Growing with a blackmoon rising

Far out mate thats grim news.
Like you say though good to actually know what’s going on in your neck.
Thanks for the update
Cheers

4 Likes

U doing great brother and u fix any issues u have and always share

4 Likes

17th November 2021.
Update on my auto family :family:

I’m really impressed with them all.
Blueberry far right doing its thing.
Stilton center rear that started life as a runt of the family wondering if it would make it or not and not only did it make it.
it formed a double leader and going well.
I could have worked that double leader but I’m really stretch for time to give them the love they really deserve.
I’m most impressed with og kush far left as last season og only grew to half the size of Bcn at center front is now.
Flowers are forming nicely on all of them.
Bit of luck I can have them harvested before Christmas.
Thats my plan anyway.
Woo hoo fresh herbs for Xmas
Happy growing everyone and happy smoking.
Cheers :beers:

6 Likes

My blueberry was a very aggressive growers as a photo

2 Likes

19th November 2021
Update

Ok. Well My baklava died while away at work.
Think Acapulco going to follow suit.
It’s got the tiniest solar leaves and the tiniest tap root.
Good news is God father pushing its way out the woolrock cube.
Yay.
No sign of bruce banner yet.
Moby looking strong as does super skunk and Lambs breath for seedlings
By the end of last night a full and partial blood moon I had dropped another Acapulco baklava and also a black Valium.
Now you better bloody strike this time and grow.
Come on.
Checked on the up and coming godfather this morning
It’s got a strong stem as it emerges from its cube no helmet but where the cotyledon leaves bend down from the stem preparing to straiten up.
Right at that u bend its looking like it’s shriveling and going to cut the leaves off.
This f##king godfather stain doing my head in.this is the 3rd attempt now.
Bruce still a no show.
Wonder what’s going on.
I’ve had a closer inspection with my magnifying glasses on.
God father is ok at that u bend point were cotyledon meets stem.just that the cotyledon are very pale yellow
Also I fished out Bruce and it turns out it didn’t have a tail after its water soak and put in the rock wool cube.
I’m sure it did.
Anyway it was still in its shell.
Locked in firmly
So I put on my magnifying glasses and grabbed my scalpel.
between my fingers I scrapped the outer husk off and prized the shell open a small bit broke away exposing the cotyledon inside.
I have put it back inside its cube and covered it over again.
Let’s see what it does from this point on.
Fun and games.
Cheers
Hope your all having a more strait forward start to there grow than myself.
It’s all learning I must remind myself at the end of the day.

3 Likes

So long as we can learn what’s going on and the seed gods just don’t have it in for us right now! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

20th November 2021
Update

Here is my 3rd attempt to succeed in germinating my godfather seeds.

To recap I last minute decided to put the sprouted seed glass water style in woolrock.
Which I’ve never done before.
Thinking maybe it’s my seedling mix that’s killing off my newly germinated seeds.
Well she popped out of the woolrock cube ok after a few days.
Only springing them once a day with water.
I’ve cut the cube down and put it in my usual seed raising mix.
As you can see those cotyledon leaves don’t look a happy colour.
Just don’t know what’s going on this grow season with my germination it’s been a real high failure rate.
I’m thinking maybe next sprig of water I give it a light dose of seasol. (Liquid Seaweed fertilizer)
See if it’s nutrient deficiency causing the yellow leaves.
Any ideas :bulb:
My loyal followers
What you think @Arrow :thinking:
And any one else you think may know. I really don’t want to loose another godfather seed if I can help it.
The stem looks strong just those poor cotyledon leaves
As always
Happy growing and sharing everyone

3 Likes

20th November 2021
Update 2
Just today I gave my 3 successful germinated seedings there first sprig of low dose seasol.
Super skunk Lambs breath Moby dick.
Also yesterday they got there first day of being outside in the sun.
Couple hours then shade then more sun so on.

4 Likes

Hi @Mark0427
You may have to scroll back a few posts get the picture.
Cheers

2 Likes

im not going to lie to you…but that is not looking good…looks like the cotyledon leaves where trapped in a high moisture environment and started to decay…
put a dome over it and spray the inside of the dome…not the plant…keep in indirect light and keep the temps down…sorry for your troubles brother …but that plantie is up to the grow gods

here is a lunar calendar for you …just to stack more odds in your favor…

hope this helps… :sunglasses: :v:

4 Likes

Cheers @Arrow
I’m actually wondering if I’ve added too much peroxide to my nip jar during soaking.
It went from the water soak into the woolrock cube.
So was in water for 24 hrs then from memory took 2 days to poke its leaves out of the woolrock cube
Never used them before.
It was a snap decision after reading my growers Bible book.
They recommend it as the best start for seeds.
But to be fair they didn’t suggest soaking them first.
This will be the 3rd God father seed I’ve destroyed this season.
I might retire hang up my growers coat.
Fail after fail gets you down.
Dang.
I probably won’t lol.
I want to make this seedling live.

3 Likes

Thanks for the calendar @Arrow I’ll give it some time to read over.
At work at the moment.
My last 2 seed drops have been either on the full moon or few days prior.
Cheers

4 Likes

:monkey: :briefs:…have an awesome day… :sunglasses: :v:

3 Likes

I use a shot glass to germ in I fill the glass with 1 cap of 3%peroxide the rest ro water. Make sure u don’t have the strong peroxide to start.

1 Like

When u germ seeds like in water for 24 then take out of water to a napkin folded doubled or tripled cover seed with napkin and soak the napkin down not in a puddle but wet wet. Put all this on a thin glass plate and set the plate on a heating pad on high. Heat is a real winner for getting seeds in my eyes it works well for softening she’ll and skin for plant to pop out easy. If u give it another shot try getting a tail on seed then strait to it’s home. Have the pot soaked down with water and ready for seedling. Then after buried give a small spray or 2 on soil over seed cover with so and leave it til u see green. The wait to water it til the pot feel super light then soak her down again til 20 percent runoff and leave her alone another prolly week or so.

2 Likes

@Jaydawg6528 I believe had one self topper or a pest topped it somehow. And I believe I wanna say @pr had an outdoor self topper

2 Likes

Ya think this might have something to do with it? An does your seedling mix have nutes, if so adding the liquid seaweed fertilizer might not be needed either.

1 Like

Todays update
21st November 2021

My 2nd Acapulco got a tail that I moved from water to paper towel yesterday after my 1st attempt failed.
As has my 2nd attempt at baklava and my 1st attempt at sprouting black Valium seed.
Not going to use those wool rock cubes feels very foreign to me.
I don’t have any jiffys so I guess strait to my potting mix like I have with all the others.
Fingers crossed.
Rainy ol day here today.
Hope your all well in your world’s
Happy growing everyone enjoy your flowers :bouquet:

2 Likes

This is exactly what I have used so that’s great.
One cap is more than what I would normally use but it’s 3%.
Cheers for that feed back.
I was a bit concerned my issue I’m experiencing may have Been too much peroxide.
Maybe it’s not.

1 Like

Now this is interesting what you have posted here.
I moved them to the paper towel in the zip lock bag on a plate on a heat pad.
In the middle of the night I had a panic what if they getting too hot.
So I dragged my stoned ass out of bed and took them off the heat pads but in the same cupboard space went back to bed.
When I transfer my sprouted seed with tail into my medium I’ve never wet the whole contence of the pot.
I’ve always just given 2 squirts of water over the area I popped the seed in and covered it.
This makes sense to have the whole content of the pot moist to start with so the root not driving down into dry soil relying solely on those 2 squirts of water sprayed from above.
Ofcourse I’m thinking it doesn’t want to be saturated.
I’ll give this a go its something new to my approach see how I go.
Thanks @Mark0427

4 Likes