Harvesting early

Something came up and I’m afraid I have to harvest a week early. Does anyone know what the downside to this will be??

your weed aint as good.

3 Likes

What about yield??

sorry man…I was pre-coffee at the time. saw your question and was like WTF?? That’s obvious! lol

2 Likes

Have you checked to see how milkey they are ?

1 Like

Well I dont have a magnifier to look so I was planning on going by the orange hairs this go around. I have like 30% orange hairs so i was thinking it was about a week early idk

@vicbesos420,

I believe I posted this for Oak the other day …its fact !

Watch Pistils

This is the simplest harvest method. Watch the pistils/hairs growing on the buds and harvest based on how many have darkened and curled in.

For a speedier high, harvest when about 40% of white hairs have darkened and curled in

For highest THC levels and buds that make you soar, wait until buds have fattened and 50-70% of the white hairs have darkened and curled in.

For higher CBN levels, which cause more of a relaxing effect, wait until new white hairs stop growing, and 80-90% of the hairs have darkened and there are few white hairs.

Watch your Trichomes

For the marijuana scientist, watching the trichomes gives you a bit more insight into what’s going on with your plant’s cannabinoinds.

Plus it’s really fun to look at trichomes through a jeweler’s loupe or microscope.

Early on, when there are still many clear trichomes, buds tends to produce a heady, wired kind of high. THC levels are lower at this point, though they’re ramping up each day.

For highest THC levels, harvest when nearly all the clear trichomes have turned milky white. This will produce buds with the most mind-altering effects.

For a more relaxing effect, wait to harvest until many of the milky white trichomes have darkened to amber/gold. These amber trichomes have a bit less THC, but more CBN. The presence of CBN often reduces the anxiety some people feel from high THC levels to ere is a lot of variation between strains and people’s preferences, so it is highly recommended you experiment with your plants to see what works best for you.

Important Tip: Exact harvest time isn’t as critical as we once thought.

Don’t stress too much, often buds have similar levels of cannabinoids even when harvested weeks apart.

How do I experiment with harvest time if I only grow 1 or 2 plants?

It is totally okay to harvest different parts of your plants at different times.

Just make sure there is enough green foliage left to support the plant.

Some growers say that harvesting different parts of the plant at different times is stressful for the plant, and that is true.

It’s also been shown that stress near harvest time actually causes an increase in resin/cannabinoid production, which most growers find beneficial.l
While you’re in the harvest window, your plant puts all her effort into making the most awesome buds possible.
As long as you have a healthy plant, I highly recommend harvesting different parts of the plant at different times to (labeling them so you remember which one you harvested when!) and find out what works best for you.

I have more info if you need it. Hope this helps

13 Likes

@ LTX . Will’s got you covered and Nailed on this … ihave have done this ,This way for years … But i do have and own and very good loupe …,some times you just cant reach them all to see clearly … at those beauty trichomes …But you can see the hairs. and you can see when they start turning Turning Back Into The Calyx … "Depending on the strain you have normally 2weeks to harvest and the trichomes will be 75-80% amber … @gariggan62 . your post is one of the best and most comprehensible on this ive seen … .Daa ,Hammer :grinning:

4 Likes

I am using uvb and it works. High intensity.

2 Likes

@vicbesos420,

This will be good for you Vic

Cold Temperatures

Cannabis pistols While it may seem like a bad idea to allow cannabis plants to get cold given their ideal growing climate, during the last two weeks of the flower cycle, it can actually be beneficial to allow the room to cool down to between 50℉ and 60℉ at night. A sequence of warm days (lights on) and cool nights (lights off) towards the end of growth mimics the natural growth cycle of cannabis plants – many cannabis genetics naturally flower in the colder months. Running colder temperatures boosts the plants metabolic system resulting in more resin production and a larger range of aesthetically appealing flower colors. All the colors in your pistols will be more pronounced will be a result of cool nights at the end of a flower cycle combined with the plants’ genetic predisposition for producing beautiful colors. And bigger yeild.:grin:

This will help you out Vic. I’ve been doing it for some time now.

B Safe
Will

4 Likes

@vicbesos420 ,

This is on " HEAT ". Vic

ok i found this and was just wondering will maybe messing with the temps have a chance of increasing some resin production not that there is a prob with it as it is everything is lovely just wondering?

Many factors influence the production of THC. In general, the older a plant, the greater its potential to produce THC. This is true, however, only if the plant remains healthy and vigorous, THC production requires the proper quantity and quality of light. It seems that none of the biosynthetic processes operate efficiently when low light conditions prevent proper photosynthesis. Research has shown (Valle et al. 1978) that twice as much THC is produced under a 12-hour photoperiod than under a 10-hour photoperiod. Warm temperatures are known to promote metabolic activity and the production of THC. Heat also promotes resin secretion, possibly in response to the threat of floral desiccation by the hot sun, Resin collects in the heads of glandular trichomes and does not directly seal the pores of the calyx to prevent desiccation. Resin heads may serve to break up the rays of the sun so that fewer of them strike the leaf surface and raise the temperature. However, light and heat also destroy THC. In a drug strain, a bio-synthetic rate must be maintained such that substantially more THC is produced than is broken down. Humidity is an interesting parameter of THC production and one of the least understood. Most high-quality drug Cannabis grows in areas that are dry much of the time at least during the maturation period. It follows that increased resin produc. tion in response to arid conditions might account for increased THC production.

and this is the book or study lol
Marijuana Botany
An Advanced Study: The Propagation and Breeding of Distinctive Cannabis
by Robert Connell Clarke

8 Likes

hey g,my plant is at full bloom.my buds are still white about 5 percent of them havestarted curling turned redish color.im ferting once a day at about when do I start to flush the plant and how long do I flush before harvest.

You fert once a day? I like to fert once a week. Must be a very light solution?? I flush around week 8/9 depending on the trich color. I like 50/50 ratio in amber and cloudy