Needs feed LOL.

Probably not 100% accurate way to think though. Ball park Figures…

My leaves during my past grows started going Bad at 30 days. I had my mix order messed up where I was attempting to PH the water then adding the chems. Don’t do that.

My RO is under 100 PPM and there is not enough IONS in the water to get a accurate reading under 100 PPM, and a big thanks for @spankyjr1 for pointing out that fact. Just about any chem you are adding will bring your PPM well north of a 100 so you will be able to trust your PH reading at that point.

Right now I am averaging 100 PPM with start solution so…I can -100 PPM and judge what I am giving the plants.

I was not savvy to any of the numbers and I cut down a Gold Leaf at around 1000 PPM…that is the one plant I have that bitter fert aftertaste when I smoke some of it. That will probably be my cook down and make drops out of. The Drops are suppose to taste bad…what is a bit of fert. Heck might make them tast better, right?

1 Like

You never know until you try it…

What are drops for?

1 Like

Looking good getting better with each grow keep it up! :sunglasses:

IMO I would first start by removing those bigger damaged leaves as they are taking energy away trying to keep them alive that would otherwise go to producing bigger buds

IMO I would lower the light not raise it my lights are 6"-14" above the tops @ full power with no issues as long as you are not taking away from the overall footprint covering the sides

IMO I would still go 50% nutrient mix and reduce Epson to 1gram per gallon the max I use is 7.5grams per 5 gallons or 1.5 grams per gallon because Jacks uses Epson as the main source of magnesium I’m not sure about your Nutrients but would think they already have some in the mix so you should need less than me

Question for all:
using your numbers on PPM:
old dirt of 1520 runoff PPM
Solution/feed added 820PPM
Would your soil PPM be 700?
(that would be lower than what they are calling for at this stage)
So you already had 700PPM in soil and added another 820PPM for a total of 1520
Does that mean you need to feed more?

Just for comparison my runoff PPM numbers yesterday are between
1750-2200 PPM and I see no issues
A couple of pics all Blue Dream just over 3 weeks from flip to 12/12

3 Likes

Don’t remove leaves unless they are dead… if there is any life, they are still useful. I used to take them but now if I even think about it I hear Jorge screaming at me LOL…

But that’s just me. A lot of people like to pick them not because they think they are too dead to do anything, but they take them off so they can monitor the progression of more yellowing leaves easier.

At first, looking a the leaf chart, problems that start at the top and work down are immobile nutrients… mainly macro nutrients… but those are fairly rare. That being said, ayoucan try to add some micro nutrients (I usePeruvian Gold Micro Builder)… OR assume it might be wither pH issues or lighting.

The easiest thing to do is eliminate the guess work of macro and micro nutrients by doing a oil slurry test. This will let you know if you have a SOIL PH problem or not before you go down the rabbit hole of chains nutrient problems.

If the soil slurry test comes out ok, it might be safe to assume it’s the lighting.

When in flower, I turn down my lights to around 70-75% and try to keep them around 23 inches (minimum 20")… if you cannot turn down the lights, you may want to try and raise them again.

When you use hydroponic nutrients with soil-based plants, there will be excessively high concentrations of certain nutrients. These high concentrations will lead to the formation of salt build-up. The lower runoff ph might be an indicator of soil buildup which a soil slurry test will show.

1 Like

I’d keep feeding with at least 750-800 ppm every watering, the plants look on the hungry side to me rather than on the over-fed side.

2 Likes

Drops…to put concentrated THC under my tongue at night.

Trying to save some lung capacity for my 60s and beyond hopefully, knock wood. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Have you tried gummies? They taste better!!

1 Like

Leaves look bold, Rich. I peaked at Hell’s reply. I am going to keep with 0.50 label. I am far enough away don’t want to start getting complacent and coast to crappy buds on chop down day.

I will remove the damaged leaves this next date for feed. At least flush trim them so I can tell what is New Fd up as opposed to old Fd up when I am trying to determine what reaction I created by the day prior watering.

This is another valuable lesson you’ve taught me Spankster. I need to follow this from this point forward. I have not been reading the leaves in past… feed and read + 24 hr.

1 Like

Salt build up, hum?..I have noticed the label hydro coco soil. These GH Nutes were probably around when High Times Magazine first hit the news stands back when…early 70s? Primitive but it works.

I am guessing Salts and Water Source and Stoned person measuring being the culprits…

I try and be accurate with my measurements but, but maybe slight variance by not collecting enough before I measure it?Normally I have been measuring at about 17 FL Oz level of seepage out the bag.

I am going to take a guess Hellraiser used this Flora Trio stuff on his second Grow, way back in the day. Think he mentioned he was familiar with it anyway. Pre Internet would be my guess, LOL.

The Jack’s seems interesting. I think there is no PH-ing? Not sure If I got my facts correct on that.

I saw a EC calculation somewhere. Though I read this was most accurate of measuring soil properties

Yes we have picked up some in Colorado and of course I can only get the tourist 10 MG gummies.

Those are not strong enough. My wife can’t take the smoking but likes the gummies.

I would love 50 mg gummies or be able to make concentrated drops where the gag reflex would low, LOL. Think she would like the gummies more though.

Got any Easy Bake recipes you care to share? I see you were on that edibles thread. You can bake me a peach weed cake if you want. I saw your basket of fruit you grew. I loved California when I lived there. Perfect weather.

1 Like

Oh sweet. Thats why i love edibles

1 Like