Harvest questions

and if it is from bagseed and you pulled some clones while in the veg stage and put said clones in flower they will have produced seeds almost right away.

These were random seeds that I have saved over time, four plants in tent, two Sativas (seem to be same strain) with the most pods I can see, and two Indicas , different strains. One not affected at all, the other has pods just starting to form.

I think that’s exactly what is going on here. Why didn’t they show there true colors when they were younger ? They have a lot of Tricomes, but they need another week to ripen.

i’m growing crystal fem from ilgm now and the genetics are fantastic. been hot and humid here too but just keep above average airflow on them and they wont stop budding. so all i’m saying is you learn from experience. and from first hand experience ilgm seeds rock! So get some non bagseeds with good genetics and you’ll never go back to bagseed. :grinning:

aint nothing dumb about it, you didn’t know. and sadly to say is it will only get worse, hermies that is

Man, this was an expensive lesson, learned the hard way. I guess it makes sense, I thought it was really cool to find a seed in my bag of really good weed. Never really wondered why it was there.

So you would recommend harvesting now ?

plants look awesome so you can grow we know that, now get some good seeds. :sunglasses:

harvesting is all up to you. you can let em finish and buds will be riper while your waiting on some decent seeds. then you’ll still have a little bud and a whole bunch of bagseed. not trying to be funny either. i’ve been there and it does suck. i truly feel your pain man.

You have some nanners in the first pic and hermie growth in the second pic. At this stage you can clip off the growth and any buds that have the nanners to slow down the hermits and probably still have a good harvest from all plants. I have had nanners on white widow and still come out ok.

Stress can cause it. Most likely is light leak hitting one spot. You have to watch closely for the pods to clip them before they open and spew pollen is the trick here. The other option is cull the weirdos which I would do if it was earlier in the Grow for sure.

2 Likes

On a side note, using different threads for different questions may make it hard to go back and see the answers you need in the future. I would run the two threads, one for your outdoor and one for indoor to keep the journal in the order things happen.

1 Like

I think it’s to late to take just the buds that look affected, I can acually see a couple of seeds on a couple of buds. I guess that means the polin has already done it’s job. One plant shows no sign of seeds at all.

I’d let it finish up proper, then harvest. Save what you can for smoking, then use the rest for edibles. Definitely try to pinch your nanners, or…even gently mist with h20, which deactivates pollen,but during bloom, that is tricky, though.

It’s still pot! It’ll still work! It’ll just be seedy.

3 Likes

The pollen is already spewed so it’s closing the barn door after the horses are gone. Just let it ride and take some free seeds. They will be mostly fem with a chance of hermie but good for emergency .

Ya right !! Like I’m ever going to have anything to do with these seeds again. To much heartbreak for that !!

1 Like

I wouldn’t save the seeds. This is from experience. Grew a few bag seed plants, 6 out of 8 hermied. I kept the seeds & planted them. Next grow, all of them hermied. 2 years later, I tried again with 3 seeds I had left; they all hermied.

I threw away all remaining bag seeds at that point.

2 Likes

I also have my Queen of Hearts in the fowler garden that is six ft tall, do you think she will herm also ?she is just starting to show signs of flowering.

Do a forensic exam on the “pod” to make sure it’s not a swollen bud calyx. My experience is if the plant seeds it will look radically different immediately. All pistils will turn over night, any “powdered sugar” will vanish, etc.

1 Like

I just did the forensic exam, it’s confirmed, they are all affected. Upon close inspection of the buds, it seems all are either producing seeds, or getting ready to. Most buds still look good, I’m thinking maybe I should take them now before the problem gets worse. I was going to harvest some next week anyway. I guess I just learned a hard lesson. @Myfriendis410

1 Like

like i said, been there and sounds like others have been there to. whatever u do just clean up real good before you start next grow.