Harvest questions

So there’s a seed in the pod? If you haven’t I’d take one apart to see. Just to be 100%.

1 Like

OK. If you could post a single picture, we can zoom in and inspect it by clicking on it. If you post two, we can only switch between pictures.

That said, I see new growth, but not seeds. The calyxes (bud structure) are all “seed-pods”, but they don’t get actual seeds (usually) unless they pollenate with a male.

You can have seeds show up on a plant that has stress and hermaphrodite’s (switches sex in whole, or on parts) but the top of the bud isn’t where you would see those.

What it looks like is buds getting fat and adding weight.

2 Likes

If you’ve confirmed seeds developing, I’d harvest the hermied plants tomorrow just before lights on. There’s still one in there that hasn’t started going to seed correct?

If you wait another week you’ll see the glittery goodness disappear and your buds becoming more and more male like.

When you harvest/trim them be careful about spreading pollen around. Def shower and change clothes before tending to your outdoor plant.

Yes, there is no doubt, I will be busy tomorrow harvesting my first failed grow.

here is the bad news.

These buds were, and still are covered with Tricomes and showed no sign of seeds three days ago. Even though I will be taking them early, will the weed still be any good ?

It’ll still be good. Maybe not quite as potent, and full of seeds, but it’ll work.

It’s not a failure. Every grow is a lesson.

If you haven’t yet, get some clippers like these.

https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Non-stick-Softgrip-Micro-Tip-Pruning/dp/B01LQ8E5KK?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

The bulb like growth is not necessarily hermie. This is what happens when they get near harvest and swell.

Here is one of my buds for example

It has similar bulbous growth but was not full of seeds. The yellow pods are what I see as issues but I would ask one of the commercial growers to be sure. I am still not sure I have let any grow completely finish. This one is the longest I let a Grow flower.

5 Likes

Is that BBA? I tend to get that formation particularly with that strain.

Well I did a forensic exam, they are most definitely seeds. One of the plants does hAve similar growth as your pic, but I think I should take her before they turn into seed. Am I right ? Anyone, anyone at all.

By now everything in you tent has been pollinated. You can cull them before seeds develop any further. I see edibles in your future :grin: or some hash.

1 Like

What about the buds that show no sign of seeds , should I just end the whole grow now ? @Budbrother

And edibles, hash, is that because the weed won’t be very good ? @Budbrother

You have fans blowing, so that pollen has already been dispersed throughout the whole tent. Seed lower the quality because energy gets diverted away from bud development and goes into making seeds… I’d cull the whole grow now. Just my $.02 worth. Sorry

• I don’t have the patients to pick out the seeds. My frustration would turn into anger, so I would let the screen remove the seeds for me. Then I’d have a jar of hash and a pleasant smile again.

I agree, I’m chopping tomorrow morning.

Now you can start planning your next grow.

Keep that pollen on your side of town. :grin:

1 Like

:sunglasses:

I wouldn’t call it a failure. That weed will still be plenty potent. I guess we’ve all fogotten the weed we started out with when we were teens. Seedy, stemmy, ditch weed. You all remember that? And boy, did it do its job, right?

So, it’s not perfect, but you were growing something infinitely better than ditch weed, already, so your seedy weedy is still going to hit the spot.

Plus, all those edibles you’ll be able to make.

2 Likes

Don’t get me started about the “brick weed” of the 80’s. Once you sorted out the seeds, stems and leaves there was nothing left.

2 Likes

Exactly! Those buds he’s growing, seeds and all, will be infinitely better than brick weed. Honestly, not much worse than they’d be if they hadn’t hermied, especially since they hermied so late in bloom.

2 Likes

@Pat2 - Are you sure there are no MALE plants in there or I’ve heard that some plants don’t like to much stress that they can go " Hemi" , from what I’ve read a plant can form seeds from stress through the grow, some examples of stress , LST , heat , nutrient problems during the plant , to much light - not enough light. I’m sure one of the experienced growers can help you out,!!!
Sorry I couldn’t be more help and Good Luck , I’ll be following to see how You and Your Ladies are doing :thinking:

MBgrower:herb: