Growing with a blackmoon rising

Mold sux … wish u all the best … airflow airflow

4 Likes

Got plenty of air flow @Daggy_2.0 got plenty of space.
The humidity been really high the last few weeks and there been no sun and most days it’s drizzled or rained.
2nd morning with no rain and blue sky’s and a breeze but it’s ment to rain later.
Cheers :beers:

3 Likes

Thanks @TheVirginian
Yep when we’re in trim jail and waiting on a good cure and a puff puff on some fresh herb your all getting ready for your out door grows.
Keeping the world green and in-between there the closet growers all year round.
Cheers for dropping by

5 Likes

There in pots can u not put them undercover when it rains and have a fan going .,…

3 Likes

Sounds like really tough growing conditions. Wet and damp with no sun makes it very difficult to not get bud rot. How the sun comes out and stays out for a bit for ya bro :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ve found this too! They take a while to get started but that seems to completely slow down the whole Auto process as well and they veg for longer, in my experience anyway, and they get huge! :heart_eyes:

So sorry you’re battling rot mate. I lost a huge Zkittles bud to rot the other day. I think it had been leaning/touching another bud. I need to be more proactive about that this grow

4 Likes

Nar because the popo visited me earlier I’ve taken precautions and have them further away more concealed a part of the access is on hands and feet.
Ends of last season in March when I discovered the rot I was out there with a hair dryer on the end of extention cords powered by my generator.
What a sight.
Didn’t help in the long run.
But committed.
There’s no way a large plant in pot are coming out of there in tact.
Forecast is for this weather til 23rd December so think I’ll pull what’s left of them next opportunity I get.
I generally like to do that on a dry day.
But I’ll have to do it wet.
Just shake them well hang and dry with hair dryer if needed.
Cheers @Daggy_2.0

8 Likes

You’ve got some nice big plants going. :partying_face::partying_face:

6 Likes

Ideally I like harvesting my plants on dry sunny days but it be ok to chop on wet days.
This weather pattern continuing til at least 23rd
Whats left of them not going to last.
Next chance I get think I’m gunna chop them. Better to have a mild buzz than no buzz right

7 Likes

@Amazon66 those bags work well. I use them every grow and have had good luck with them. It’s nice to just drop the whole thing into the final pot with no transplant shock.

5 Likes

Smoked some of this on the 11th after a week of drying and a few days in its jar getting burped.
Did have much buzz sadly got red itchy eyes.
Oh well.
Right.
It was only 16 days into flowering after all.

3 Likes

Thanks @Capt.Cola
It’s crazy weather.
This grey cloud just keeps on coming.
Drizzle here and there dash of sun to heat the moisture up every now and then we get the wind clean the humidity away for a bit.
Stay the same til after Xmas the latest forecast.
Oh well.
Never ever seen this kind of weather pattern this time of year and never for a month before. Crazy

4 Likes

Hi all I have a question.
I have spent a few hours googling.
Dried and cured cannabis that smells musty
Can it be washed say in hydrogen peroxide and dried again in an attempt to rid of the smell and more importantly any spores that have developed in the jar that one doesn’t like the thought of inhaling.
It’s not a strong smell but it’s there.
The nose knows right.
Most of my reading the theme was throw it out if in doubt throw it out.
And how would the average grower know what species of mold it is hidden in the herb as you can’t see it.
It’s actually a wonder we get to ever have buds without mold mildew after my research today.
I didn’t find much on using this musty cannabis as edibles other than it might make them taste bad.
I’m guessing the decarb process kills any antigens that can be harmful to the body and yet vaping it the spores still get into the lungs.
Eating it the digestive system deals with any toxins I guess.
Feel free to share your knowledge and/or experience

2 Likes

Update
13th December 2021
Well folks I went up to my auto’s patch with a big sack.
And pulled bcn critical XXL seed dropped 22nd August
Pulled my og kush 6th August seed dropped 6th August
Then traveled around the sth island in our van.
Also pulled is my blueberry seed dropped 6th August.
Due to the on going issue with the weather this summer.
They were continuing to rot out.
My Stilton that was the runt of the family is fine no sign of bud rot and its really filling out.
Check this out.

One from a distance and the other close up of the top bud and another in the background
I like it I like it

4 Likes

Bcn processed
Left is what remains as good bud center the pile of bud rot
Right is a shot of the root system… tiny.

1 Like

Og kush she showed sio much potential beautiful colour and size sadly not mature enough.
Left saved bud centre bud rot and right the root ball some what bigger.

Lastly blueberry she showed potential too.
Covered in trichromes like diamonds
Still clear sadly :disappointed_relieved:
This blueberry had the biggest root ball of these 3.

Blueberry processed
Left good bud centre rot and leaves
Right another shot of the root ball

1 Like

I have no experience but I’ve heard if it’s moldy smelling throw away. Maybe someone who has tried to use it will answer

2 Likes

Yep thats the consensus @Amazon66
I’m sure it can be made into cannabutter

3 Likes