Help, my girls are getting too tall. Don't want them to burn them with lights

So i’m in flower mode for 2 weeks. I had been pruning the tallest branches-maybe not enough. So now I’m stuck with almost no grow room vertically as you can see in the photos. I have some plastic small animal fencing (see in the pic) that I am going to try to secure over the tallest group to keep them from touching the HO tube bloom lights.
So any suggestions as to what I can do? I think I’m still at least 4 weeks out before harvest.

2 Likes

Hey bud your pics didn’t load or something?
Can’t see what your talking about

I forgot to attach. But they are there now

Maybe try tying back some branches so they grow out not up
What size room (tent ) you working with?
How long did you veg them
Did you too or fim them ?
Or use any type of training on them

I have some weighted chain segments holding the flexible branches horizontal. I am using a small bathroom (5’x5’x10’) for the grow room, 3 plants in the shower/tub, 3 others on a platform tilted toward the tub for drainage.
Probably veg’d them too long, just over 3 months. Not sure what “Did you too or fim them” means.
I did not do any training in terms of bending the branches during growth phase.

2 Likes

Topping and fimming are to techniques used to control hight of your plant both will make your plants bush out and slow upward growth
If you have ten feet you should have plenty of room to grow in doors
Suggest you do a search on the topic ( topping )
Most people hear I believe with veg for about 4 weeks not including seeding times and germination time . Before switching to flower
To my knowledge once you change over to flower most plant will grow up to 36 inches taller maybe a little more ?
Not sure what else you can do now but will think about it and let you know if there’s anything I think of
Can’t raise light I’m guessing or you would have lol

@garrigan62, would he still be able to supercrop these or is it too late now?

1 Like

I didn’t think you could super crop once in flower :hibiscus:?
So I’d be interested in knowing
Good question @FloridaSon

1 Like

The ones in tub taller then ones on shelf ?
Because in your picture they look like they are you can switch places and get rid of shelf
Go to hardware store and get some heavy 2 mil plastic and put that on floor to protect your floor and put pans under your pots ?
To catch excess water

1 Like