HELP! First time grow. Already beat the gnats and culled my plants, but I’m facing ever surmounting odds!

So honestly, naming the soil seems to have worked just fine and so far hasn’t caused anything unusual in the grow. So I may do it again. I’ve never seen that done actually that sounds interesting. You should create a guide on how to do that, it might be useful.

Well thank you, I hope so. It was a rough start. They have definitely been through a lot in veg. But I think I’m going to be ok. I’m truly excited to see the harvest and taste my first buds that I’ve grown myself.

1 Like

You still in flower right ?

1 Like

Yes indeed. 29 days in.

@DoomSlayerBuds
Only 5 more weeks, how far is your lights from canopy, you’re PPFD should be around 700-1000 par and DLi about 40 % good is what im running right now in 26 days in bloom !

1 Like

My lights are currently about 18 inches from the canopy. It’s a really weak blurple light, I’m waiting on my sonofarm pro light to come in, but it was delayed. Shouldn’t be much longer now, gonna really blast them the last few weeks

Go lower @DoomSlayerBuds, if it’s weak it has a string point of light par, so go closer go 12 inches for a week and see if it makes a difference until the new light, Sonofarm is that HPS with ballast of Led ?

I actually had to raise it because while the light is a weak blurple, the PAR in the center are super high. What makes it weak is how quickly and steeply the PARS fall off the further away you move from the center of the light and it’s also HOT, so any closer it stresses the plant out, any farther, they get stretchy and weak buds.

The sonofarm is an LED with the Samsung 301b bulbs. It’s a pretty impressive light, for an amazing price.

Can’t afford the Apache Tech stuff yet, lol.

1 Like

@DoomSlayerBuds
Hey, it took me 4 or 5 years to buy those lights, but I know you’ll get there eventually,

1 Like

I’m actually really excited about the sonofarm ones I got coming in. 5 year warranty, the specs are amazing. I’m watering at the mouth to get it running and see how the plants react?

So my light arrived today @yoshi should I put it in the tent and give them full blast right away? Or do you think the change in intensity will make them herm? They’re about halfway through flower so would quadrupling the amount of light they’re getting freak them out?

1 Like

Is the light adjustable , as long as it set on the same timer :timer_clock:, they should love more light , that what they need to eat , more light , yes just don’t be anxious , calculated , is it worth it re-arranging , now if it’s simple , I say go for it, how else will we know what they do in your grow . More light will never cause problems , it’s only when you move from sunlight to indoor light !

1 Like

Ahh ok, thank you! I wasn’t sure if introducing that much more light this late in their life would affect them negatively. Yes the lights got a dimmer and is on the same timer

1 Like

@DoomSlayerBuds , give them the business , Let it be Light ! Lol :laughing:!
How many weeks you have left ? Did you start counting from the flip ? If you did , it’s a common issue , but add 2 weeks , cause the first 2 is transition , which I don’t count as flowering , I start the official clock after I see pistils at least 3 nodes down , but you would be shocked how many professionals I met along the journey , claim they been gardening forever and a year right , and miss the harvest window by 4 -5 weeks , and be confused big time, than I show them mines , and they swear I have some top secret information , and I sell it as such too .
Two weeks don’t sound like much , but it’d vitally important for the final product after the cure is why you don’t want to miss that window . I usually harvest all 3 stages , and my mid grade be better than most around these parts . :upside_down_face: I just learn to wait long enough until I know forsure they ready , I never rush my harvest like I’ve done in my beginning days . Cannabis and Grapes :grapes: plants are in the same vegetable family of plant culture . With that info , grapes gets better over time after fermented right , so cannabis has that same potential . I know a guy who don’t smoke his finish buds until after a 3 step curing process he does that takes about 10-14 months, but it’s really something serious dank :ok_hand:, I was high and it was smooth , flavorful , I mean it was up on my list of good bud . I have not hit the year long cure yet , hopefully I can one season , but demand is so high right now , I cannot keep enough to hold out , when you can cash in right now while the getting is getting right . I told the wife , I rather sit on the money :moneybag:, than to sit on the money :moneybag:? Cause that much time , love , and care process , one is outdoor cure , so the risk of nature , I won’t sell it , but hopefully I can get me a 8 ounces stashed to aged in a humordour or in a seal box in a wine cellar either way I think is ideal .

2 Likes

Got about 5 weeks left, i flipped it to 12/12 on March 9th. The light is installed and putting out the max. I’m nervous I may have screwed the pooch on my gnarliest plant because it’s got some serious nute burn. It was growing really slow, but eating all its nutes, so I decided I’d give it the recommended dose for “heavy feeding” on my 2-8-4 nutes. Which is like, 2 teaspoons more than the general feeding. I came back to some dark clawing leaves and I’m fearful it may be a problem. But yeah I totally hear you, I don’t even know where to start with the curing process. These are my first 2 plants ever and I’m excited as all hell to get them cut and in my stash. I’ve got the next grow all lined up with primo seeds and food and all the good stuff and a great light.

1 Like

Clawing downward ? What size pots ? Try letting them drink what water is in them for at least a day or two , and water diet , one liter or a quart right at first light , or every other day to see if it’s over watering first ? If not , than it can be bound a bit , and at this point in flower, take those sun leaves off so you don’t worry yourself , do you have any humic , Recharge , Fish Shit , Silica , Anything to help the chlorophyll uptake , I would lower the phosphorus percentage going in through ppm or EC , and I’ll make sure my ph is going higher than my runoff , very important. Just cause it goes in 6.5 , don’t mean it comes out each time at 6.5 , it can fall by at least .5 in a matter of a light schedule , and sound like you have more than enough light at this point , are you did not have enough light at what you were feeding ?
The stronger you’re lights , that more your plants will feed ? If it’s auto , point of no return , write it down in your journal and count it as a lesson . Officially depending on many variables at this point , this feeding or the next one should be the last if it’s a short flower strain , longer I still stop my feeding at the same shut off points , just cause of how dark some of the brews go in , takes about 3 weeks of good watering to really flush them out to about 30% , but @DoomSlayerBuds I’m not real sure on all what , but if you feel like you’ve done to much , I agree and I’ll give her a big drink as soon as possible to so much of the salts get absorbed in the micronutrients that might cause late flower burn , which sucks balls , make you have to cure much longer to keep from having cotton mouth or bad munchies from harsh smoke , cure twice over and that might help .

Yeah, it’s clawing downward. It’s definitely a feeding issue. They’re in 3 gallon pots, and they were sharing a 300 watt blurple until last night. I always water my plants based on the weight of the pot and the moisture in the top soil. So it’s not over watering. I just think when I went for the heavy feeding, the plant was already well fed and i over did it. This plant in particular seems to very fickle, not like her sister who I could probably light on fire and it would still grow like crazy. The problem is, the plant that’s feeling the nute burn is the one that was COATED in tricomes, like somebody poured sugar all over it, right from the first signs of flower. So I’m upset. No autos, it’s photo. I’m thinking they’ll just get water fed until harvest and I’ll re adjust my feeding schedule on the next grow. Right now I just want to get these plants to harvest so I’ll have something to smoke while I grow out my next harvest.

2 Likes

PH going in is around 6.3 and coming out it’s 6.1 and 6.2. I cut most of those fan leaves off already so you can’t see it as much. But here it is. This is the chemdawg plant that I’m concerned about.

I see how some of the edges are curling up, but I can assure you that’s not from the light or heat. The temperature in the tent at its highest is 72 and at its lowest it’s 58. Also, this is the sister, who has been Recieving the same exact treatment under the same exact conditions.

She’s not as pretty, but she’s a hardy lady. So That part is likely genetics.

2 Likes

Clawing and dark dark green right ? Don’t used any more nutrients with Nitrogen in it if you can.
You have some Flower Fuel or Beastie Bloom ? No chi ching or open seaseme , just high P high K percentages until color lightens , it may not correct the clawing ?

@DoomSlayerBuds ,
You don’t know why one is more frosty than thee other , is cause the one that’s most frosty, you remove most of those big 5 & 7 finger sun leaves off , which is perfect to trigger trichome production . Either do the same on the other one too Sir , are take one of those big purple stem leaves that’s closes to the inside of the plants canopy , I’ll remove either both , all , one , are all the bottom ones and leave just the top two biggest ones , and that should cause a reaction in about 3 days now since you have more wattage in light now .
Honestly , your light power could be the culprit to be honest , cause your plants ppm going now will drop at least 600 ppm when you pour the feeding in at whatever ppm you at feeding right now , when you measure the runoff after you pour it in say at 1200 ppm , it will come out at 0790-0840 , and at 5 weeks , your ppm should be much much higher , but it’s as high as the light intensity will cause the plants to eat at .

1 Like