Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

I just feel up some buds, give them a squeeze and see how they respond, I might even roll a little bud around in my fingers to see how wet/dry it is. If it just turns to mush than it’s still too wet, once it starts to break up like you’d expect a bud to, then time to close them up in a container with a RH meter which will give you a much better indication of the moisture level, then bring it down slowly from there.

The snap test can lead to too dry buds, rather than a snapping, I look more for the stem to stay stiff when bent so there is more of a break at a right angle then the stem just bending like a wet noodle.

When in doubt, take down early and put into containers with a hygrometer to see what the RH is, can always leave the containers open as needed for further drying. If RH is over 70 after 12 or 24 hours, leave open for an extended time to bring the moisture level down quickly.

10 Likes

Great info. I know the basics but i know, like anything, there are tips and tricks. Just after all this effort, really want to get this process done proper as possible. As we all do of course. Thanks for taking time to post that.

2 Likes

These mango’s deserve a quality harvest, after hanging tough for me thru their quarantine. It all still seems surreal. Wow is all I can say.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch. Another question, if they are say alittle too high and I put them in Grove Bags, will they mold? or do you just burp them until they get to the correct RH?

3 Likes

Just burp them. Mine went in a bit high and I just opened bag for a bit.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Yeah burp the bags as needed, the marketing of the grove bags would lead one to believe that the bag will release excess moisture as needed but I have not found that to be the case, the RH stays the same when the bags are sealed up or they release moisture so slowly that there could be a mold issue if the buds are sealed up too wet.

5 Likes

cool thanks, went ahead and trimmed/packaged 2 plants yesterday. Will watch the RH inside the bags.

2 Likes

Did not want to junk up your other blue dream thread. If you have time to answer may I ask if flowering under the bspec for a few weeks will it kept the stretch down a bit and would you do it again? Mine seem like little monsters. Can see they want to shoot up. Thank you kindly. Learning so much.

2 Likes

Yes, starting flowering under the bspecs for 3 weeks will keep the plants from stretching as much as they would under a more red enhanced spectrum like the rspecs. I would do it again if needed. I also did similar when I used MH/HPS lights, if plants are too tall in veg and I’m scared of the stretch, I would start flowering with the MH (metal halide) that is also a very blue light like the bspecs, so it’s been a tool I’ve used for many years. I’ve also done the entire flowering period with a MH with good results, just a little less yield than the HPS and I would expect the same with the Bspec and Rspec lights.

6 Likes

Same. These are the ones I buried the stretchy stem. Never grown a sativa dominant indoors. Few hybrids. Mainly indica. Will veg with the bspec. Thank you kindly.

1 Like

When I go to water only, Pre chop, I assume that means no fish!t or recharge etc ? Just ph.

2 Likes

you dont even need to worry about pH at that point, you’re not trying to feed them so it shouldnt be an issue. some people raise their pH up so they can lockout any nutrients during that period so the plant can just utilize whats stored

4 Likes

I just do water only and don’t even ph it.

5 Likes

Had no idea. Even easier.

4 Likes

Yeah last 2 weeks of flowering is a piece of cake, no more mixing nutes, no more checking EC or ph, just water and watch the buds swell and then checking on the trichs so you can plan a chop date.

Another reason I like water only for last 2 weeks, a lot less work.

12 Likes

That’s why its every grower’s favorite time haha

3 Likes

Yeah my favorite time for sure, on the downhill side taking it easy and just looking at beautiful buds and the wonderful smell every time you open the tent. I love growing marijuana!

19 Likes

Indeed… I couldn’t agree more! That last two weeks smells like heaven.

9 Likes

Happy birthday :tada::birthday: @Newt

1 Like

Thank you, @JJ520!!

2 Likes