Harvest questions

Congrats…each grow is it’s own adventure. Good to remember what worked best and repeat.
Maybe next time buying some fresh seeds will make it easier and more productive.

Best Wishes…

1 Like

They still need to cure. Let them sit it the jars with the lids off for 15 to 30 minutes a day to let them replace the stale air and release some of the residual moisture. The smell will come back after the chlorophyll and organic methane are leeched out.

I’m a bit late to chime in, but…
I’ve noticed that lighter/larfy-er buds don’t seem to develop the same dank intensity as dense buds do. The more leaf that’s left on the bud when trimming also seems to reduce the smell/taste and also give it more of a hay like scent.
It usually takes a week or two of curing/burping to improve flavor. A month is the sweet spot for me.
Just keep burping the jars daily for a month. Then get some boveda 62% packs. I put one packet in per qt.jar for long term storage.

I say it’s a good thing you harvested when you did, ( not just because of the thievery). The weather was damn nasty. I harvested my outdoor grow last weds, which was a full two weeks before I’d wanted to, just because the bud rot was accelerating so rapidly. I’ll peg my losses at about 40%.

1 Like

So it’s next month, how’s your harvest looking ? :smile: :wink: @Whodat66

One plant (of 2) left to chop on Monday night or Tuesday. Should be about 4oz or so. Here’s a pic I took earlier of her sitting in the dark, waiting on the executioner :wink:

2 Likes

Very nice looking little lady. : ) , what strain did you say she is ? Are those 5 gal pots ? I just ordered some “White Widow” auto seeds today. They will be my second indoor grow, first time with autos. I plan to grow just two, over the winter. @Whodat66

That is super skunk fem. ILGM. I tried to kill it a few times and I got that :wink: And it’s a 5 gallon. Plant is only about 30" tall.

She’s just my type, short, and well endowed . I would be very happy if I were you. @Whodat66

1 Like

Oh, definitely happy. just over 100 days start to finish, and that top is dense. I finally gave it a squeeze :wink:

1 Like

She really is a beauty, I just want to do a little topping early, and then just watch them grow. :slight_smile:

What did you feed her ? I have been using FF stuff, and had pretty good luck.

1 Like

FF exclusively - soil to nutes. I can say that this strain likes it.

Hello people , it’s been a few days since I’ve posted. The final tally is in for the harvest of the "Queen of Hearts " , I actually had 14 qt. Size jars, and 4 pt. Size jars filled to the top with buds. Four of those qt. jars are well manicured popcorn buds. The qt. jars average 2 oz’s ea. , so the total amount dried and in jars is 32 OZ’S. !!! Thats right folks she was well over two pounds !!! Let’s not forget about the approximately two, to four oz’s. , that some scumbag got, when they pulled her up by the roots. She was about 8ft. tall and if you forgot what she looked like I’ll give you another look

She came from a bag seed, and I didn’t do anything fancy to get that yield, used Fox Farms food, and regular tap water. Not bad for my first grow. I will be germinateing two White Widows today, tent is all cleaned up, and ready to go. @Drinkslinger @blackthumbbetty @Humanclone @Budbrother @MBgrower @Stomper @raustin @TDubWilly @tanlover442 @HornHead

7 Likes

Congratulations, that’s a great harvest!

1 Like

You must have super dense nugs! My quart jars hold an ounce each.

Congrats that’s a great harvest

Is that typical ? To be honest I don’t own a scale. I had so much weed, that have been giving whole jars to close friends. I have had two tell me that they were two Oz’s. One a little over, and one a little under. I guess I will have to see for myself. I will update later.

4 Likes

congrats…you managed to pull in a good harvest in spite of the hardships.

Here’s hoping it’s just the first of many…:cowboy_hat_face::star_struck::vulcan_salute::v:

1 Like

Hell Yeah Bud. Nice haul :grin:

Nice job for one plant I harvested one of my Black Widows ended up with 300 grams dry plus about two Oz’s I had clipped off earlier.
My quart jars have an oz in each I didn’t want to pack it in there too much its still curing.